Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Watching this performance by Zinina, it's incredible how much worse her ballet arms are than Zhilina's, who is over a year younger. She was scored through the roof by Mishin and Sotnikova for some unknown reason. Why would anyone give 5.8 in tech for a 3-2 and a fallen triple? At least TAT gave 5.5.

On Akatieva's performance, I really am not a huge fan of a program like this. I feel like the choreo really let her down, especially in comparison to the last one. Still, it's incredible how much better her skating skills are than Zinina's. Also, she did the Kostornaia entry to her Flip, and the Flip looked to have a better edge than usual. I really would like to know what Mishin and the other one who only gave her 5.9 for tech are smoking.

Ah, after watching Berestovskaya's performance I don't think there's any question she should win. That was the best of the night by far. And not for just ladies.

Agreed. While Akatieva has stronger jumps, Berestovskaya's performance and program were much more captivating (and I prefer her spins and field movements more). So true that Akatieva's choreo let her down in her Carmen program.

Sorry Akatieva fans, but I'd say the judges def got it right.

tars

Record Breaker
Agreed. While Akatieva has stronger jumps, Berestovskaya's performance and program were much more captivating (and I prefer her spins and field movements more). So true that Akatieva's choreo let her down in her Carmen program.

Def not. Go Sofia! :handw:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I actually think Sofia's choreography demonstrated the range of her interpretation and the maturity in her skating. The other two girls both capitalized on young girls' innocence and/or vulnerability, which the adult judges may appreciate and expect from them. Sofia's first round program fell in that category, but she then skated two programs in quite different styles, which could actually be developed into senior level competitive programs. It's more challenging that she was not even playing the role of Carmen. The three girls are about the same age, but Sofia definitely showed more qualities of a champion.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice

The real competition is at Berestovskaya has no chance against Akatyeva. Confirmed at the Russian championship.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oy vey...
I'm really very confused right now...
1) how come Liza with that thingie on the salchow still gets TWO 6.0s in technical?
2) how come Liza's artistry score is straight up 6.0s? am I really the only one that thought Akatieva had better artistry today? normally Liza's a bit better, but today it looked very forced and like she was told "do this" whereas Akatieva's performance, though it had a couple of mistakes, was much more heartfelt. and straight 6.0s for Zinina? sorry but I don't think so, it wasn't nearly as nuanced and complex, or as heartfelt, as Akatieva's. But of course, Navka's team will win... and CSKA will prevail, in the case of Liza. why that club gets so much power is beyond me... *glares*
3) how come Kostomarov refuses to ever give Sofia more than a 3-3? sure today she made mistakes on her jumps and couldn't add the combos, but before when they were perfect? no, just a usual 3Lz-3T, whereas Navka is doing everything to make sure that the judges know that LIZA HAS ALL THESE TRIPLES!!!! and then again, Navka gave Zinina that 3Lz-1Lo-3S-1Lo-3S and it makes it look like both of them can jump more than Sofia when all are clean, when in reality if they're all clean, Sofia is definitely the best jumper
4) anyone else feel like Liza is going to lose her jumps? the girl is such an insane talent but her jumps are scaring me more and more as I watch them, they just feel so swing-y and out of control, kind of like Gubanova's but worse
5) Liza was kind of done dirty this time around with her programs, I didn't think it made much sense or suited her at all, and that costume was just awful and baggy...

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Liza was kind of done dirty this time around with her programs, I didn't think it made much sense or suited her at all, and that costume was just awful and baggy...

I don't think, that it could be not baggy. It is a special shirt for a mentally sick person. It has long sleeves (actually, the sleeves should be longer), so that the mad person coudn't move, when the sleeves are knotted. I am not sure, that it is a good idea for a child... but I'd say I was as shocked as Tarasova. Tarasova said: "It wasn't funny for me, even thinking of such a theme is scaring." I am not sure, that it is a good idea for a child, but I'm really impressed, even when I watch Liza again.

I'm happy for Maxim Belyavsky. At last he had a good day.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
May 20 (the full show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPfNPKjKRI

They also promise a gala show next week
They promise, that some of numbers should be new. And that we will see some children who had left the project. I don't remember how did they do it before: will they have enough time for everybody, because they won't talk as much as always, or maybe it means, that not all of those who skated today, are going to skate in gala show?..

:) As far as I understand, all the medalists have won some money, but it isn't said how much gets each of them.

Lana05

Final Flight
Fans of Akatieva, pleasw stop! It was her one of the worst performances. She hasn't had a combo and both her jumps were with bad landing.
So if it was a competition IDK completely how it will work with a new system but it looks like she will h=get -5 on a jump for a bad landing and no combo so zero points (where she could earn somwhere 11-13 Idk +2+3 or +4) and -1/-2 on another jump.
Sofia had only ONE clean performance in all show. Before I watched vids from another competitions of her I thought she is popular just because she is from Tutberidze and people expects same progress from her as from Zagitova.

Sofia wasn't that much exiting exept one performance.
Liza was cleaner and deserved her gold
P.S. I am not hating any girl in this show, I liked them all

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I don't think, that it could be not baggy. It is a special shirt for a mentally sick person. It has long sleeves (actually, the sleeves should be longer), so that the mad person coudn't move, when the sleeves are knotted. I am not sure, that it is a good idea for a child... but I'd say I was as shocked as Tarasova. Tarasova said: "It wasn't funny for me, even thinking of such a theme is scaring." I am not sure, that it is a good idea for a child, but I'm really impressed, even when I watch Liza again.

I'm happy for Maxim Belyavsky. At last he had a good day.

Hmm well I didn't know what the program was about. So that makes more sense. But I'm with TAT I think...

lbamda

On the Ice
Oy vey...
2) how come Liza's artistry score is straight up 6.0s? am I really the only one that thought Akatieva had better artistry today? normally Liza's a bit better, but today it looked very forced and like she was told "do this" whereas Akatieva's performance, though it had a couple of mistakes, was much more heartfelt.

Liza has absolutely deservedly won this project. Here the system of estimation 6.0 and artistry score is estimated on old system, but not on the system of components. On the old system Liza it is one head better than Akatyeva. On the system of components Liza and Sofya are close, because of some best skills of Akatyeva. Everything is fair! Liza with a victory!

Manitou

Medalist
I am transfixed by Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov. I will be watching their progress from now on. I am a fan.
I didn’t really liked much the overproduction of Rumak/Goncharov performance, but for the judges it was an advantage, so I am fine with that too. Loved the pairs, loved the show.
I am not a fan of Arseni, for me he runs on cuteness alone, but again - it’s just a show. Happy for Maxim’s great night - I really liked him from day one.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I am transfixed by Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov. I will be watching their progress from now on. I am a fan.
I didn’t really liked much the overproduction of Rumak/Goncharov performance, but for the judges it was an advantage, so I am fine with that too. Loved the pairs, loved the show.
I am not a fan of Arseni, for me he runs on cuteness alone, but again - it’s just a show. Happy for Maxim’s great night - I really liked him from day one.

I was mesmerized by Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov too, but I also very liked Ovsyankina/Orechov (hope I'm wrinting their names correctly). The first had an advantage of the age, more strength allowed them doing more complicated elements, but the other pair did what they could.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I am not a fan of Arseni, for me he runs on cuteness alone, but again - it’s just a show.

Cuteness?.. :) I'm not Arseni's fan either, but he jumps triples - he is 8 years old. And he can save a jump, if it is not very good (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oUm-N6dHA).

I'm happy for Maxim. He was returned to the project, but he wasn't very lucky even after that... It's great, that he had this day! :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I am not a fan of Arseni, for me he runs on cuteness alone, but again - it’s just a show.

"Cuteness alone"? His skating skills are amazing for his age, he has triples at 8. He was 2nd at Russia's basic novice championships, which is a category for 10-11yo skaters.

Manitou

Medalist
I was mesmerized by Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov too, but I also very liked Ovsyankina/Orechov (hope I'm wrinting their names correctly). The first had an advantage of the age, more strength allowed them doing more complicated elements, but the other pair did what they could.

I loved Ovsyankina/Orekhov too after their “Fiddler on the Roof”. Despite a fall it was their best night.
I was later waiting for them to repeat that level of performance , but they were not given an equally good choreo again. I still loved them and I am very happy they made the podium.