The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing | Golden Skate

The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Look up Vera Ellen on YouTube, she's a very underrated dancer from old Hollywood movies.
I'd love love love to see an ice dance routine to this song, it's so cute! From the movie White Christmas. The beeeest things.......happen while you're daaaaancing......ok, so maybe I'm hyped up cuz I haven't seen this film in ages. But wouldn't this be great for the short dance one year?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a great idea. The music has several different tempos. I'd be on board with this and I'd insist that it needs to be Danny Kaye singing! This would have been great for the RD either/both the past 2 years.

Unpopular opinion: I watched White Christmas for the first time ever last December, and I couldn't stand it. :frown: Sorry, @mrrice. I hated the song "Sisters," and then they kept doing it over and over!

Then again, I am not a good example because I can't stand most of the sentimental Christmas favorites. Bah humbug. The only Christmas movie I re-watch every year is the musical version of "Scrooge" starring Albert Finney, Alec Guinness, and Anton Rodgers.

ETA: oh, and It's a Wonderful Life.

mrrice

Record Breaker
What a great idea. The music has several different tempos. I'd be on board with this and I'd insist that it needs to be Danny Kaye singing! This would have been great for the RD either/both the past 2 years.

Unpopular opinion: I watched White Christmas for the first time ever last December, and I couldn't stand it. :frown: Sorry, @mrrice. I hated the song "Sisters," and then they kept doing it over and over!

Then again, I am not a good example because I can't stand most of the sentimental Christmas favorites. Bah humbug. The only Christmas movie I re-watch every year is the musical version of "Scrooge" starring Albert Finney, Alec Guinness, and Anton Rodgers.

ETA: oh, and It's a Wonderful Life.
I'm shocked! :drama:

auser

Record Breaker
Look up Vera Ellen on YouTube, she's a very underrated dancer from old Hollywood movies.
I'd love love love to see an ice dance routine to this song, it's so cute! From the movie White Christmas. The beeeest things.......happen while you're daaaaancing......ok, so maybe I'm hyped up cuz I haven't seen this film in ages. But wouldn't this be great for the short dance one year?
I watch White Christmas during the holidays just to see that fun dance sequence with Vera Ellen and Danny Kaye.:)