Shoma Uno | Page 801 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
I--- I just collected myself from the floor after seeing this video.... It's just... perfect in every way...... I really can't form proper sentences right now but Shoma's squeaky voice and constant smile and starfishes and Stéph's warm guidance and Shoma&Koshiro's high five will keep me alive for rest of the year

rabidline

Final Flight
When it rains it pours! XD

I'm just sitting here with the biggest smile on my face. Shoma looking happy, free and full of spirit in that Fuji TV video, surrounded by so much support and kindness. The ease of him and Stephane working together... him joking with Koshiro on the ice... I agree with Shoma, it looked like he's been training in Champery for years. It's so natural!

Also loving this short footage of Grespi StSq, no sound but Shoma's energy is so mesmerizing:
https://twitter.com/orangesucculent/status/1249267705774915584

And of course the Shoma and Strawberry Shortcake photos.... the multitalented Itsuki is truly spoiling us isn't he? Happy Birthday to Mama Uno! Wishing her and her family all the best <3

Bel

On the Ice
Thank you to that sweet soul who translated the whole thing :thank:. It's so great to read what he was actually saying. This is better what I ever imagined. He really has found his place in Champery. He has a coach who pushes him and makes him feel good even on bad days. He has friends there. The first time I watched the video I just made happy sounds because it was so good :love::laugh: Stephane's gentle pat on the shoulder. Everybody should totally have a Stephane in their life. And I can understand why Shoma does what he asks even though he would make crazy requests like skating a FS run-through at 8 am...:laugh:

I love Rook! Of course I voted for him :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I knew this was going to be a great day -- Easter (Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates!), lots of Sho content, and Mama Uno's b'day. Such an uplifting day!

Each time I think I can't love this guy any more, a video like this comes out. Just seeing the expressions on his face, his body language, his interaction with Stephane -- he is where he belongs! And I'm STILL trying to figure out, how can he be blessed twice with just the right situations. Team Yamada believing in him and raising and loving him like a son, and now Team Shompery helping him to grow and become all that he can be. So he's had two coaches and two great situations. How does that happen?! Some skaters go through coaches like Sho goes through NIVLACs. I guess we could say it's a blessing, it's luck, it's being in the right place at the right time (Stephane being at Japan Open and Idf to see Sho struggling without a coach). But Shoma creates his own luck. At this stage of the game, with all his experience and all his medals, I still see someone who is coachable, humble, a team player, hard-working, flexible, appreciative, respectful, pleasant demeanor -- and that's just for starters!

I truly thought he would end up in California, but I'm so glad he is in Switzerland instead. So not only is he in a good place mentally, he is in a good physical environment. It's quiet, it's safe, he can walk places, seems that a car isn't necessary, (hopefully!) has good WiFi. It seems that in every video we see, Stephane is on the ice with him, working to correct body positions and offer hints, pushing him to believe in himself. Stephane's gentle way of pushing him to be the best that he can be really suits his personality.

Things seem so uncertain right now for next season, but I hope that Shoma and Stephane can continue their great work together. The sky is the limit -- or maybe as someone else said "I see no limits".

16Olympics

On the Ice
Happy Easter Monday. Hope everyone who celebrates had a great Easter.

There's mooooooooore....... Another video from FujiTV.
https://yadi.sk/i/gclBcrgPVbXKcw

Thanks to Koshiroism enabler for providing non videoblock link. Lots of new info about IdF, living in Champery and new practice video.

Stephane is interviewed in this one speaking in French.

Let the gifs begin.:luv17:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Thanks Arriba. And to all who help with translations.

In the beginning of the video while Shoma is walking from his apartment and also in the portion where he's seated, I noticed how grown up he sounds and looks compared to how he may have been viewed in the past: shy, always laughing, perhaps not serious. I know he is dead serious about his skating but his demeanor has changed. He's turned the corner, IMO. Even in the sections where he's training, he is serious but fun loving. Just my two cents.

rabidline

Final Flight
Thanks Arriba. And to all who help with translations.

In the beginning of the video while Shoma is walking from his apartment and also in the portion where he's seated, I noticed how grown up he sounds and looks compared to how he may have been viewed in the past: shy, always laughing, perhaps not serious. I know he is dead serious about his skating but his demeanor has changed. He's turned the corner, IMO. Even in the sections where he's training, he is serious but fun loving. Just my two cents.

This is IMO only, of course, but Shoma has always been quite mature and realistic (also self-deprecating) whenever it comes to his skating since he was young, especially when I dig up the translations of his old interviews. As he gets older he gets more articulate but the unique, honest way he expresses his thoughts on skating is something that's noticeable. I think it's easy to think of him as a hilarious airhead or a cute shy baby boy because of the way he is sometimes presented in the media, and of course he did deliver some exceptional Shoma-esque zingers and quotes throughout his career which I do love as well. But I think his interviews and quotes (or at least, the translations) reflects that he does think deeply about his skating and career, as well as everything around it.

What's really visible to me from the new Fuji TV videos is how confident he is of where he's at and what he wants to do right now. It feels like it shows that he really has fully embraced and accepted himself as he is (#throwback to his post-Nats blog post) and the skating life that he wants, especially linking it to the translation of the newest video.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kazuki did a live Instagram and made some nice comments about Shoma: "He's a real hard worker and I admire everything about him. His words are always very powerful. I really respect him." As always, thank you to the kind translator.

rabidline

Final Flight
Kazuki did a live Instagram and made some nice comments about Shoma: "He's a real hard worker and I admire everything about him. His words are always very powerful. I really respect him." As always, thank you to the kind translator.

Yes, thank you for @arisuonice on Twitter for sharing their translations :luv17:
Here's the one she did for Kazuki's comment on Shoma (and Koshiro), shared by @choromatsu333 on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/choromatsu333/status/1249340763961544704

dramasocks

On the Ice
All these interviews and translations have made my day several times!

I’m really glad that he’s coming into a place of self-acceptance where he can enjoy his skating, and that it sounds like he’s in a physical environment and with people who want that for him too. I especially love the footage of him interacting with Koshiro. And learning more about Stephane’s gentle (but still stimulating!) coaching methods are a nice insight as well.

The sky is the limit for them!

(Hope everyone is safe and well!)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma's comments on JPN Nationals from the new video. (Part 3 )
https://twitter.com/AmaeHonne/status/1250041674253971456?s=19

I can't tell if this is Cashew or not, but I realized what video we need. "Life in Shompery through the eyes of Cashew." Wouldn't that be fun? ! Or something like "A day in the life of Cashew".
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-9UPcFpmbT/

More Sho comments. Thank you feimeicheng.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-9HVeJJEK6/

Oh no jerrymouse, your video is blocked for me. Waaaa.

There's been so much content, it's been hard to keep it all straight. Here are the three videos. Part 3 posted today. JPN Nationals translation above.
https://twitter.com/choromatsu333/status/1249981759338549248?s=19