Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tickets

WarmCheers

Rinkside
I never did get the verification code via SMS on my phone. I contacted KKTIX customer service through their online link and received an email notifying me that my phone number was verified (this was confirmed when I Iogged into my account).

For sure there is an issue with certain foreign phone numbers and too many resend requests will result in nothing more than 24 hour account freezes. KKTIX is seemingly aware of the problem. The best route to go is through their customer service so they can manually verify.
Thanks! I'll try that route.

brblja

Rinkside
The event is up on the KKTIX website. Though actual ticket requests open on 1/19, the links are operational. Btw, no tickets available in the red seating area which is the judges side.
Not just the red area - looks like nothing in the blue section either. And yellow/purple sections don't have listings for the front parts. :(

Isn't it possible there's another distribution system for those? It makes sense for a subset of tickets to be held back for various purposes, but over half of the seating being unavailable feels weird.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not just the red area - looks like nothing in the blue section either. And yellow/purple sections don't have listings for the front parts. :(

Isn't it possible there's another distribution system for those? It makes sense for a subset of tickets to be held back for various purposes, but over half of the seating being unavailable feels weird.
I've been to two 4CCs at Taipei Arena and both times they removed all the lower seats, so seating starts with the second level.

Part of the blue section is blocked per the seat map in the media guide on the event website. This is a change from previous events, but blue 2A and 2B look to be available. The red sections are for VIP and Press, and whatever else.

As I noted in a previous post, there is only one screen in the arena and you can't see it from one of the ends--but I can't remember which end the screen is on :scratch2:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
As I noted in a previous post, there is only one screen in the arena and you can't see it from one of the ends--but I can't remember which end the screen is on :scratch2:
I was trying to search for some videos or old photos, and finally found it: the screens would be on the 'BLUE' zone (far above the K&C), but that's assuming if they don't change the position of the screens.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I hope everyone who is going got their tickets. Aside from the phone verification drama, the KKTIX ordering process was simple and efficient and allowed individual seat selection. Now, my next question involves practices. I don't think the practices in the arena or practice rink will be open to the public since there is no mention of it anywhere. Do you have any insight @cohkaix?

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I hope everyone who is going got their tickets. Aside from the phone verification drama, the KKTIX ordering process was simple and efficient and allowed individual seat selection. Now, my next question involves practices. I don't think the practices in the arena or practice rink will be open to the public since there is no mention of it anywhere. Do you have any insight @cohaix?
In the past experience, no, the practice sessions were not open, not the main arena nor the practice rink.
The only exception I could recall is that, for the very 1st competition of each day, if you arrive early to enter the arena, you should be able to catch the very last practice session (at the main rink) of that competition day.
Also, from the Notice of KKTix: 'Events will be opened one hour before the competition starts.' So I guess planning to arrive early might get you to the partial viewing of pre-competition practice sessions.

I left a message re. the viewing of practice sessions on CTSU's FB page. I'll report back if I get any response from them.

zebobes

Final Flight
I don't understand why the red section is completely unavailable to book for even the gala. Why leave half of the arena empty? I suppose you probably need special connections to sit there, but it just kind of annoys me.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I don't understand why the red section is completely unavailable to book for even the gala. Why leave half of the arena empty? I suppose you probably need special connections to sit there, but it just kind of annoys me.
TBH, it's not a surprise at all. If you look at the seating map in the Media Information Booklet, for the Red zone:
R2A - Press seats (for Media)
R2B - Commentary positions (also for Media)
R2C - VIP (assuming for ISU officials, and they're always right behind the judges)

So that leaves R2D and R2E. I won't be surprised that those two sections are all reserved for the PR purposes.

I'd agree, though, that it doesn't make sense to reserve all the above Red zone seats for the Gala.

I'm not sure about the possibility...but perhaps there can be a 2nd release of tickets when the event is approaching? :unsure:
Ice skating Gala in the weekend afternoon can be a good family event (though I might opt for watching that from home:biggrin: )

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I left a message re. the viewing of practice sessions on CTSU's FB page. I'll report back if I get any response from them.
Okay, so the formal reply I got on FB is: NO, the practice sessions are NOT open to the public at the moment, and the purpose is for the skaters to concentrate on the competitions.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Okay, so the formal reply I got on FB is: NO, the practice sessions are NOT open to the public at the moment, and the purpose is for the skaters to concentrate on the competitions.
Thanks for checking on this. I'm not surprised--I remember in 2018 I had a chaperone pass and it was just judges, photographers, me and a few other chaperones. The good news is I'll have two extras days to enjoy Taiwan!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Re. watching the practices before the competitions - as discussed in the earlier posts, the practices are not open to the public (NOT at the practice rink anyway, but slight chances at Main rink - see below)

Here's the official time schedule of the competitions.

If you're a ticket holder, you can enter the MR one hour before the competition starts. And according to the time schedule above, it is possible to catch partial practices on:

Feb 28 (Wed): Pair's SP
Feb 29 (Thu): NA
Mar 1 (Fri): NA
Mar 2(Sat): Men's FS

BTW, according to the local news I caught the other day, it's reported that the tickets' requesting is up to around 70% so far.