Tickets for 2017 Finlandia Trophy | Golden Skate

Tickets for 2017 Finlandia Trophy

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
All-event tickets are on sale from today: HERE
(click the flag, top-right of the page, to change language!)

Not all seats are for sale, seems only Premium seats and Cat1 on the judges side for now. I guess they are holding back the rest of the seats for staggered-release, individual-day sales, tour companies, or whatever.

This year, we can buy all-event seats right up to the front row... whereas previous years, the nearest all-event seats were something like 9th row, and you had to buy individual day tickets to get closer.

Premium tickets (front 3 rows): 110 Euros each
Category 1 tickets: 90 euros each

Ouch. Finlandia has become pretty expensive over the last few years! Last year (2016) a full set of individual day tickets was about 95 euros, and I guess all-event was less - so the price has increased a lot since last year. And if I remember correctly, 2015's all-event tickets were roughly half this year's price!

Still, it's my favourite competition and venue, so... ;-D

PS. I note that the seat map is now much more representative of the actual layout. Previously, some adjacent sections looked like there was a gap/aisle between them, when in fact there was none. Still looks a bit odd around the corners, it's still a diagram rather than a true map - but at least tunnels/aisles seem to be correctly indicated, and no non-existent gaps in the seating are shown...

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Just bought my premium tix. So much grey in the seating chart! I got pretty okay seats I suppose...last year I forgot to buy tickets and got them in July, and those seats were better than the ones I got now. Oh well, if I managed to find random empty seats at Worlds (I gave my own seats to my parents so I had to play musical chairs with strangers for a day :laugh: ) I'll definitely find some at Finlandia.

So happy they are going to have pairs, too!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Just bought my premium tix. So much grey in the seating chart!
I was on the ticketing site literally the moment tickets went on sale... and actually, most seats were grey (unavailable) right from the start. Only judges side was available. The short end of the rink, and all of the non-judges-side were all grey - I assume those seats will become available later. (Except seats directly behind the judges are always grey? I think are usually VIP-only?)

last year I forgot to buy tickets and got them in July, and those seats were better than the ones I got now. Oh well, if I managed to find random empty seats at Worlds (I gave my own seats to my parents so I had to play musical chairs with strangers for a day :laugh: ) I'll definitely find some at Finlandia.

So happy they are going to have pairs, too!
Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think July was the earliest that last years' tickets would have been available? But I think maybe they did That Thing where they don't release all the tickets at once... and early buyers get burned, because better seats appear later... -_- You may have gotten lucky last year!

Seems they're not doing That Thing this year though, or at least not so much - pretty much all judge-side seats were available from the start...

And yes, great they're holding a Pairs competition again...! (There haven't been any Chinese competitors at Finlandia in the last 5 years that I've been going... but in my dreams, Sui/Han will be there this year :-D)

Last edited:

yansun

Rinkside
Looks like there Wont be gala. I am new to figure skating world, so not every competition has gala?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Looks like there Wont be gala. I am new to figure skating world, so not every competition has gala?
GP series and championships have galas, but "Senior B" or Challenger series often (mostly?) don't. When the official competition "announcement" pdf's are published, they should say if there's a gala or not, if we haven't already guessed from preliminary schedules etc.

Finlandia Trophy has not had one in the last 5 years, I don't know about before that. I wish they would start having one, especially given the year-on-year ticket price increases. It usually has an opening show about 30 mins but the competitors don't participate.

Nebelhorn usually has a gala I think...

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
All-event seats opposite the judges are now available - Premium (front 3 rows) 110e each, and Category2 (all other seats) 80e each.

On the judges' side, there is only one Premium seat left...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Individual day tickets are now available (see HERE)

Friday - Pairs, Men, Ladies SPs starting at 2:00pm
Cat1 (Judges side) 35 euros, Cat2 (opposite judges) 30 Euros

Saturday - Short dance, Mens & Pairs FS, Synchro SP starting at noon
Cat1 40 euros, Cat2 35 euros

Sunday - Ladies FS, Free Dance
Cat1 35 euros, Cat2 30 euros

Discounts for children aged 4-12

Vili67

On the Ice
Feels like summer is soon over and figureskating season is on it's way.
I just bye tickets to sunday event.
Now just have to wait list of skaters hope it will release soon.:yes2:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Suddenly, a huge number of seats are greyed out (assume sold), for Saturday, opposite the judges.

Saturday is Ice Dance SD, Pairs FS, Men FS and Synchro.

