Skaters programs next season (your opinion) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skaters programs next season (your opinion)

karakaka

Rinkside
Piano only or bust. The strings let you cheat exactly what makes it so damn hard.

(Lovely program, though.)

Oh gotcha. I played the 1st gymnopedie in a piano recital when I was a kid, and I remember hating it -- it was just sooo slow! Now I have no idea what I was thinking haha.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I wonder if Anna Shcherbakova will go with a free program choreographed with backloading or a quad in mind. And what style it will be in. I believe that she could perform a slightly more involved style as well so that might be interesting to see them giving a try. But this is a make or break season for her so they probably will need to play to her strengths.

I also am eager to see Zagitova's FS. I hope it takes advantage of everything she has to offer. The DQ FS really doesn't give her a great vehicle, as effective as it is.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Oh gotcha. I played the 1st gymnopedie in a piano recital when I was a kid, and I remember hating it -- it was just sooo slow! Now I have no idea what I was thinking haha.

I had the same reaction when my mother put on Satie for the first time. Then I came around as a teenager and she wondered why I was into ambient. [emoji23]

lappo I like, but that feels more like a Zagitova-Medvedeva exhibition skate than a Medvedeva solo. Personally, I’d love to see her go full force (the translation is fluid, though it loses the wordplay of the chorus):
https://youtu.be/dSg8chUtHOU

MIM

Medalist
I wish Yuko and Sasha skated to Poet and Peasant by Franz von Suppe(https://youtu.be/Y3zuLNlO6hQ)
They no longer compete, so I can hand it to T/M. The music needs to be skated. I think TM will do justice to this piece.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I've been waiting to see another well-executed mid-program costume change since Sandy. Perhaps next season we get a superman or Cinderella from rags to gown complete with glass skates...

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
It's been mentioned previously by SarahSynchro and myself, that Kaetlyn should skate to music from, 'Come from Away'. The musical is based on real events in a Newfoundland community (after 911) and sends a strong message of compassion for others and hope.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
It's been mentioned previously by SarahSynchro and myself, that Kaetlyn should skate to music from, 'Come from Away'. The musical is based on real events in a Newfoundland community (after 911) and sends a strong message of compassion for others and hope.

If she can repeat this program in 2020 home worlds, it could be even better.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Yessssssss. This x10000!

In general, I’d love to see electro swing as a required short dance rhythm/genre. :love:

If I hear any Latin music in ice dance next season, I will scream. I’ve been SO over it since the GPF. Bleh.

Metis

Record Breaker
Yessssssss. This x10000!

In general, I’d love to see electro swing as a required short dance rhythm/genre. :love:

If I hear any Latin music in ice dance next season, I will scream. I’ve been SO over it since the GPF. Bleh.

I kind of want to see every team forced to do the Despicato challenge... not saying they have to be sober. It would be great TV, though.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I kind of want to see every team forced to do the Despicato challenge... not saying they have to be sober. It would be great TV, though.

I wish to die after reading this content.

:rofl: Seriously, three in one ice dance group was bad enough! :bang:

Metis

Record Breaker
I wish to die after reading this content.

:rofl: Seriously, three in one ice dance group was bad enough! :bang:

I just want to hear the judges attempting to find comments about the nuances of the Bieber mix versus the “raw physicality” and “dynamism” of the non-Bieber one come the 15th iteration of each.

... this sounds like a Monty Python sketch and also a very good idea. For charity. Seriously.

Metis

Record Breaker
Well, in all honesty, Sorry really would be a good exhibition for him.

... I made myself listen and while it’s not my thing, it would go over bananas with the teenyboppers, so... defeated sigh yeah.

Zhou should do a Leehom Wang track.

Hanyu for Look What You Made Me Do, since he’s on a bit of a savage streak.