Seeking blade advice for my 12 year old daughter | Golden Skate

Seeking blade advice for my 12 year old daughter

LoCocoSoph

Spectator
Hello! My daughter (12, approx. 158 cm height, 42 kg) has been skating since she was 6. She jumps all doubles but 2F and 2 Lz inconsistent and 2A under rotated, working on 3S but of course also under rotated, skates in Intermediate Novice.

She currently has RF3pro (her 6th pair) in 240 and has had the Gold Seal blades since August 2021 (before that she had the MK pro which were amazing for her level at the time and before that she had the Galaxy, which she really had a lot of problems with, so we changed to the MK pro quite quickly).

She needs to get new boots (bigger size but sticking with the RF3pro as she is very happy with them) and although we have an amazing fitter in Frankfurt, I am looking for some advice regarding the blades (her current blades won't fit on the next size of boots). Her spins are very good, well centered and fast (L3/4), her steps/turns are also great, speedy and well controlled ... BUT .... she has problems landing certain jumps. The rotation e.g. for 2F and 2LZ is fine but when landing it looks as if she slips away either sideways or backwards.

I'm not sure whether this even has anything to do with the blades and whether we should just stick with the Gold Seal or whether maybe the P99 would be a good choice. At the time when we decided to go with the Gold Seal, we were worried that she would be landing too much on the heal of the blades with the P99 being a bit longer towards the back (I think?! ... but don't quote me on that :)). I don't want her to have trouble adjusting if the P99 is too different. With figure skating it always seems to be one step forward, two steps back in her case. So to cut a long story short, she is actually extremely happy with the Gold Seal ... but I do wonder if there would be a different blade that would fit better with her level of skating.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

eclipse

Rinkside
Hello! My daughter (12, approx. 158 cm height, 42 kg) has been skating since she was 6. She jumps all doubles but 2F and 2 Lz inconsistent and 2A under rotated, working on 3S but of course also under rotated, skates in Intermediate Novice.

She currently has RF3pro (her 6th pair) in 240 and has had the Gold Seal blades since August 2021 (before that she had the MK pro which were amazing for her level at the time and before that she had the Galaxy, which she really had a lot of problems with, so we changed to the MK pro quite quickly).

She needs to get new boots (bigger size but sticking with the RF3pro as she is very happy with them) and although we have an amazing fitter in Frankfurt, I am looking for some advice regarding the blades (her current blades won't fit on the next size of boots). Her spins are very good, well centered and fast (L3/4), her steps/turns are also great, speedy and well controlled ... BUT .... she has problems landing certain jumps. The rotation e.g. for 2F and 2LZ is fine but when landing it looks as if she slips away either sideways or backwards.

I'm not sure whether this even has anything to do with the blades and whether we should just stick with the Gold Seal or whether maybe the P99 would be a good choice. At the time when we decided to go with the Gold Seal, we were worried that she would be landing too much on the heal of the blades with the P99 being a bit longer towards the back (I think?! ... but don't quote me on that :)). I don't want her to have trouble adjusting if the P99 is too different. With figure skating it always seems to be one step forward, two steps back in her case. So to cut a long story short, she is actually extremely happy with the Gold Seal ... but I do wonder if there would be a different blade that would fit better with her level of skating.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!
The gold seals have the longer heel and taller blade, pattern 99's have a shorter heel and shorter blade.

She would have to completely relearn spinning if she swapped to any other blade considering mk pro and gold seals have the same spin rocker (from what I have read) so swapping to pattern 99's which have a much different spin rocker and blade height would be a significant adjustment and more than likely would mean she would have to relearn all her edge jumps all for the slight possibility of landing 2F or 2Lz more consistently.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Gold Seals also have the higher stanchion. I've gone back and forth when I competed b/t Gold Seal, Phantom and then P99's. I've stuck with P99's.

LoCocoSoph

Spectator
The gold seals have the longer heel and taller blade, pattern 99's have a shorter heel and shorter blade.

She would have to completely relearn spinning if she swapped to any other blade considering mk pro and gold seals have the same spin rocker (from what I have read) so swapping to pattern 99's which have a much different spin rocker and blade height would be a significant adjustment and more than likely would mean she would have to relearn all her edge jumps all for the slight possibility of landing 2F or 2Lz more consistently.
Thanks so much for your help! I think we will definitely be sticking with the gold seals!

LoCocoSoph

Spectator
The Gold Seals also have the higher stanchion. I've gone back and forth when I competed b/t Gold Seal, Phantom and then P99's. I've stuck with P99's.
Thanks so much for the information! I think we will definitely be sticking with the gold seals for now :)