Shoma Uno | Page 225 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does someone (a classical music nerd perhaps) know which version/recording of Four Seasons the Winter Prince is using in his program?

Edit: I take every bad word back I ever said about David Wilson's choreography, after watching This Town like maybe, thirty times. That man is a genius. There is so much subtle brilliance in that exhibition, it's just :eeking:!! Of course it is Shoma's skating that makes it even greater, but I admit I was wrong when I said, "Ew, no" last year!

sorry : music nerd here and i concur... there is no way to know which 4 seasons this is... there's nothing drastically identifiable about it.

ETA : happy 300th page Shoma Fans !!!!:biggrin:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's interesting how there are some parts in the Makuhari choreography that are not there in the Kobe choreography, although that happened later. I just opt to think that Shoma forgot.... or it's just that the camera work is different :) When it all comes together, it will be grand!

Kobe is above
Makuhari beneath:

Comparison step sequence

You can see at the first part he does nothing with his arms, just no movement. I think that's a part they haven't worked on yet.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I guess Brian visited Kobe this time, that's why all got some good idea from him..❓

Brian Orser? I think he was directing the group numbers or something, I doubt he would be involved in individual performances. And even if he were, Shoma is probably the last person he would give ideas to :p

Kanna

On the Ice
Brian Orser? I think he was directing the group numbers or something, I doubt he would be involved in individual performances. And even if he were, Shoma is probably the last person he would give ideas to :p

@MaiKatze ah, that's right. yes. I know Shoma often changes some details bit by bit, even I felt Kobe & Makuhari're not same, then we'll face this kinda change throughout year😀 exciting❗

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loco just kept getting better and better as the year went along. Milva will probably be forever known as The Screaming Woman, but I think that whole program just kept growing on many people! Winter will do the same. My guess is Winter is 50% complete at this point. Can't wait to see what our little magician has in store for us. His intensity is so perfect for a piece like that! FaOI ends on the 18th. I wonder if at that point Stephane will stay in Japan and work with Shomita. I'm sooooo excited to follow how it evolves! The comparisons we have already are very interesting! :clap:

ETA -- For all the people who kept wondering "What is that AWFUL second song Shoma skates to?" - it is a much loved ballad. This version has more than 2 million views on You Tube! :laugh2: https://youtu.be/IrG5ernfF88?t=194

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ETA : happy 300th page Shoma Fans !!!!:biggrin:

Interesting to note:
From 1-7-2014 to 6-26-2016 100 pages
From 6-2-2016 to 6-14-2017 200 more pages!

Looks like the Winter Prince may be getting more and more fans! :hap57:

P.S. 4everchan, we need to remember to consult you every time we have music questions! You are a great resource! :thank: :bow:

Kanna

On the Ice
Loco just kept getting better and better as the year went along. Milva will probably be forever known as The Screaming Woman, but I think that whole program just kept growing on many people! Winter will do the same. My guess is Winter is 50% complete at this point. Can't wait to see what our little magician has in store for us. His intensity is so perfect for a piece like that! FaOI ends on the 18th. I wonder if at that point Stephane will stay in Japan and work with Shomita. I'm sooooo excited to follow how it evolves! The comparisons we have already are very interesting! :clap:

ETA -- For all the people who kept wondering "What is that AWFUL second song Shoma skates to?" - it is a much loved ballad. This version has more than 2 million views on You Tube! :laugh2: https://youtu.be/IrG5ernfF88?t=194

@Arriba627, yup, Stephane has been in Nagoya, Miki&Javi too. His essence & skill surely develop Shomita's performance👍 After that this wknd they'll go Niigata Faoi. Congrats on the 300 pages!

Bel

On the Ice
Does someone (a classical music nerd perhaps) know which version/recording of Four Seasons the Winter Prince is using in his program?

I used SoundHound and it said that it's Four Seasons: Violin concerto in F Minor, RV 297, "L'inverno". III Allegro by Berliner Philharmoniker and the album is Vivaldi: Le quattro stagioni / Albinoni: Adagio / Corelli: Christmas concerto. SoundHound is usually correct with the song but I'm not sure how well it knows different versions.

Hronop

On the Ice
I used SoundHound and it said that it's Four Seasons: Violin concerto in F Minor, RV 297, "L'inverno". III Allegro by Berliner Philharmoniker and the album is Vivaldi: Le quattro stagioni / Albinoni: Adagio / Corelli: Christmas concerto. SoundHound is usually correct with the song but I'm not sure how well it knows different versions.

Shazam says the same, and I checked it manually -- Karajan and the Berliner Philarmoniker it is!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow thank you Bel and Hronop, you classical detectives!

Bows!

yup... wow... and i am a music snob/nerd and i don't know these apps ;) tells you how classical musicians are so behind when it comes to technology ;) it's amazing how the software can recognize the versions..

well karajan : a classic version... good for shoma's team for choosing a great conductor :)