SSHOR Moskvich | Page 8 | Golden Skate

SSHOR Moskvich

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Mark your calendars, with the Moscow Junior Championships in early September (4.-7.9.) the first competition for Moskvich's future hopes is approaching fast.

Most of all I'm excited to find out what Timofey Stolyarenko and his choreographers have prepared for us this season. Can it even get better than the brilliant programs he had last year? I'm also really looking forward to Kirill K. and Kirill N. (he grew up so much 😲) as well as Alexey Efremenko.
Max Belyavskiy's continued absence is a bit concerning though. He posted pictures from summer camp in Sochi, but hasn't been seen on ice ever since. Hopefully it's nothing serious, I warmed up to him last season with his emo ballad and musical covers. 🥺

The Moskvich Juniors from Ira Sharova's visit, August 2023:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Mark your calendars, with the Moscow Junior Championships in early September (4.-7.9.) the first competition for Moskvich's future hopes is approaching fast.

Most of all I'm excited to find out what Timofey Stolyarenko and his choreographers have prepared for us this season. Can it even get better than the brilliant programs he had last year? I'm also really looking forward to Kirill K. and Kirill N. (he grew up so much 😲) as well as Alexey Efremenko.
Max Belyavskiy's continued absence is a bit concerning though. He posted pictures from summer camp in Sochi, but hasn't been seen on ice ever since. Hopefully it's nothing serious, I warmed up to him last season with his emo ballad and musical covers. 🥺

The Moskvich Juniors from Ira Sharova's visit, August 2023:

I'm actually looking forward to that event more than junior test skates!

Lighting a candle nervously for Max B...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm getting all hyped up for figure skating, but it will probably be another two months until we see the Moskvich seniors in action. The premiere of new programs is always one of the most exciting parts of the season for me as I really enjoy the anticipation leading up to the big reveal. So how about a bit of speculation, after all, we have Ira Sharova's pics from practise.

Ilya already said that due to limited training time after his injury he will likely keep both of his programs, so I'll skip him for now.

Andrei: https://www.instagram.com/p/CvaUz1PqX_m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Definitely something classical, balletic. It suits his skating style and he has such stunning extension with his long limbs. It's oddly specific, but I would love to see him perform to Nocturne from The Lady Caliph. Alternatively, he can always be a vampire again. :wink:

Alexey: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvb3D07qDGY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
He does like his warhorses. 🐎 There is a lot of pointing going on in some of the pics, so maybe some rock for a change? Why not try something from the Scorpions? That would be sufficiently warhorse-y while still giving him the opportunity to show his skating from a new side. Please not Queen. :p

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Andrei: https://www.instagram.com/p/CvaUz1PqX_m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Definitely something classical, balletic. It suits his skating style and he has such stunning extension with his long limbs. It's oddly specific, but I would love to see him perform to Nocturne from The Lady Caliph. Alternatively, he can always be a vampire again. :wink:

Alexey: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvb3D07qDGY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
He does like his warhorses. 🐎 There is a lot of pointing going on in some of the pics, so maybe some rock for a change? Why not try something from the Scorpions? That would be sufficiently warhorse-y while still giving him the opportunity to show his skating from a new side. Please not Queen. :p
Yesss Lady Caliph is one of my favourite war ponies and I loved Andrei's Melodrama SP, apologies to Elektra... 😆 If it's more on the classical side, I think he'd look good in something from Chopin or (also oddly specific) the Anyuta grand waltz. I really like the 2nd photo with his arms in 3rd position, reminds me of the way ballet dancers pose for photoshoots. Coach Vika once mentioned something like the elegant lyrical style is his strength but not wanting to overuse it - so since we've had a season of Vronsky+Vampire, it's high time for Romantic Andrei to reappear!

Hmm for Alexei I guess he could potentially also be doing something funky, like Ilya's 2021-22 SP. But if it is indeed rock, may I suggest AC/DC, worked great for Uncle Michal so in my head it has talismanic value for 'second wind' skaters :p

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Thoughts on the short programs from the Moscow Junior Championship:

Timofey's short is just as brilliant as it was last year. :laugh: He gave it a bit too much for the step sequence, but still a top notch performance. His jumps are getting bigger and did he always have such a nice outside edge for his lutz?

Kirill N. is cute as a button and does lyrical programs exceptionally well for a boy his age. The sweet sadness of the music almost made me cry (not kidding, I'm a bit emotional lately).

No video yet for Kirill K. but his performance was a mixed bag. I'm not sure about the music selection, the sound quality was so bad. Especially the second part was really distracting to me, as I was trying to figure out whether the voice-over was in Russian or German. Logically, it must have been Russian, but I swear, I heard some German phrases in there. 😵‍💫

And for old time's sake, Kirill A., who is somewhere in CSKA now: The program is so quintessentially Kirill, it's almost funny. Sadly, his skating problems continue into the new season.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
The sweet sadness of the music almost made me cry (not kidding, I'm a bit emotional lately).
That's relatable :ghug:

General life stuff has limited me to lurking for most of these early season events... Hoping to make it to a competition thread again soon though, I am craving virtual pizza and drinks :p

Wishing all the best to alumnus Kirill A, I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed for him to regain some of that momentum he had a couple seasons ago.

