Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
By the way have they said anything official about next season? They're going to continue or not? I really wish them to continue and amaze us with their new programs

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
By the way have they said anything official about next season? They're going to continue or not? I really wish them to continue and amaze us with their new programs

Unlikely. They’ll be doing the thank you tour across Canada during Grand Prix season.

believed

On the Ice
Tessa & Scott will be inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame in December :)

https://twitter.com/cwofame/status/1021339608813113345?s=21

The inclusion of Olympic favourites Virtue and Moir might come as a surprise, acknowledged walk of fame head Jeffrey Latimer, because they’re still active in their skating careers.

“Many times the walk of fame has celebrated the success of great sports figures and Olympians after (they)… have retired,” he noted.

But Latimer said he believed it’s important to induct sports figures “when they are on top of the world.”

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...and-moir-among-canadas-walk-of-fame-inductees

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Synchronized OGM 1A! I will also add that Tessa has perfect extension on the landing in that freeze frame :love:

Between her impeccable posture during twizzles (while in Pyeongchang Jackie Wong posted on his Twitter account a photo of Tessa in the middle of twizzle rotation, pure perfection complimented with great facial expression!) and leg extensions it's really easy to see why she is so special and successful. Which deepens my sadness that there won't be such leg extensions and perfect frames in Tango RD next season, I really would love to see them doing it even just once in some Senior B competition...

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Does anyone have a link to their 2014 short dance at Sochi? I can only seem to find their practices on YouTube which seems odd as it’s so easy to find all their other short and free dances.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

danse

On the Ice
Two additional shows have opened up on the Thank You Canada Tour - two shows in Mississauga on Sunday October 28th - one at 3pm, the second at 7:30pm. Some of the shows have sold out... I can't wait to see what they have instore.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Did really Tessa and Scott retire btw? I know that Pyeongchang was their last Olympics but is there any chance for them to return with the Nationals this year or with brand new season next year?

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Did really Tessa and Scott retire btw? I know that Pyeongchang was their last Olympics but is there any chance for them to return with the Nationals this year or with brand new season next year?

They haven't officially announced their retirement yet. Scott said in a recent interview they will be taking this season off and will be concentrating on the Thank You Canada tour and then evaluate what the future holds.

Link for the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrtVNXJcEug

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
They haven't officially announced their retirement yet. Scott said in a recent interview they will be taking this season off and will be concentrating on the Thank You Canada tour and then evaluate what the future holds.

Thanks for the answer. The idea of watching them competing again is just amazing and I want it so much

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Have you seen the TSL interview with Igor Shpilband? He talks quite extensively about Virtue/Moir and Davis/White. I thought it was interesting, especially the part when he talks about the differences between these two couples in terms of types of talent. It was also intriguing to hear that from him that there are no teams in today's ice dance that would do so difficult lifts as those two teams. Of course we know that they have these talents but is great to hear from him as well that V/M were really ambitious in terms of music choice and how they were really able to connect to the music and to each other. He also talks about V/M's outstanding partnering skills.