Should I test normal ice dance or adult track? | Golden Skate

Should I test normal ice dance or adult track?

Arwen17

Final Flight
So I’ve finally started working on the dance pattern tests because I’m waiting for a foot injury (unrelated to skating) to heal. The injury makes working on Novice MIF right now extremely difficult. The first dance tests are so simple it’s not aggravating the injury at all.

But I’m now wondering what track I should do when I start testing these dances. Standard or adult track?

I do the adult track for MIF because it’s really hard. MIF was always hard to me from the start in my pre-bronze MIF days, since I had just started skating back then. But since I’ve been skating for six years now and am working on Novice MIF, these earlier dance tests are going to feel really easy and I can’t tell if I should do standard or adult track. How hard does it get in the later levels? What’s the failure rate like? Does any ice dance test level have a failure rate as bad as Novice MIF and Junior MIF?

I don’t plan to do anything with ice dance and I’m doing the solo track. It’s just for fun. But it feels silly to do the adult track unless the gold level tests are really hard? Similar to Novice/Junior MIF tests?

Please let’s compare failure rates on these tests. Don’t just say you think they’re hard.

mskater93

Record Breaker
You can start on std track for dance and move to the adult track without needing to restart. The reciprocity does not go the other way (adult --> std track). Dance starts to get a little difficult at the Bronze PD level and the Pre-Silver level tends to have retries on the Foxtrot (for timing and/or foot placement and Euro Waltz has a LOT of nitpickiness, especially on wide stepping. I know of someone who recently got comments on their retry that started with "As a dancer at this level...." on the European

Arwen17

Final Flight
You can start on std track for dance and move to the adult track without needing to restart. The reciprocity does not go the other way (adult --> std track). Dance starts to get a little difficult at the Bronze PD level and the Pre-Silver level tends to have retries on the Foxtrot (for timing and/or foot placement and Euro Waltz has a LOT of nitpickiness, especially on wide stepping. I know of someone who recently got comments on their retry that started with "As a dancer at this level...." on the European

Thank you!

Would be awesome to have the failure rates for dance. I know that gets published somewhere I think…. The MIF failure rates get published somewhere for sure. Novice and Junior MIF are 50% failure.