Shoma Uno | Page 787 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow, they were streaming it, and I got to see Shoma’s superb free skate! And those nice people loading him with flowers on the way to K&C! Yay! I am so happy it came up when I turned YouTube on in the gym... now I am starting to have :hap93: dreams for Montreal. :pray:

rabidline

Final Flight
Absolutely beautiful skating, I'm still speechless. Congratulations to Shoma and the podium, and of course to DBC Members attending, you're all so lucky!!!

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
It's great to see Shoma so confident and relaxed...
This is a completely different skater to the one we saw during the first half of the season.

He seems really happy with Stephane. I guess focusing on enjoying his skates instead of his results is the right mindset.

Congrats for the beautiful programs and the win :cheer:

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
I'm speechless!! Simply amazing, Shoma did so well! :sad4: :hap93: Thank you Stéph and thank you Sho ❤️❤️ I'm so happy for both of them! I'll have to rewatch that 43287 times now :laugh:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I didn't think I could love DOMO from JNats more than anything but today's program is just so much more than amazing. Yay!

CuhyShoma

Rinkside
That FS was sensational, everything flowed very well, smooth, ethereal and magical. Perfect! I love you Shoma

dramasocks

On the Ice
Congrats Shoma!! That was a beautiful skate! All the little touches they’ve added to the program just continue take my breath away, I can’t wait to watch it again.

Glad for all the people who got to watch that live, and hope you’re all enjoying yourselves!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Actually I hated DOMO at the beginning of the season - I though the program was too bland for him, and hated even worse as the song became a theme tune of his tragic image at IdF. What a magical touch or two of Stephane's can do to a program, or rather, the entire performance. I couldn't love it more at the Nationals, but well, I was wrong, I loved it even more today. It was witnessing of a reborn Shoma. How lovely to see him smiling as he skated, and it was evident that he learned a bit of Stephanesque touch in his spin, and little gestures he threw in. This is, perhaps a testimony of the saying "things happen for a reason". When you look back at the incredible journey he went through this past year.
I dare say greater things still await him on the horizon, and he seems ready for it. :love::agree:

BTW I thought the guy who came down with a green object wrapped in plastic was going to give him a real head of lettuce :laugh2:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Actually I hated DOMO at the beginning of the season - I though the program was too bland for him, and hated even worse as the song became a theme tune of his tragic image at IdF. What a magical touch or two of Stephane's can do to a program, or rather, the entire performance. I couldn't love it more at the Nationals, but well, I was wrong, I loved it even more today. It was witnessing of a reborn Shoma. How lovely to see him smiling as he skated, and it was evident that he learned a bit of Stephanesque touch in his spin, and little gestures he threw in. This is, perhaps a testimony of the saying "things happen for a reason". When you look back at the incredible journey he went through this past year.
I dare say greater things still await him on the horizon, and he seems ready for it. :love::agree:

BTW I thought the guy who came down with a green object wrapped in plastic was going to give him a real head of lettuce :laugh2:

I loved the program at JNats but agree it was a little bland. Strong strokes in between elements that now seem filled with content. He was loose and his arms were more fluid. Put JNats short together with another one of these free programs at World's and we'll all be smiling. After the cantilever the choreo section with the stag leap into twizzles is def a Stephane touch.

SuYue Chng

Rinkside
Congrats on the win, Shoma, :medal"

DOMO has become so sublime and beautiful. All the little additions and touch ups have brought it to new heights.
Now I’m only sad we can only see it one more time at Worlds. :sad21:
Please bring it back as an exhibition programme, Shoma! :pray: