Shun Sato | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shun Sato

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Hi guys!
Any news on Shun's injury?
Just updated~

It was originally reported yesterday that after yesterdays practice imaging was done on Shun's left arm and injury was minor.
However, statement made by JSF official reported just minutes ago says diagnosis was a dislocated shoulder.
Shun is still experiencing pain but he still plans on competing

During today's (SkAm day 2) OP Shun hardly jumped and just marked his jumps during his SP runthru
He definitely still looked uncomfortable and eventually left practice early

I am so worried about him...😓

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Two falls in his OP and they looked painful. :cry:
I hope everything will go well in the Free and he can heal fast. His next stop is IdF in 4 weeks.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any word on Shun's condition? I was getting ready to do my IdF predictions and was thinking he should come out high in the standings, if his condition is good. I was at Sk Amer, and it was clear that he couldn't skate his best because his shoulder injury was so painful. Hoping for the best for him.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Any word on Shun's condition? I was getting ready to do my IdF predictions and was thinking he should come out high in the standings, if his condition is good. I was at Sk Amer, and it was clear that he couldn't skate his best because his shoulder injury was so painful. Hoping for the best for him.
Nothing. We'll have to wait until practice to see I think, but considering his injury was looking better even the next day after he got it, I'm hoping he's healed

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Shun seems to be still resenting his Skate America injury. It's such a pity that he couldn't see a doctor during quarantine.
I hope he feels better for the Free.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I think it is now an undeniable fact : Shun Sato is one of the great skaters.
He skated in spite of his shoulder injury probably not healed yet and he had a breathtaking Free Skate.
He is unlikely to go to GPF but he should. Congrats!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
IMG_5574_edit.jpg

Source: https://figureskatersonline.com/news/2021/11/20/photos-2021-internationaux-de-france/

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I got tired to check for an actualisation on the question of Junior Worlds postponement, so I read the communication: it is unlikely that a new date (and potentially place) will be announced before 24th.
Furthermore, I'm afraid that this online council might focus more on a "hot" subject than on Junior Worlds.
I still hope they will find an acceptable candidate. Shun must be champing at the bit, this year is not going well.

readernick

Medalist
I got tired to check for an actualisation on the question of Junior Worlds postponement, so I read the communication: it is unlikely that a new date (and potentially place) will be announced before 24th.
Furthermore, I'm afraid that this online council might focus more on a "hot" subject than on Junior Worlds.
I still hope they will find an acceptable candidate. Shun must be champing at the bit, this year is not going well.
OTOH, it gives Shun some time to heal. He has so much untapped potential, but if he keeps reinjuring his shoulder, he's going to fall in a way that will lead to more serious injuries. Hopefully, junior worlds will be rescheduled to May and Shun will be ready to shine!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
OTOH, it gives Shun some time to heal. He has so much untapped potential, but if he keeps reinjuring his shoulder, he's going to fall in a way that will lead to more serious injuries. Hopefully, junior worlds will be rescheduled to May and Shun will be ready to shine!
You're right! In fact what I fear is a cancellation, not a two-month postponement.
So if a city is a candidate host in April or May I will be happy.