Rika Kihira | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

MiraiFan

Final Flight
It was great to see Rika! She seems to be in good hands with Brian and on the right path. Fingers crossed for her getting over her injuries and back to shine her brightest!
She looked really good and her programs are lovely (glad she kept the short). She just needs a bit more time to get her jumps back. Her skating skills are, as always, divine and it was great to see her looking happy.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Rika's end of year post.

Instagram auto-translation:

Thank you all so much for 2022 ✨

The beginning of 2022 was the beginning of the worst days like never before, but I think it has been a year where I have experienced a lot of people's support and become stronger mentally.
2023 I want to be stronger and work hard to recover my skills and scores 🔥
I hope 2023 will be a wonderful year full of smiles for everyone~💫
Have a good year✨

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Comeing of age means an archery contest!
Coming of Age Day was this Monday, but this Sunday young people who are now recognized as adults will be participating in the traditional Ōmato Taikai archery competition at Sanjūsangen-dō Temple! The event is based on an old competition called Tōshiya that used to be held here for centuries. Its modern version is also quite popular, particularly due to the fact that young women compete in gorgeous traditional wear: long-sleeved furisode kimono and hakama. On the same day, the temple holds the Ritual of the Willow, where people are blessed for health and prevention of headaches. (Photo from Discover Kyoto archives

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm looking for video of a few of Rika's earlier performances...

16/17 > Kinki Junior Regionals > FS (10/10/16)
17/18 > Japan Western Junior Sectionals > FS (11/4/17)
17/18 > Japan Junior Nationals > FS (11/26/17)

I know video of Japan regionals and sectionals often isn't available, but I'm hoping to at least get lucky with the junior nationals footage! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I'm looking for video of a few of Rika's earlier performances...

I know video of Japan regionals and sectionals often isn't available, but I'm hoping to at least get lucky with the junior nationals footage! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe @tsuyoboogie knows about those or has them stored somewhere 🙂 ?

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Thanks! @tsuyoboogie, if you have any of these or know where to find them, I'd be grateful! 🙏🏼

In case folks are interested, I was able to at least find clips from each of these performances...

I'm still holding out hope of finding the full video of at least some of these. 😊

rabidline

Final Flight
Last edited:

DougDorsey

On the Ice

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The news are not good at all. I put it under spoiler, as it contains radios, but they were sent by Rika Kihira herself, so it's a matter of sensitivity, not confidentiality:

macy

Record Breaker
if she ever wants to successfully return to competition she HAS to stop pushing it. she HAS to rest and let it fully heal. if she doesn't she's never going to come back. its been what 2, 3 years??? and each time she's attempted any kind of comeback it's been too early and she's gotten reinjured. it doesn't matter if shes only competing doubles and easy triples- she needs to do nothing. Rika, PLEASE rest!!!!!