Stars on Ice Japan 2023 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Japan 2023

Magill

Record Breaker
Jason may not have left competition yet, but it looks like he is working well on building a place for himself in international shows.
Oh, I like Jason's vlog a lot. It's fun and refreshing, and allows us to peek backstage where no reporters would usually be allowed. I also must say that the pure admiration he shows for Yuzu is truly endearing :)
But, yeah, he himself is just a dream performer for shows where musicality, art, beauty, performance skills and ability to draw audience in are all that really counts. And he has plenty of it all and more, for sure! So no wonder shows do and will love him, whether he still competes or not.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Mauve

Rinkside
Country
France

Mauve

Rinkside
Country
France
All the skaters who ever jumped a 4A in the whole history of humanity are on this picture :

I'm bittersweet about this because I don't like Ilia Malinin's skating so they don't feel the same to me, but at least he recognises Yuzuru Hanyu's attempt (after weeks of fs commenters ignoring it, it is welcome).

Magill

Record Breaker
Today was the SOI day when Yuzuru skated his new "One Summer's Day" programme, which has been created for GIFT and was never seen in competitions. As it is growing truly iconic, together with his amazing costume that has already made its way to quite a few avatars, even on this board, I think it deserves to be linked here and not just in his FF.
To give you some more context, the music comes from Japanese "Spirited Away" animated fantasy anime movie which is kind of iconic on its own. Yuzu has impersonated much-loved character of Haku the White Dragon - hence the costume. Haku is the wounded protector, the spirt of a river annihilated by human urban development. Choreographed by David Wilson. Mesmerizing and beautiful.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pictures from Alexa's and Piper's instangrams for the last but one day

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Piper's instagram, including Kaori's cake!

Magill

Record Breaker
They really seem to be having such a good fun both on and off the ice. Sad it is already gone.
Thank you to the skaters for giving us such a treat, as well as to the posters, the vloggers and the wonderful Japanese audience !!!

Last edited: