Shoma Uno | Page 1152 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lol, I can't believe there's lacinato kale in this flower bouquet, this is definitely an instance of trolling. 🤣
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Is it to show his love of vegetables (tongue in cheek)? Kale isn't my thing, so I don't even know what it looks like (in plant form).

Adding -- Yes, I have seen it in salads.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Here we go! Such a beautiful costume that it prompted some to say :"Justice for White Loco!" Wish he would wear it in a future ice show. That one and purple Shoboe. I also would LOVE to know what he paid for those Shoboe costumes -- 2 of them no less. Since they charge by the bead / sequin, they have to have been rather pricey. I remember someone saying "I could maybe afford one sleeve, if that!" It costs to be the best dressed! Worth every penny in my book.
View attachment 7993
this is so gorgeous. WOW !!!!! At the same time, the other loco version fits better the music... but damn guy !!! WOW !!!!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Is it to show his love of vegetables (tongue in cheek)? Kale isn't my thing, so I don't even know what it looks like.
Yes, it's kale. Kale is a vegetable. A vegetable Shoma probably doesn't like but will gladly give to his little brother anyway. 🤣

Edit: I actually enjoy that type of kale, by the way. It's the other commonly sold type of kale that I don't like as much. It helps if you avoid eating the fibrous stems of the kale. 🙂 I'm actually glad this discussion turned towards the merits of kale. 🙂

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To summarize my opinions about kale:

This kale doesn't taste great. It's called curly kale and it's rather bitter. Shoma probably doesn't like it.

This kale tastes great! It's called lacinato or dinosaur kale. It's nowhere near as bitter as the curly kale! Shoma probably probably doesn't like it either, but I really hope he gives it a chance sometime...

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
More news from the Uno Cafe. A fan, Uzi, went to the cafe and posted photos of the food and an upstairs surprise! Seems there is a lot of Shoma memorabilia in the upstairs loft. Wow. What an incentive to go there!

Thank you uzi for sharing! All photos belong to this poster.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy Mother's Day to Mother Uno. Thank you for believing in your son, for your unwavering support, for turning your life upside down to travel all over the world to his competitions, for accompanying him to Switzerland. For me, this Unowan video was one of the most emotional -- Mother Uno in the yard hugging the moffs shortly after Sho's first Worlds win. I'm sure this felt like the culmination of all her hard work. I'm sure there were tears. :ghug::console:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More news from the Uno Cafe. A fan, Uzi, went to the cafe and posted photos of the food and an upstairs surprise! Seems there is a lot of Shoma memorabilia in the upstairs loft. Wow. What an incentive to go there!

Thank you uzi for sharing! All photos belong to this poster.

Very cool.photos. Thx for posting. I deleted my post of the upstairs. I didn't realize I was duplicating your post. Love the floral arrangement that was sent by Mai and Mao Asada! The upstairs is amazing!!!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we need to have a Dead Banana field trip to the Cafe. Looks like they have a monitor playing Shoma highlights. Manager Itsuki has a great place!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The link I have for Sho's press conference shows it is taking place at 12 am my time. I have to double check that though. When you click on the link, it shows what time it goes live.

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we need to have a Dead Banana field trip to the Cafe. Looks like they have a monitor playing Shoma highlights. Manager Itsuki has a great place!

Yes, a Dead Banana Club field trip should happen! Please come along! Although...going right when it opens would be a little too crowded for my tastes. I really gotta wait a few months at least. 😅

As for the press conference, it showed 10 pm my time...I'll try to do some live translating here or in the retirement thread, although the tears might flow too much for that to happen...🥲

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, a Dead Banana Club field trip should happen! Please come along! Although...going right when it opens would be a little too crowded for my tastes. I really gotta wait a few months at least. 😅

As for the press conference, it showed 10 pm my time...I'll try to do some live translating here or in the retirement thread, although the tears might flow too much for that to happen...🥲
I figured you were already packing your bag! :laugh2: I'm sure it will be a case of WHEN you will go, not IF you go. You'll have to take orders for cafe cups, if they sell them. They'd be crazy to not sell them!

Not quite sure if I'm dreading or looking forward to the press conference. What if he says he's completely done with skating? Waaaaa. No, that won't happen will it????

Figskater23

Final Flight
I’m late again with posting. Personally I’m not upset that Unosan has retired. I had a feeling since the start of last season that it would be his last year competing. I’m so happy for him and excited to see where he goes from here. He has my complete respect and support always. Looking back on his skating career as a senior, I wish I had known about him sooner. I remember watching skating during the time when he first made his senior debut, but unfortunately I don’t remember seeing him skate back then. Even at the 2018 Olympics. It wasn’t until the world championships in 2021 when I started to learn about him. I remember seeing him take the ice for his short program and thinking “Oh, that’s the guy who won the silver medal at the last Olympics.” Around that time I had looked up pictures to see who were the Olympic champions in 2018 before worlds 2021 started so I could catch up on what I missed when I was away. Ever since worlds 2021, I have loved following Shoma’s journey and learning so much about him. He will always be my favorite figure skater. He is the best. He is an amazing person because he is him. I really like everything about him. I really hope one day I can meet him, get a picture with him and talk to him in Japanese for a few minutes. I would be honored to see one of his ice shows. He is going to continue to do amazing things in his life. As they say in Japanese ありがとうございます (thank you) Uno Shomasan. 😊🇯🇵💖