Did I miss something? Was some information about a hugely popular Dance/Pairs/Men revealed somewhere? Or did tour companies grab blocks of seats? All the families of the synchro teams bought tickets at once? Or is it just coincidence?

Just seems a bit odd...

mysticice

Rinkside
^ There’s an unlikely rumor floating on the Internet that Hanyu will be there. Maybe it’s actually true because that sure would fill the seats.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
^ There’s an unlikely rumor floating on the Internet that Hanyu will be there. Maybe it’s actually true because that sure would fill the seats.
Hm. Certainly, Hanyu is the only skater I know who has that effect on Challenger ticket sales. But he is going to Autumn Classic again, and he's never been to two Challengers in one season before, has he?

It would be fully awesome if it were true... but I think it's extremely unlikely...!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Saturday tickets:
Seems no Cat2 tickets are left now for Saturday (opposite the judges, all rows except front 3).
Still a few Premium seats left, opposite judges on Saturday (front 3 rows), and plenty of Cat1 seats (judges' sides, all rows except front 3).

Friday and Sunday:
Still plenty available, all types except Judges-side Premium...

PS. It seems the map is available again for All-event tickets, to choose your own seat.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Very few seats left for Saturday... but still plenty for Friday and Sunday.

More seats were made available, at the corners... and for Sunday (edit: and Friday too), all seats on the short side have been made available (I thought they were being reserved for skaters/coaches, but i guess not).

As of right now, there are still lots of front row seats available in that short-side section. Front row in that section is not right next the ice though... it's a row or two back, and raised up accordingly (there is a rail and walkway in front). That's the section we usually have to sit for practices - I think the view is pretty good from there (Actually view is pretty good from almost anywhere in that arena).

nimi

Medalist
Originally I was only going to attend Saturday (got a Cat2 day ticket for 35e) but after seeing the new PapCiz FD I decided to buy the Sunday ticket too. Now there are cheap (20e) tickets available for the balcony opposite the judges, if you're on a budget like me.

hvr1000

Spectator
Hi - is anyone able to advise if single event tickets ( I have them for SD and FD only) will allow entry to the practice sessions? I notice that the practice for SD on Saturday morning is in the practice rink, and in-fact, the dancers wont get to use the main rink till the actual SD competition which is very odd.
thanks!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hi - is anyone able to advise if single event tickets ( I have them for SD and FD only) will allow entry to the practice sessions? I notice that the practice for SD on Saturday morning is in the practice rink, and in-fact, the dancers wont get to use the main rink till the actual SD competition which is very odd.
thanks!
Every time I've been to Finlandia (this will be my 6th time)... any valid ticket for a given day (individual-day ticket or all-event) has granted access to the practices on that day.

I didn't think there were any individual event tickets? Only individual day tickets or all-event?

I've always liked this system. Tickets are for a whole day, not particular events. It means they don't have to kick everyone out after practices, or between events... because anybody who is inside, must have a valid ticket for the whole day...

By the way, unless anything changed in the last year or so - to get to the public viewing gallery in the practice rink, you have to go outside, and round the side of the building... to some doors with just stairs behind. Go up the stairs, through the little café at the top, and into the viewing gallery above the rink.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I need some for dummies advice to read the time schedule. Are there accessible practices every day before competition, on friday, saturday and sunday? I do not want to be too early there and stay outside and get wet in the rain. But I don't want miss any competitions either.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Are there accessible practices every day before competition, on friday, saturday and sunday?
Yes.

You go in the "left side" entrance for the practices in the main rink ("MR" column in the coloured time schedule). If the doors are locked and there's nobody around inside to let you in... try going further along, to the skaters/coaches/officials entrance, and ask nicely if they will let you in there. Either way, you normally have to show a valid ticket.

You are usually only allowed to watch main rink practices from the seats on the "short side" of the rink. (Other areas are roped off and are for skaters/officials/coaches etc)

For practices in the Practice Rink ("PR" column in the coloured time schedule), the entrance is on the opposite side of the building (see my earlier post, above). Pray that the doors there are open, because if they're locked it's unlikely there will be anyone there to let you in... and good luck asking someone to go unlock them for you... o_O

hvr1000

Spectator
thank you very much. Yes I have a "day" ticket for the days of the SD and FD (sorry I didn't make that clear). I'll try and find the stairs and head to the viewing gallery if I can. Its just for Saturday morning really. Cheers!!

hvr1000

Spectator
I have just heard that the dance practice tomorrow (Saturday) will take place at the Main Rink from 6am. They have moved it from the PR. Event tickets will be accepted for the general public to watch.