Skate Detroit 2018 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit 2018

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Skate Detroit will be held from July 17 - July 21, 2018 at the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills Michigan.

Here is a link for the tentative event schedule and list of competitors: https://dscclub.com/figure-skating/skate-detroit/

The Detroit Skating Club will also be hosting the Novice and lower levels of competitions for the 2019 U. S. Nationals.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
A couple of the kids from my club are competing here! Excited to hear back on results for this comp.

Exciting that they are hosting some events for Nationals. Michigan clubs know how to put on skating events. :cool:

macy

Record Breaker
A couple of the kids from my club are competing here! Excited to hear back on results for this comp.

Exciting that they are hosting some events for Nationals. Michigan clubs know how to put on skating events. :cool:

we sure do :agree:

gpfsilver

Spectator
did anybody else watch the junior mens event? iliya kovler landed a 3a today! every one in the stands went insane :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man...I was expecting to come back home after a short two day travel adventure and read thru a long thread on this event. Last year or the year before that we all got really into it :laugh:

I’d love to read any recaps or updates from anyone who is there or has been streaming it ;)

netterina

Rinkside
Sarah Rasher from The Finer Sports did live tweeting/quick impressions for most of the competition @pas_deChat if you scroll back before the Lake Placid updates.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I didn't really take notice of Nguyen/Kolesnik before but a pleasant surprise for me with their great musicality, expression, and a beautiful rotational lift where she seems to be floating at 2:14. An audience member kindly posted their FD (along with C/P's): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXApf-kOEY8