Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm absolutely charmed by this interview of Riku and Ryuichi by Jackie Wong. I mean, I'm charmed once again. They're almost exactly like I imagined them to be.

It's a very interesting, informative interview about their journey. Still, my favorite question-and-answer is when Jackie asks each of them what their favorite pairs element is. Ryuichi said:

"Ever since I started skating with Riku, the moment I throw the twist I get the sensation that my partner is flying through the air. Like, for a moment she is defying gravity."

I just find it so interesting. Ryuichi is imaginative, and I knew that because of how expressive and passionate he is in their skating and their partnership. But to hear him say that the twist is his favorite because he experiences the feeling of flying, of defying gravity (through her) ... well, that's really cool. It just shows how their souls are linked. (well, maybe I'm a little out-of-bounds here, but that's just me).

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations to them on an absolutely stellar performance in the Olympic free TE!!🤩🤩🥰. She is like a cat.. the best save on a throw (triple loop) landing I have ever seen…. Knees of feather and steel!! 🦋. Wish I had them..😁

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The following is from CBC television's broadcast of Worlds with Kurt Browning and Meagan Duhamel as the commentators (no short programs were aired).

2022 Worlds Pairs LP Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

I had to upload the duo's long program on Streamable because it was rejected by Dailymotion due to the music.

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Medal Ceremony Clip (CBC TV 720p):