Shoma Uno | Page 776 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
This interview was an absolute joy to read/listen to! Stephane seems so excited about their future plans, I can't wait to see all the new programs they are going to create together ❤️❤️❤️ And the comment about Shoma's baby face, oh my god :D :D Now I'll go read it 15 more times

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolute Skating's post of a fan meeting with Stephane. I love his gentle spirit!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQmeJwP1_Y&feature=youtu.be

Very interesting that around 17:00 they ask Steph if he and his students are going anywhere (to competitions) between Euros and Worlds. He very "cagily" says yes but won't give any details. Someone says something like "So you can't tell us so we can buy our tickets?" Hmmmmm. Sounds promising! Dare we hope for a Senior B?

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Very interesting that around 17:00 they ask Steph if he and his students are going anywhere (to competitions) between Euros and Worlds. He very "cagily" says yes but won't give any details. Someone says something like "So you can't tell us so we can buy our tickets?" Hmmmmm. Sounds promising! Dare we hope for a Senior B?

I noticed this too! I guess we just have to wait and see for now, but I did get my hopes up a bit ;) Another interesting part is from around 12:05 onwards where Stéph talks about the interaction between him and Shoma - how they don't need many words because they've learned to understand each other's body language, and when they do use words they are very impactful.

I could listen to Stéphane for hours, he truly has this gentle spirit as you said Arriba!

icetug

Medalist
Hmmmmm. Sounds promising! Dare we hope for a Senior B?

Last year Koshiro went to Bavarian Open (where he won). Satoko also was there (and won obviously) and other member(s?) of Japanese team took part in the competition (and travelled to Champery afterwords :)). Matilda on the other hand went to the Nordics. I remember also Deniss winning at Cup of Tyrol (but it was first moved to autumn and then cancelled). So if Shoma wants to check his improved programs, I'd say Bavarian Open would be the best place.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah ha! There's also the Tallin Cup in Estonia and the Challenge Cup at the Hague in February. Please skating gods, please.

:bow: :pray: :dance2: :bow: :pray: :dance2: :bow: :pray: :dance2:

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
You're a true lifesaver, taro :sad4: :love: I'm so so so grateful for these translations, they must have taken a lot of time and effort to make! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
It is heartbreaking to hear how much Shoma has suffered mentally during the recent seasons. But in the same time, I'm so happy now that he feels like he's in a good place with his skating, and he truly seems to trust and respect Stéphane so much. Who would have thought that the disaster of IDF would bring so much good.

Yuzuru's "wall" comment and Shoma's reaction to it is absolutely hilarious, I watched that video so many times :laugh2: The interaction between those two is always such a joy to witness.

rabidline

Final Flight
taro, you will get these responses a lot from me but thank you as always for sharing your translation work with us. I did notice that there were no full transcript/video on the press conference so thank you so much for putting all the Shoma quotes from many different articles in one post.

2019 has been such a roller coaster year of Shoma but as a fan, I have really enjoyed watching him grow more into himself. From his own words, I feel like he view this Nationals as a culmination point of what he has experienced since the Olympics season, and I, too, am extremely grateful that he rediscovered his reason and strength for skating that makes him decide not to give it up. The part where he said he was losing his sense of self as a skater because he was holding so much within himself is both heartbreaking and yet, somewhat relatable? To be able to reconcile with those feelings and try to move forward, even when it meant falling so low at IDF... I rewatched his Nationals performances and he just exudes this joy and freedom, and it's really a part of what makes him so special to me. And reading these quotes made me understand that it's been a long, hard road to get to that point for him. I'm so grateful that he's able to express and share it with his own words.

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think they had to move to another practice facility because of the Youth Olympic Games are in his training base, Lausanne.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx taro for putting that translation together into something cohesive that made sense. It seemed that we heard little bits and pieces of things, and it was rather confusing. Nice to feel the overall positive vibe, and I'm so happy he recognized Yuma in his comments.

Yes 16Olympics, they have been in Austria because their rink has been used for curling.

Adding -- speaking of translations has anyone seen a translation for this yet? It's supposed to be a Q & A with Sho, I think.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7NktXGJeU5/

SuYue Chng

Rinkside
Thanks for your hard work, taro.
Wish I could've given you more than 1 thumb up, cuz you deserve it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rabidline

Final Flight
Ok, so we're all jealous! Who is this lucky lady?! Love the comment "Shoma was a delight!"

https://twitter.com/kakera_06/status/1216859926410096641?s=19

Awww, I'm also so jealous :laugh: I think she's one of the adult skaters competing in Innsbruck this week for the masters competition! I hope a hug with Shoma brings her luck.

Some more Shosightings around the Innsbruck area and at Ice Telfs rink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Rnv4Dp8Im/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7R4azJJXa3/ --> nice caption! :luv17:

It seems Stephane and Deniss have rejoined Team Champery after their ice show last weekend :agree: