The Second Kiss and Cry: What do you think? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

The Second Kiss and Cry: What do you think?

cl2

Final Flight
I guess that CBC interview lasted 20 minutes or something? They were absent through several performances.

I'm pretty sure they came and went. Like Tereska, I recall they appeared there at some points. I imagine there are many reasons why they stepped out-- interviews, quiet time to come to terms with their disappointment, bathroom break... lots of possible reasons. IMO, it's unnecessary to jump to the most petty conclusion.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure they came and went. Like Tereska, I recall they appeared there at some points. I imagine there are many reasons why they stepped out-- interviews, quiet time to come to terms with their disappointment, bathroom break... lots of possible reasons. IMO, it's unnecessary to jump to the most petty conclusion.

Do W/P go to the bathroom together?

You're right, there could be any number of reason that both of them disappeared for so long, while all of the others stayed. Is 'quiet time to come to terms with disappointment' a petty conclusion?

cl2

Final Flight
Do W/P go to the bathroom together?

You're right, there could be any number of reason that both of them disappeared for so long, while all of the others stayed. Is 'quiet time to come to terms with disappointment' a petty conclusion?

No. That is quite different from concluding that they are "complaining sore losers" for not being in the 2nd K&C, as a previous poster claimed.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to point the fire at you.

Edit: Regarding bathroom break, I did not mean that literally, but just to refer to a myriad of possibilities that you might not have thought of.

Last edited:

peg

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAYKGuwgKk at 4:28.

No, they're not pretending to be happy, but they are there, post P/C as well.

So, they were there for the two main podium contenders (aside from themselves) and stepped out for some reason when teams not expected to podium skated. I'm not sure how that's indicative of poor sportsmanship.

And so what if they needed to step out to deal with their disappointment. They're human beings and are allowed to have human emotions. Of course it would be disappointing when you've had a perfect season and scored the season's top score and wind up third. Besides, if they had been there obviously emotional, people would have been criticizing them for that. It's a no win situation for them.

Besides, they may have stepped out for other reasons - and stepped out while non-podium threats were skating because that was that was the better and more sportsmanlike option.