Tara Lipinski's Wedding, Saturday June 24 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tara Lipinski's Wedding, Saturday June 24

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Tara's wedding will take place this Saturday at Middleton Place plantation in Charleston, SC. Best wishes to Tara and her fiance Todd!

Tara just posted a pic on Instagram of "some" of the flowers that have been brought in for the wedding. Here is the URL:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVnVok0lZON/?taken-by=taralipinski

Wow a lot of hydrangeas! They are gorgeous and have huge impact but dangerous - very finicky and can wilt for no reason. Though you can revive them not enough time during the wedding. i am wondering if her florist is actually going to boil all the stems and soak the heads in a bleach bath to give them the best chance of surviving.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gorgeous location but I will always find weddings at plantations extremely tasteless.

Why? Because of the history? Most weddings are a bit tasteless if for not they are too over the top and the money put into them is outrageous add to that over 40percent don't last.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She looks so happy :) And the setting is gorgeous!!! Especially all those flowers and a lovely dress with flowing hair. Not sure what is going on with Johnny's "bustle"? At least in the one photo it looked almost like a peplum infused short morning coat in baby blue? Not great with Johnny's coloring lol.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Like wow, folks.

Tara Lipinski, whether or not she is your favorite skater or your favorite commentator, was *married* yesterday. Whether or not you care for Johnny Weir, he was a groomsman at a close friend's wedding. Unless you paid for her wedding, or designed her dress, or were consulted on the floral arrangements, or are Johnny's tailor, can we not, on the woman's wedding day, just say:

Congratulations Tara and Todd, you are a lovely couple, and may you enjoy a lifetime of happiness together!

Thank you.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Was that her father in the first picture? Extravagantly beautiful. Wonder if she made the same mistake Michelle did?

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask this question? Unfortunately, several marriages end in divorce. Michelle wasn't the first and she certainly won't be the last. Look at that fool Cristopher Dean. He Married an absolutely beautiful world champion who gave him beautiful children and he cheated on her like a dog.....In the end, if she married for love, that's what should matter.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
Gorgeous location but I will always find weddings at plantations extremely tasteless.

I disagree. The past is the past. We can't undo the sins of the past simply by erasing all historical record. The venue looks beautiful. We shouldn't destroy a thing of beauty just because of an ugly, and long defunct, past. I assume that the plantation is a venue open to all, including African-Americans who can trace back their family tree to their slave ancestors. As long as the venue welcomes everyone, then I'm all for it as a wedding venue. I think it's a small triumph every time an African-American gets married there because it shows how far we've come as a nation.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This wedding cost a pretty penny; quite the fantasy. Great she has made so much money off of skating and her fame plus her dad is an oil exec. Just a wonderful wedding with a very nice designer Reema A dress. I know she was excited about the wedding and that is great. Every person should have their day.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that her father in the first picture? Extravagantly beautiful. Wonder if she made the same mistake Michelle did?

Sorry, what mistake did Michelle make?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what you mean when you ask this question? Unfortunately, several marriages end in divorce. Michelle wasn't the first and she certainly won't be the last. Look at that fool Cristopher Dean. He Married an absolutely beautiful world champion who gave him beautiful children and he cheated on her like a dog.....In the end, if she married for love, that's what should matter.

Are you talking about Jill Trenary; I don't know if he had children with Isobel Duchesnay? I guess we just have to hope true love will win and live forever - assuming it is true love :) But it does look beautiful regardless of costs, Johhnny lol,the historical issues of plantations et al.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Like wow, folks.

Tara Lipinski, whether or not she is your favorite skater or your favorite commentator, was *married* yesterday. Whether or not you care for Johnny Weir, he was a groomsman at a close friend's wedding. Unless you paid for her wedding, or designed her dress, or were consulted on the floral arrangements, or are Johnny's tailor, can we not, on the woman's wedding day, just say:

Congratulations Tara and Todd, you are a lovely couple, and may you enjoy a lifetime of happiness together!

Thank you.
LOL el henry I hear you but then you shouldn't be part of this Forum double lol. It is the nature of the beast. Every one is a critic and has an opinion. But regardless of my comments I do wish them well and really believe the bride and groom or couple should have their day their way. it is nice if people can have their dream wedding - most have limitations - finance and such. I know for me I wish my dad were alive and that several special friends and family could attend.

begin

Medalist
Wasn't expecting to, but I really like her dress!

I disagree. The past is the past. We can't undo the sins of the past simply by erasing all historical record. The venue looks beautiful. We shouldn't destroy a thing of beauty just because of an ugly, and long defunct, past. I assume that the plantation is a venue open to all, including African-Americans who can trace back their family tree to their slave ancestors. As long as the venue welcomes everyone, then I'm all for it as a wedding venue. I think it's a small triumph every time an African-American gets married there because it shows how far we've come as a nation.

I don't see the 'triumph' in any of what you describe. The 'beauty' of plantations was built from and by slavery, an institution whose legacy still lingers and damages black communities today. They serve no meaning and purpose beyond demonstrating depravity and greed. It takes a lot of cognitive dissonance (or dgaf-ery) to romanticize such places.

Barb

Record Breaker
Tara looked really beautiful and happy :yes:. And it seems they had good weather, how lucky.

olayolay

On the Ice

Would you get married at Auschwitz?

Plantations were built off the labor of slaves who died and were tortured there. White people have no respect.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
Tara looks amazing! They look so happy and so in love! Actually those are the only things that really matters.
PS I really like her dress. ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Are you talking about Jill Trenary; I don't know if he had children with Isobel Duchesnay? I guess we just have to hope true love will win and live forever - assuming it is true love :) But it does look beautiful regardless of costs, Johhnny lol,the historical issues of plantations et al.

Yes, Jill Trenary.

janav

On the Ice
Would you get married at Auschwitz?

Plantations were built off the labor of slaves who died and were tortured there. White people have no respect.

Off topic but I attended a wedding that took place in the town of Terezin, where a 'small' concentration camp was located during WWII (it was no Auschwitz but google it, it was horrible place in those years). The wedding itself and the reception after were very tasteful and prior to the ceremony, we all visited the memorial. The groom's family had a connection to that place and I actually thought it was a nice touch, to celebrate happiness of two people in place where so much sorrow happened, considering the family's history. Now, I don't pretend to understand the issues stemming from US past, I just wanted to point out that for some people, the place where they are getting married, even if it's a place where lot of unhappiness happened, doesn't necessarily mean that they have no respect for the past.

olayolay

On the Ice
Off topic but I attended a wedding that took place in the town of Terezin, where a 'small' concentration camp was located during WWII (it was no Auschwitz but google it, it was horrible place in those years). The wedding itself and the reception after were very tasteful and prior to the ceremony, we all visited the memorial. The groom's family had a connection to that place and I actually thought it was a nice touch, to celebrate happiness of two people in place where so much sorrow happened, considering the family's history. Now, I don't pretend to understand the issues stemming from US past, I just wanted to point out that for some people, the place where they are getting married, even if it's a place where lot of unhappiness happened, doesn't necessarily mean that they have no respect for the past.

Which is why I have no problem with black people getting married at plantations if they so choose. It's disrespectful and disgusting for a white person to get married there.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

From what I remember, he was having an affair with the world champion (Jill Trenary) while still married to his first wife (ice dancer Isabelle Duchesnay). So. more than one fool in that marriage. IMHO, a person who marries a cheater (and participated in the cheating) should not be surprised when the dog keeps on cheating.

janav

On the Ice
Which is why I have no problem with black people getting married at plantations if they so choose. It's disrespectful and disgusting for a white person to get married there.

I think we got in a discussion that's not really my thing (using the principle of collective blame that is) so I'm not going to hijack this thread further.

mrrice

Record Breaker
From what I remember, he was having an affair with the world champion (Jill Trenary) while still married to his first wife (ice dancer Isabelle Duchesnay). So. more than one fool in that marriage. IMHO, a person who marries a cheater (and participated in the cheating) should not be surprised when the dog keeps on cheating.

I didn't know about that but, if it's true, you're right. You lay down with a dog and you will get fleas......Look at how many times Morozov has been Married.