Starr Andrews | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Starr Andrews

Vemvane

On the Ice
Starr put together two lovely programmes at Skate America - I really loved her FP in particular. She has presence, she has dress sense, she is musical and elegant, and was wonderful to watch.

SP:

FP:

(Videos from ISU YouTube channel, so geoblocking applies.)

Toshsk8

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Get well soon Starr. Maybe it’s just me being hopeful, but it didn’t look like a long term injury. Let it be so and she comes back quickly.

All these F’n injuries this year.
Starr has no injuries for the record. it was medical related and the best interest of her health that the ISU withdrew her. Hope that helps clarify the injury related rumor.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Starr has no injuries for the record. it was medical related and the best interest of her health that the ISU withdrew her. Hope that helps clarify the injury related rumor.
She doesn't have a trauma but that doesn't mean she isn't sick ... wasn't ISU that withdrew her .. she withdrew herself because she couldn't finish the SP .. she looked like she couldn't breath ... and in an athlete that means a lot of tests before she can compete again ...

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

She doesn't have a trauma but that doesn't mean she isn't sick ... wasn't ISU that withdrew her .. she withdrew herself because she couldn't finish the SP .. she looked like she couldn't breath ... and in an athlete that means a lot of tests before she can compete again ...
Whatever it is, hope she gets back better than ever as quickly as possible.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Per the post above from Starr's mother, the withdrawal was "medical-related."
I believe that the point she was making is that "medical-related" is not synonymous with "injury."

I understand why she wanted to make clear that injury is not the issue.
IMO, the distinction between the two is important -- because wondering (by fans) about "injury" potentially could cause concern that a long period of recovery and rehabilitation would be necessary.

I hope :pray: that Starr will be in good health well before Nationals.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Per the post above from Starr's mother, the withdrawal was "medical-related."
I believe that the point she was making is that "medical-related" is not synonymous with "injury."

I understand why she wanted to make clear that injury is not the issue.
IMO, the distinction between the two is important -- because wondering (by fans) about "injury" potentially could cause concern that a long period of recovery and rehabilitation would be necessary.

I hope :pray: that Starr will be in good health well before Nationals.
But an injury you can quickly identify ... a medical problem can take longer ... and no coach will put an athlete to train without first knowing what they really have ... First health then the competition

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Starr1_EDIT.jpg

Source: https://figureskatersonline.com/news/2021/11/20/photos-2021-internationaux-de-france/

Get well soon!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Starr posted a health update on Instagram. Wishing her well on her recovery and let's hope the surgery has corrected the problem.
Since I was about 12 years old I started getting these episodes to where my heart rate would elevate out of nowhere and I would get light headed and it was quite uncomfortable. I went undiagnosed while seeing a pediatric cardiologist. He told me my episodes were not significant enough to cause harm. I was dealing with this until February this year when I was diagnosed with Supraventricular tachycardia or SVT by a different cardiologist . As most of you know I had to withdraw from my Grand Prix in France and that was because before I even started the program I was having one of those episodes. throughout that whole performance my heart rate was above 200bpm. I was heartbroken when I had to withdraw because of it. My journey throughout all of this has taught me so much and I am so grateful for everyone who’s been there for me. I received an ablation to fix this problem and I will be stronger than before. I want to thank everyone for their support and the doctors that performed the procedure.

As an aside - I have a relative who had a similar experience following her HPV vaccine at age 11. She was diagnosed with SVT and her doctor confirmed it was from the vaccine as she had not had any heart issues prior. Flash forward, she got the Pfizer vaccine to continue her college studies and while her heart issues had been under control with medication, they got worse again after vaccination and she had an ablation last fall. Her doctors have told her no more vaccines or boosters and her college basically told her she couldn't finish her degree on campus without a booster but could finish remotely. I'm NOT saying this is what happened to Starr but it was scary for my cousin.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Starr posted a health update on Instagram. Wishing her well on her recovery and let's hope the surgery has corrected the problem.

As an aside - I have a relative who had a similar experience following her HPV vaccine at age 11. She was diagnosed with SVT and her doctor confirmed it was from the vaccine as she had not had any heart issues prior. Flash forward, she got the Pfizer vaccine to continue her college studies and while her heart issues had been under control with medication, they got worse again after vaccination and she had an ablation last fall. Her doctors have told her no more vaccines or boosters and her college basically told her she couldn't finish her degree on campus without a booster but could finish remotely. I'm NOT saying this is what happened to Starr but it was scary for my cousin.
As Starr's mother suffers from microvascular coronary dysfunction I would attribute Starr's heart problems to genetics more than to any hypothetical vaccine or medication side effect.

While microvascular coronary dysfunction and SVT are very different from each other, heart problems, in general, are often hereditary and run in families, without every family member with heart problems having the exact same symptoms and being diagnosed with the same heart disease.

Last edited: