Sofia Samodelkina | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodelkina

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Excited about the possibilty... though after problematic season it's uncertain if she will be able to return to the previous form...
I think its likely she could get back to a high level. Her growth spurt gave her lots of troubles but maybe she just needed time to get used to her new physique. Shes really not anomalously big or tall - hopefully she has adapted by now.

If this season goes poorly for her though then shes most likely finished.

nipman

On the Ice

Looks like Sofia is getting back her 3A. Will she participate to the European championship in a few months?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

Looks like Sofia is getting back her 3A. Will she participate to the European championship in a few months?

Unlikely. The earliest Rus Fed is even willing to consider her release request is in December and the last competition counting for Euros TES minimums is Latvia Trophy (December 8-10).

nipman

On the Ice
You’re right. It should be the 4CC which is more competitive than the Euros. And in theory she has more time to earn the TES minimums (until Jan 09 I think)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
You’re right. It should be the Four Continents championships which are more competitive than the Euros. And in theory she has more time to earn the TES minimums (until Jan 09 I think)
Shouldn't she compete at Four Continents, if she represents Kazakhstan? Euros is not a possibility.
Yes, you're right, I just answered the question about Euros without thinking about it.

But, the last competition for minimums remains the same, as there are no international competitions between December 11th and January 18 apart from Europeans.