Shoma Uno | Page 793 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Don't think I've seen this before. I love listening even when I don't understand! Taro to the rescue -- can you translate? :laugh: I see someone wrote on Twitter that this was from FS TV. Seems that there was a tv crew in Shompery.

https://twitter.com/nwcgold2020/status/1235940402416381952?s=19

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9Z9ko0pRMj/?igshid=1b78kqkzepjsp

Thanks for translation, feimeicheng.
Shoma is very kakkoii.:luv17:
Love to see Shoma and Stéphane.:love:
I’m not sure it’s in Shompery or in Haag.
He also said about Stéphane.
Stéphane encourages me to challenge in practice.
That is very good for me.
I’m grateful not only to Stéphane but team Stéphane for me to enjoy my skate again.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
He really looks like he's having the time of his life! :luv17: I'm pretty sure that clip from Champéry was filmed the same time as the videos of Shoma training with Stéph we got prior to JNats, like this one. They're just keeping some of their footage from us, how mean! :laugh:

Iceroller

Rinkside
Finally coming off ghost mode to say how happy I am that Shoma ended up at Champery after everything he went through in the first part of the season. It seems like Stéphane is exactly what he needs at this moment and Shoma has found a good balance to be able to enjoy his skating again and to be competitive at the same time.

No matter what the end result is, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing Shoma smile his way through the world championships!

16Olympics

On the Ice
Yes, thanks, Taro! 8 more days (maybe less if there's a travel sighting) until practices start. :agree:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Waaaa - why am I getting nervous just reading these translations?! :console: :pray: :sad4: Hopefully Sho is on his way to Canada -- if not already, then really soon. First practice is a week from tomorrow. Please Mr. Tree, post something. Also curious if mom and Tree will go with him. :dance2:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I hope they are leaving soon to Canada and have a place to practice until the 16th. Aliev left after Europeans and is at a rink in upstate NY.

Prayers and good wishes to everyone traveling to Montreal.

rabidline

Final Flight
Thank you so much taro for sharing your translations, as always! Hope life is well for you :luv17:

It's always good to read Shoma's thoughts after competitions, and I like this part a lot:

-Did performing well here give you a good feeling about Worlds?

Hmmm, I'm not sure if giving a good performance translates into getting to have a good feeling because of that.
But if I were to talk about the confidence I gained here, the truth is I couldn't land the (quad) salchow in games for a long time,
so the fact that I did it at the competition definitely means a lot.
And also adding the salchow didn't blow everything out of the water, that's another thing.
The other thing was that I was able to enjoy the competition, the challenge I set myself here.
So those were the things I would say...
Well, I didn't really get nervous this time whereas I could be at Worlds.
So I'd say, at Worlds, I try my best to enjoy even the nervousness I'd possibly feel there,
because, if I get nervous, it means that I truly see it as something really special.
So I want to not only enjoy but appreciate every single moment there to make it worthwhile.

So no worries Arriba ;) Like Shoma said, if we get nervous for Worlds, that means we truly see it as something special.

Hopefully Shoma will be able to super super super super enjoy Worlds in a great way. It's going to be here soon... also hoping all the details like travel will get sorted out soon with the developments of COVID-19 situation around the globe. Wishing good health to Shoma and all DBC members!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am on a roller coaster ride of emotions all week. I am afraid they cancel WC, and the JWC was so amazing for my favorites... some of whom I didn’t know were my favorites at the time when I was chosing between going to Tallinn and going to Montreal.

But then I remember how Uno skated at the Dutch Cup, and I keep telling myself, it’s worth all the angst.