snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
2017 Swedish Nationals

Dec 13-17 in Skellefteå Kraft Arena, Skellefteå

Official website

Map

Ticket information in Swedish and English

Competitions start Thursday 14 at 15.00 with the youngest girls. Time in other places.
Then young boys, opening ceremonies and junior ladies and so on until the medal ceremonies Sunday afternoon.

Free live stream, sign in with e-mail

* Competition and practice schedule

* Qualified skaters
* Entries/Results

All times Central European Time Time converter

Men: Sadly only three senior gentlemen. Alexander is the only one to have required tech for olympics and championships. Some good juniors; for example Gabriel who scored 73+ in short at Tallin trophy with a +GOE 3-axel. I think Nikolaj is practising it as well.

Ladies: With Joshi retired and Isabelle still injured, gold is between Matilda and Anita. Exciting for them, they are competing for an olympic spot. Can anyone else challenge them? I have Josefin for third place. Not a wild guess that Selma Ihr wins gold in juniors.

Nice to see Greta and John in junior pairs and THREE dance pairs competing with themselves; one in each discipline, senior, junior and youth :)

Also excited to watch up and coming young single skaters. Casper, looking at you.

Hoping for great performances and some new stars breaking through. Congrats to all qualified skaters, young and ’old’. GO you all!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Mostly a sad story. Don’t think the Swe oly committee is impressed. Matilda bombed the short, but a bit better in free. Anita nice lutz popped 3toe-1toe in short and popped the lutz in free. Alexander had a bad short and a better free. Matilda and Anita will fight for the olympic spot at Euros.

Fortunately the younger ones show talent. Looks like Gabriel have a solid 3-axel now. Nikolaj bombed the short, but came back in free. Selma only 13 years old is a star even if she had some wobbles in free; 3toe-3toe with positive GOE though. She won juniors. Casper, 13, and Oliver are also promising young boys.

I didn’t watch much so can’t tell about others. I hope there were some great performances among coming stars that I didn’t see :)

Swedish television report: Anita going for the Olympic spot.
Fantastic to win Swedish Nationals. Now my goal is Peyongchang. Tough to compete against Matilda. I think I can make it. Have to clean up the jumps and work on the artistic side. I’m really stubborn and have a mentality to win.

Women
Anita Östlund 155.46
Matilda Algotsson 136.09
Josefin Taljegård 134.71

Men
Alexander Majorov 235.07
Illlya Solomin 146.82
Daniel Engelsons 106.84

Junior women
Selma Ihr 143.96
Smilla Szalkai 131.11
Jelizaveta Kopaca 124.26

Junior men
Gabriel Folkesson 186.88
Nikolaj Majorov 167.93
Andreas Nordebäck 161.17

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Does Sweden have one spot or two for Euros? How are Anita's Olympic chances looking?
Also great to see the cutie Selma Ihr win the junior title!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Does Sweden have one spot or two for Euros? How are Anita's Olympic chances looking?
Also great to see the cutie Selma Ihr win the junior title!

Sweden has two Euro spots for women and one for men. Hopefully Matilda and Anita both skate better there.

Yes, Selma is awesome. Her score stands for second best in seniors.