Satoko Miyahara | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes, it must be her new EX. I was hoping for SP/LP, but still, she looks adorable. :biggrin: I can't wait for the videos of all the performances.

or maybe she decided to use prop cause its an ice show :biggrin: (sorry i desperately wanted to see one of her programs haha) and there are many versions, both slower and faster , and she said she has completely different style of musics than last year, ahhh cant wait for reports

Plumededragon

Medalist
or maybe she decided to use prop cause its an ice show :biggrin: (sorry i desperately wanted to see one of her programs haha) and there are many versions, both slower and faster , and she said she has completely different style of musics than last year, ahhh cant wait for reports
Yes, perhaps she just did that. :yes: I guess we'll know soon enough when all the reports will be out.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
From icenetwork: In her post-show interview, she revealed that her new short program will be "Fire Dance," choreographed by Tom Dickson, while her free skate will be Liszt's "Un Sospiro," choreographed by Lori Nichol.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahhhhhh so it was EX number after all, that means have to wait longer :cry: but at least it from Buttle so i cant wait to see it!!! :cheer: i loved FP music, will suit her delicate style perfectly :love: about SP music, any possible choices :biggrin:??

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The dress is nice! She looks so mature and beautiful...but I'd like her not to wear chokers. They make her neck look odd.
I really, really want to see this Ex and all her other programs. The off-season seems so loooong. :drama:

mikaboo

Medalist
This is in response to matmuh's request from the Hanyu thread. Sorry for taking time!

I thought Satoko at DOI was very fast and a very "tidy" skater. There's nothing messy or wild about her. Her exhibition program was really cute and she seemed more mature and confident. She's becoming quite an expressive actress. Impressive that she can jump while holding onto an umbrella. I would have preferred to see one of her competitive programs but I think she usually saves those for THE ICE shows so we'll have a wait a little longer for that. I enjoyed it nonetheless and like everyone else here, I like her costume too :)

If you want to know about the audience's response, they loved it. But I can't remember if she received a standing ovation or not.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks a lot mikaboo!! :love: i would have preferred to see her new competetive programs too but i can settle with Jeffrey's choreo too :laugh: she seemed confident from pictures so its great too see audiences felt the same :cheer:

Plumededragon

Medalist
This is in response to matmuh's request from the Hanyu thread. Sorry for taking time!

I thought Satoko at DOI was very fast and a very "tidy" skater. There's nothing messy or wild about her. Her exhibition program was really cute and she seemed more mature and confident. She's becoming quite an expressive actress. Impressive that she can jump while holding onto an umbrella. I would have preferred to see one of her competitive programs but I think she usually saves those for THE ICE shows so we'll have a wait a little longer for that. I enjoyed it nonetheless and like everyone else here, I like her costume too :)

If you want to know about the audience's response, they loved it. But I can't remember if she received a standing ovation or not.
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that, looking foward to seeing the video of it. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
She is SO tidy. Sometimes I want to share her tidiness with other skaters and lend her some of their wildness. A perfect trade.
But her tidiness is part of her appeal. Just as wildness is part of the appeal of other skaters.

mikaboo

Medalist
^I know what you mean and I can see how some people might like to criticize her for her tidiness and her small jumps because there's nothing much else to criticize her for.

I just remembered that she fell on a jump during the opening of the show. That's pretty rare for her but skaters were falling all over the place yesterday so it might have been fatigue catching up on them. The ice looked fine to me, at least no puddles were in sight.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
not that it was unexpected but congratz satoko for SA and NHK :cheer: dont know about winning her events but she can podium at both events (and who knows even qualify for GPF :love: )gonna be hard for me to wath SA with too many of my favourite skaters with Elizabet, So Youn, Mariah and Julia also Evgenia will be there :drama: not to mention Gracie with home advantage :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
finally , satoko's ex! i really enjoyed it, i am loving the confident satoko, i dont know if its because she is growing up or cause of success last year or both, even during interview she looked more confident (before, it was hard to hear her voice :laugh:), i cant wait to see her actual programs :cheer:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
finally , satoko's ex! i really enjoyed it, i am loving the confident satoko, i dont know if its because she is growing up or cause of success last year or both, even during interview she looked more confident (before, it was hard to hear her voice :laugh:), i cant wait to see her actual programs :cheer:
Yes, her ex is delightful!

I think her growing confidence is the result of many things - of course competitive success last year (esp. National's and World's), she is older, and she is getting used to the media...

But it also appeared that she had a couple of teeth removed last year - I guess her braces weren't having the desired effect? The gaps seem to be closing up very quickly now, so perhaps the braces are becoming less uncomfortable? And maybe the cosmetic effects are pleasing for her? She has also been including pantomime in her training, to help with expression.

I'm guessing all of the above could be helping her confidence too...

Hope she makes it to the Grand Prix Final, so I can see her in person for the first time. I think she has an excellent chance...

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes, her ex is delightful!

I think her growing confidence is the result of many things - of course competitive success last year (esp. National's and World's), she is older, and she is getting used to the media...

But it also appeared that she had a couple of teeth removed last year - I guess her braces weren't having the desired effect? The gaps seem to be closing up very quickly now, so perhaps the braces are becoming less uncomfortable? And maybe the cosmetic effects are pleasing for her? She has also been including pantomime in her training, to help with expression.

I'm guessing all of the above could be helping her confidence too...

Hope she makes it to the Grand Prix Final, so I can see her in person for the first time. I think she has an excellent chance...

i agree with everything, though not sure about removal of teeth:laugh: whatever it is, i hope she will continue to do it, and it would be great to see her at GPF! i think she was kinda unlucky not to go last year ; btw i would be really jealous of you :biggrin:

Edit: and its great that she will be at Japan Open with Mao, they didnt have much to compete together, i think it will be great experience for her:cheer:

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice

I really hope she's gaining more confidence. She's so painfully shy, you can see it in the interviews! She has a very tiny voice and she basically says mostly the same things i.e., she'll do her best--which is really just endearing btw-- and how she'll never interject or have any good quip/response that will make everybody laugh. I hope she gets out of her shell and grow more comfortable as one of the elite skaters of Japan, the world.

Possibly ill-timed but, I saw someone on TSL say that Satoko was 'good at sourgraping,' further saying that she's given bitchfaces after getting her results not just during Worlds 2015 but in earlier competitions too--I was wondering where this idea of a snob Satoko came from. ~_~

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I really hope she's gaining more confidence. She's so painfully shy, you can see it in the interviews! She has a very tiny voice and she basically says mostly the same things i.e., she'll do her best--which is really just endearing btw-- and how she'll never interject or have any good quip/response that will make everybody laugh. I hope she gets out of her shell and grow more comfortable as one of the elite skaters of Japan, the world.

Possibly ill-timed but, I saw someone on TSL say that Satoko was 'good at sourgraping,' further saying that she's given bitchfaces after getting her results not just during Worlds 2015 but in earlier competitions too--I was wondering where this idea of a snob Satoko came from. ~_~

they did?? wow.. when she was asked about her reaction and her score (i think it was worlds) she said she couldnt believe her score and was surprised, and about "good at sourgraping" noone was better at it then US girls that time, they almost didnt even look at it and didnt stay at the area and left all together (not that i agree with the idea of 2nd K&C but i think it was rude)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just like I enjoy the outgoing and bold personalities of Radionova and Elizaveta, I also enjoy Satoko's extreme quietness and control.
People should be allowed to have any face they like in the kiss and cry. I only hope Satoko becomes more comfortable around crowds and media because it will help her life since she will need to do this often. Other than that, she can be as shy as she likes and I'll cheer for her. Shoma too.

We've got 2 extremely shy Japanese skaters coming up at the same time.