Did Mark Lukin end up with Moskvich this season after all? I'm losing track of all the moves 😵

Also love your new avatar! 😍

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Who says we can't have virtual pizza and drinks in here? 🍕🍸🍷🥂 And also some ice cream for good measure. :laugh: 🍨

After this virtual calorie bomb, my brief recap of today's free skate.
There were many new programs and some old favourites. What really sets the Moskvich lads apart for me is the attention to detail and the diversity of the programs. We had everything from Russian punk rock to Romeo and Juliet. And that's not just for their "star" skaters. Also the boys without trixels or triple-triples get their individual choreography where it's obvious that someone put a lot of thought and work into the whole process and not just recycled some old music cut and style that's easy to digest for the judges. It's so satisfying to see when this gets appropriately rewarded in the PCS.

My highlights, Kirill N. with a very convenient choreo in case some last minute praying for a successful performance is needed:

And of course Timofey, the master of steps and spins, though I have to say I prefer last year's layout where the choreo really hit all of the musical accents. It's still one of my all-time favourite junior programs ever.

As to Mark Lukin, he joined Vika Butsaeva's team in late November last year. He's been flying under the radar a bit, I guess there was an injury to heal and then some careful training to bring him back to his previous level. Hopefully this season patience and tenacity will pay off, a good start has already been made today. From Ira Sharova:

1693938518015.png

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yay, I can hardly believe it, Lyosha and Andrei are still on the entry list for Raber Memorial tomorrow. I'm so ridiculously excited for this, it feels like waiting for the last group at the Olympics. :dbana:

Just the best guys! Davai, Lyosha and Andrei, Timofey and Kirill! :cheer2:

SP on Saturday:

FS on Sunday:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Just took a quick peep between doing things - so we have good old warhorses true to form, but it turns out Lyosha is the one who got the classical programme (Turandot FP)! It actually suits him nicely though, especially the Nessun Dorma bit.
By the way, he was great in the short barring one freak fall!

We weren't far off the mark with Andrei, who has a lyrical SP (Exogenesis). I liked the extra body movement in the step sequence but it wasn't scored so well, I'm guessing the turn requirements need work.
Count von Krolock is back to prey on us for the free 🧛‍♂️

Timofei and Kirill did well too, hauling in a couple more Moskvich Medals :)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Just popping in to celebrate Kirill Kropylev winning juniors at Omsk (Cup of Russia stage 2) :love2:
He looked a tad cautious but managed an almost-clean free skate with a backloaded 3A, well done! Cute hug with Coach Vika at the end :D

Senior men are up next, good luck to Lyosha and Andrei 🍀

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Of course, let's not forget about Vladimir, giving an excellent season debut at the US GP skating to Lion King - in a tiger print shirt. 🐯

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Happy coaches' day! 🍾
I'll take this occasion for a bit of nostalgia.

Viktoria Volchkova - World Championships 2003, FS
What a great jumper she was, the Lutzes in particular are stunning.

Evgenii Vlasov - Russian Cup 2015, Stage 5, FS
He had some creative spinning positions and was definitely ahead of his time when it came to wild music cuts.

And for old times' sake and also because I like this performance a lot and have been waiting for an opportunity to post it.
Murad Kurbanov - Moskvich Open Championship 2017, SP (out of competition)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Happy coaches' day! 🍾
I'll take this occasion for a bit of nostalgia.

Viktoria Volchkova - World Championships 2003, FS
What a great jumper she was, the Lutzes in particular are stunning.

Evgenii Vlasov - Russian Cup 2015, Stage 5, FS
He had some creative spinning positions and was definitely ahead of his time when it came to wild music cuts.

And for old times' sake and also because I like this performance a lot and have been waiting for an opportunity to post it.
Murad Kurbanov - Moskvich Open Championship 2017, SP (out of competition)
Slightly belated well-wishes to all Coach Vika's team past and present :thank:
They were indeed fine skaters back in the day, each with their own lovely qualities that we see glimpses of in their students.

I just noticed now it's World Ballet Day today, so here's an extra shout-out to the teacher(s) responsible for off-ice dance training! Good posture and pretty port de bras to all the boys 🕺

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Entry lists for the 4th Cup stage have been published and our favourite vampire Andrei is not on them. Now I'm worried that they'll send him to the 5th stage together with Lyosha and Ilya. I don't want the three Moskvich boys competing against each other at a qualifying event. :(
Barring a complete meltdown, Lyosha and Ilya should be safe when it comes to qualification for Nationals, but they are still vying for a spot at the Cup final. Andrei on the other hand only got a meagre 2 points from his first assignment. And even though from an outside viewpoint Russian Nationals is just another domestic competition these days, the Russian skaters probably still consider it the most important event of the season. Qualification would be a much needed confidence booster for Andrei.

I'm rooting for all of the Moskvich boys and I'll enjoy each of their performances but at the same time I'm afraid the fifth stage will not be a happy event for me if indeed all three get sent there.