Team Korea Youngsters | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

albinayjna

Rinkside
Kyueun, Boyoung, Sunghoon are coached by same coach(Jong Hyun RYU)
and Suhhyun and Seoyong are coached by same coach, Sung Jin BYUN.
Coaches determined to go to Lombardia with some young skaters among their team.

Suhhyun(born in 1999) and Seoyoung(born in 2000) also competed Volvo Open last year, Suhhyun placed 3rd at Junior.

Boyoung and Sunghoon is same age(born in 2002), but Lombardia is first international competition for Boyoung,
Sunghoon competed twice Asian Trophy in 2013 and 2015. He win a gold medal in Advanced Novice Boys this year.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so, CJH will skate at SC Autumn Classic :cheer: i was already excited after hearing Yuzu, Elizabet will be there, now i am even more excited :love:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Sohyun has solidified her spot as one of the top contenders for the K-Nats podium. Interestingly enough, her score isn't far away from Dabin's short program PB. They made a good decision using 3Lz-2T in Logrono.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OMG Korea nationals blood bath? Soyoun ... am worried!

Really great debut by SoHyun, somewhat impressed! How come I never really paid attention before. Unless they sure grew up fast and became all unrecognizable like was the case with Dabin this year lol!! It's like who's SHE!!? :love:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I wouldn't say that its going to be a bloodbath. It's more like SY's position isn't as secure like last year.

I actually didn't recognize Sohyun right away either. I thought of Choi Ji Woo ( a Korean actress) when I saw her..... [emoji23]

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^oops, I didnot realize Choi Ji Woo is THE Choi Ji Woo until I googled the name.:biggrin:
SH didnot reminds me of her but some other address instead.:p
Anyways, she performed much better this time than last outing. congrats:cheer:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What a conundrum SH's layout is shaping out. The lack of 3-3s and even a 2A-3T is hurting her score in the LP. For now, I will assume that it's for puberty matters but Coach Jung should at least have SH do 2A-3Ts to keep her marks 'stable'.

I do wonder if they're retooling her technique. To be frank, SH's 3-3 combos were quite UR. So I'm hoping for the former to be an ongoing process for her.

Anyway, congrats to her for having a solid competition, regardless of the scores.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I felt that perhaps they are "retooling" her technique, her jumps are higher from this outing and the "h" shape is more prominent in her air position. I thought they intentionally took out the -3t,since it prone to be UR. better do a correct technique -2T.
I think SH has lovely basics, great speed. She also has innate ability to perform to the music (more gifted than Choi), but her performance still feels like she is doing what she was taught. I wish she can perform from her heart someday in the future. That been said, a much better performance than last comps. :cheer:
Also, I wish they can pay more attention to her spin positions, her levels are okay but positions are not particularly beautiful or thoughtful.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oh I definitely agree with her jumps getting higher. In fact, I thought they also cover a greater amount of distance than before. I may have sounded a wee bit harsh on my comment on her layout but I recently checked the Korean LP scores in this year's JGP, and I saw that she has the second highest score. It is low but her scoring has a lot of potential considering that she only does 3-2 combos whereas you see Nahyun get almost the same score with 3-3s.

Stiiilll, I would like to see her do a 2A-3T at the least :biggrin: And get rid of that darn butt spin and clean up her positions. Gonna be very nit-picky now :laugh:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Also just a head's up

Soyoun and Junehyoung will compete next weekend in Finlandia Trophy.
Jinseo is also slated to compete in Ice Stars in Belarus on Oct. 9-11.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
EGADS
Kim Haejin is out of the KSU dungeons (as said by Team Korea fans on Twitter)

She'll be competing in Ice Stars with Jinseo and Kim Sena

Alsoo, Kim/Minov and Lim Ahyun will be there as well

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Oh J_butt :eek:: one move reminds me of Denis
The second stsq, some moves reminds me of Jeremy. and R&J (Roman, Han etc....:drama:)