Shoma Uno | Page 630 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

rabidline

Final Flight
Shoma's been confirmed for Stars On Ice in Osaka! The show will be on March 29-31.
https://figureskate-soi.com/skaters.html

Tickets can be ordered here: http://kansai.pia.co.jp/news/art/2019-01/soi2019.html

Shoma's schedule for 2019, so far :biggrin:

04/02 - 10/02 Four Continents (Anaheim, USA)
21/02 - 24/02 Challenge Cup (The Hague, Netherlands)

18/03 - 24/03 World Championships (Saitama, Japan)
29/03 - 31/03 Stars on Ice (Osaka, Japan)

05/04 - 07/04 Stars on Ice (Kanazawa, Japan)

I think that's all... but JSF hasn't announced who will get assigned for World Team Trophy (11/04 - 14/04) in Fukuoka so :popcorn:

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Shoma's been confirmed for Stars On Ice in Osaka! The show will be on March 29-31.
https://figureskate-soi.com/skaters.html

Tickets can be ordered here: http://kansai.pia.co.jp/news/art/2019-01/soi2019.html

Shoma's schedule for 2019, so far :biggrin:

04/02 - 10/02 Four Continents (Anaheim, USA)
21/02 - 24/02 Challenge Cup (The Hague, Netherlands)

18/03 - 24/03 World Championships (Saitama, Japan)
29/03 - 31/03 Stars on Ice (Osaka, Japan)

05/04 - 07/04 Stars on Ice (Kanazawa, Japan)

I think that's all... but JSF hasn't announced who will get assigned for World Team Trophy (11/04 - 14/04) in Fukuoka so :popcorn:

*sigh* This must be Shoma’s revenge on his foot for making him stay off the ice for 2 weeks. At least I guess it means that he’s expecting it to be fully healed soon, I HOPE

rabidline

Final Flight
*sigh* This must be Shoma’s revenge on his foot for making him stay off the ice for 2 weeks. At least I guess it means that he’s expecting it to be fully healed soon, I HOPE

I can imagine Shoma side-eyeing his ankle with his pout and going "You think you can keep me off the ice for so long? Hmmmph."

OniBan

Final Flight
This tweet made me think of you, @OniBan:

https://twitter.com/syuichiNs/status/1085480094649409536?s=09

:laugh::laugh:

Adding- Long time no see Dr. H. Glad to know you're OK.

Hahaha omg that tweet sums it up perfectly:hpull:

I swear I have been trying NOT to think about it, but I'll be lying if I haven't entertained thoughts in which this scenario happens: Me, grabbing Shoma by the shoulders and trying to shake some sense into him and all the while yelling: "Why Shoma WHY!? Did your management signed you into these inhuman schedule? Were you duped into it by promises of new video games and copious plates of niku? Did you unknowingly signed while you were half asleep, the latter of which tend to happen a lot btw?? Did they threatened to delete your online gaming account?? Sweet dear child, do you even know how to say NO???" :laugh:

edit: add another to the list above: Was there a caveat in his contract that says, for failing to meet his monthly quota of vegetables - another competition / ice show would be added to his schedule??

I think I've come to accept that he's perhaps quite eccentric in this reckless, do-or-die-it's-now-or-never manner (like a true Sagittarian!). I don't know how much input from his team/manager plays into the factor or who's at the wheels when it comes to planning his schedule, but what ensues almost always makes rooting for him a truly polarizing yet heady mix of frustration and exhilaration.

p/s Hronop - or should I say, Dr H - I have been a fan of your articles, they are hilarious and always makes for such entertaining read. I think perhaps you can add this to one of the growing list of symptoms for Shomatitis:
1) To experience extreme ends of the emotional spectrum (i.e love&hate, frustration&fuzzywarmadoration) whenever Shoma is mentioned
2) To suddenly burst into lengthy rants about Shoma, often in public spaces and to people who have no idea who or what Shoma is. If not contained, ranter might pass out from lack of oxygen from the sheer amount of words/thoughts/feels that's needed to released from their chest.

Grap74

On the Ice
Don't worry so much, OniBan, he's young and super fit. He can do it! Besides, there's a whole team behind him who care for his well being. To be honest, I would do exactly as him. As MK said, this is his time and he's able to fulfill that schedule.

He's very hard working and that's one of the many things that we like about him, imho.

And the image of Shoma pouting at his ankle...:love:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've been thinking a lot about visiting Den Haag recently...

No, I haven't.

But I am going there anyway...
We should totally try a meetup with all the Shoma fans!
Also, Den Haag is a nice town. Just don’t go to the beach (unless you want to run into the skaters who are staying at a beach hotel). Beach and February here is NOT a good combo, bbrrr

Edit: Amsterdam is only a short hop by train away. Now who can resist *that*? ;-)

OniBan

Final Flight
Don't worry so much, OniBan, he's young and super fit. He can do it! Besides, there's a whole team behind him who care for his well being. To be honest, I would do exactly as him. As MK said, this is his time and he's able to fulfill that schedule.

He's very hard working and that's one of the many things that we like about him, imho.

And the image of Shoma pouting at his ankle...:love:

Don't worry (XD) I'll try not to worry! too much that is. I just need to get things off my chest is all - and in a space that makes sense so I don't make family members (or some random stranger) suffer from the inexplicable stream of rants. Will probably look at Shoma's pouty pictures later to feel better about things :biggrin:

also: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqKgTvBA6w/
Not quite a pout, but that ever so slight smile after Fluffy fixed his collar is so cute

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully we can provide an outlet so that you don't make your family go crazy, Oniban! :laugh: I wouldn't worry too much. Shomajesty is very strong and has said how much he likes to compete. Nothing you do in practice can simulate competing, so it makes sense to train in order to compete - not to train just for the sake of training. I trust his team and the decisions they make, which I'm sure they make with his best interest in mind. I also think as he has gotten older, he is more assertive about his wishes. If he felt he weren't in shape for competing, he would say so. Demi-san is also such a blessing to him and has really helped him.

Bottom line, any time you have an opportunity to see him -- GO! We never how long any of their careers will last.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I recommend the Anne Frank House and the Rijks Museum. It's just slightly out of season for the Keukenhof Gardens (oh those tulips!).

Yeah, not Keukenhof time, alas. I try to visit the Keukenhof once a year, it’s just stunning.

Rijks museum definitely, better than Van Gogh (more variety, lol).

Anne Frank house, should you want to visit, reserve and buy entry tickets ahead of time. Trust me on this one.
Edit: actually, most tickets are sold two months ahead, twenty percent is available on the day itself. So expect to be queuing for a long time if you want to get it. :-(

OniBan

Final Flight
Shoma's hands are totally the ones on the right!! From the rosy+ fair complexion and the awfully familiar 'life line' that goes right across his left hand's palm hehe

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Easy, one of them has a hole in his beautiful hands.
We need a palmistry expert, that straight continuous line on the left is rare, isn’t it?

rabidline

Final Flight
Itsuki made it a bit too easy :biggrin: if the fair complexion and the tiny hole didn't give it away, I'm sure the too-long moe sleeves did. So cute~

Okay, I'm not a professional palm reader but I can't resist looking up the lines on Shoma's palms. I think he has a Simian Line on his left palm, in which the head line and the heart line overlap into a single line: https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/palmistry/simian-lines/

The site said that for men, the simian line symbolizes the ability to create wealth, interesting :biggrin:

OniBan

Final Flight
Easy, one of them has a hole in his beautiful hands.
We need a palmistry expert, that straight continuous line on the left is rare, isn’t it?

Edit: oops, I saw that rabidline already posted the same site I quoted here while I was editing my post, apologies in advance for the redundancy!

I'm no expert, but that's what the internet for, isn't it! So just for fun and curiosity, I found out that the line on Shoma's left hand is indeed very rare, and it's called the Simian line/ Simian Crease. It's when the 'heart line' (the part that dictates matters of the heart) merges together with the 'head line' (the part that dictates wisdom and intelligence). Apparently, in Chinese palmistry, having a Simian Line is bad luck for women, but if you are a man, it is considered a very lucky thing.

Here's some fun things about individuals with Simian Lines (some of these make me chuckle, considering my recent rant about him XDD)

'It’s where the head and the heart line are merged into a single line (sometimes called a Simian Crease). This usually means it’s hard to separate logic and feelings. It’s often associated with being a mystic, visionary, guru, or leader (best case) and a socially awkward outcast or crazy person at worst. There are also claims that it’s associated with down syndrome and monkeys. If you have a simian line, you’re either a genius or insane if you believe what you read on the internet. '

and from Chinese Palmistry site (https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/palmistry/):(also stuff in italics are my own thoughts and comments XD)

'Merits
People with simian line have both intelligence and sensibility. Generally, they are wise, smart, confident, capable, and affectionate, have a good judgment and clear-cut stand on what to love and what to hate. Their positive and decisive character benefits the career development. Also, they are vigorous, active, quick-thinking and responsive. Most of them pay more and don't care about return, thus often get the trust of relatives and friends and the help from others. Being persistent and patient, they are brave enough to fight and can always do something great. If the palm is thick and soft, it will be even better. This kind of palm is commonly seen among famous entrepreneurs, officials and art celebrities.' (p/s Shoma's hands are thick and soft - whew!)

Shortcomings
They are short-tempered, impulsive (during comps hoo boy YES), extreme, stubborn, illiberal and self-centered. People with simian line in both palms are so upright and outspoken that they argue a point to death and never stop until accomplish the goal. However, they tend to suffer from the character and many of them get into big troubles and disasters because of this, such as lawsuit and calamity of imprisonment. If you have a simian line and your palm is dry and bony, you will be more prone to the above. However, the adverse impact will be reduced if you can adjust yourself and avoid being too paranoid.

CAREER
Men with a simian line are loyal, honest, capable and highly responsible and would rather deal with the difficulties on their own than have others intervene in their thinking and judgment. Even if they have to hand over some insignificant tasks to someone else, they will be deeply concerned and try to do personally. For them, there are rules to follow in career and they squeeze out the dishonest practices. The simian line is commonly seen among those who are highly loyal and dedicated to work and make great achievements. Women with a simian line are career oriented and never inferior to men in work.

MEN WITH SIMIAN LINE

According to a folk saying in China, the simian line in the left palm of men is a symbol of commander's seal and general, the one in the right palm suggests the treasury and outstanding businessman and the simian lines in both palms indicate the certain achievements if the right way is taken on. Men with a simian line are determined, stubborn, competent and powerful, and most of leaders have the line. Also, they are affectionate, especially to love and the opposite sex, and will do the best to win the favor of the other.'

I try to keep in mind that this is just for fun (like reading astrology predictions) and is in no way indicative of who Shoma truly is or will be. But it is interesting to read and see some of the traits already present (like his loyalty, stubborness, honesty and bravery).

OniBan

Final Flight
also another interesting one from this site (https://jefffinley.org/simian-line-palmistry/):

Simian Line: Head & Heart

The simian line occurs when the individual's logic and emotions are very closely linked. They can seem very passionate, and are often led by their heart - taking jobs they really enjoy above the ones that pay more. They find it difficult to tell lies, even white ones- and won't give up a fight just for an easy life.

rabidline

Final Flight
Hahahahah you got way deeper into it than I did OniBan! I especially love these ones about Simian lines that you found:

Men with a simian line are loyal, honest, capable and highly responsible and would rather deal with the difficulties on their own than have others intervene in their thinking and judgment.... The simian line is commonly seen among those who are highly loyal and dedicated to work and make great achievements.

The above one is about career, and it's quite familiar isn't it :laugh: Highly loyal is definitely one way to describe Shoma.

The simian line occurs when the individual's logic and emotions are very closely linked.... They find it difficult to tell lies, even white ones- and won't give up a fight just for an easy life.

Also interesting, and the difficulty in telling lies reminds me of the way Shoma would answer questions about his conditions- he seems to try his best to avoid giving answers that are reassuring but might not be his actual condition, but he doesn't tell the actual answer either because it may be interpreted as something other than being simply honest about it. Not that it doesn't worry his fans... but he tries his best.

OniBan

Final Flight
Also interesting, and the difficulty in telling lies reminds me of the way Shoma would answer questions about his conditions- he seems to try his best to avoid giving answers that are reassuring but might not be his actual condition, but he doesn't tell the actual answer either because it may be interpreted as something other than being simply honest about it. Not that it doesn't worry his fans... but he tries his best.

Yes this is so true! He doesn't want to make an excuse out of it (or let it be attributed to why he doesn't do well in comps), and at the same time, he'd acknowledge that there's something wrong but doesn't want people worrying over it as well- like it is his problem to fix, and no one else's.

(uuu when i think about this aspect of him, I can't help but think how much he's grown up XDDD)

OniBan

Final Flight
and speaking of his honesty, there's this bit in this photoshoot video that I find interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHj10w-ewY&feature=youtu.be

around 1:10-1:13, you can see Shoma saying that he hated being told that he is kakkoi (the camera man had told him that he is kakkoi beforehand XDD). To which someone off-screen asked, what can I say to praise you? And he answered emphatically: Nothing!
(and then there is that awkward scramble to his feet, which is omg cute >.<)

He's usually gracious when it comes to his colleagues or seniors saying good things about his skating, or stuff that he actually made an effort at... though I can see him as a person who shies away when the praises are deemed superficial (i.e about his looks etc) or when it goes overboard.
Somehow that is super relatable because in my culture, praises are not easily given out as it can make a person too full of themselves. Similarly a person can be misled by too many praises, hence someone who praises excessively is generally someone to be wary of (as they may have ulterior motives XD).

tl:dr He's gorgeous, but doesn't think anything of it and in fact hates it if you point it out :p

rabidline

Final Flight
He doesn't want to make an excuse out of it (or let it be attributed to why he doesn't do well in comps), and at the same time, he'd acknowledge that there's something wrong but doesn't want people worrying over it as well- like it is his problem to fix, and no one else's.

(uuu when i think about this aspect of him, I can't help but think how much he's grown up XDDD)

Shoma's been really mature since he was pretty young, but he's still growing :laugh:

Sometimes I can't help thinking if he continues to grow, he'll be a grandpa soon hahahah. I do sense a bit of an old soul inside him, in contrast to his eternal baby face. Even when he's facing the hurdles that challenged him the most, be it not having the best day for jumps or building confidence to believe in himself, he continues to conduct himself very professionally.

He's usually gracious when it comes to his colleagues or seniors saying good things about his skating, or stuff that he actually made an effort at... though I can see him as a person who shies away when the praises are deemed superficial (i.e about his looks etc) or when it goes overboard.
Somehow that is super relatable because in my culture, praises are not easily given out as it can make a person too full of themselves. Similarly a person can be misled by too many praises, hence someone who praises excessively is generally someone to be wary of (as they may have ulterior motives XD).

Awwwww that video is still gold, soft moe sleeves Shoma (with extra oversized hoodie) is too adorable~

Shoma's pretty shy about his looks (which makes it more hilarious when Yamada-sensei was asked what is Shoma's best quality when he was younger and she was like: HE'S HANDSOME!!!!) and I think he's uncomfortable with excessive praise, the lowkey person that he is. Doesn't make his smile when fans were yelling "KAKKOIII!" during Galas less cuter though. I think we got two moments so far, with the 4CC This Town and GPF TAT, here's to many more!

tl:dr He's gorgeous, but doesn't think anything of it and in fact hates it if you point it out :p

Yep, and if anything, him not really thinking anything about his looks makes him even more attractive (at least to me) :luv17: