2024 World Junior Championships Gala Exhibition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Gala Exhibition

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
All season, I have been amazed that, whenever Yanhao has been skating, Ted has never mentioned that he is from New Zealand himself.

Well, he did when introducing Yanhao there now. And you could hear the pride in his voice.

It's no wonder. Yanhao is definitely a skater to be proud of.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, that was a bit of a mess of an ending. They finished and started celebrating when the music was still playing, and then the person at the CD player faded the music out.

Blondie deserves better than that.

But, that aside, a great programme from Naomi WILLIAMS / Lachlan LEWER (USA).

Oh, it's a pity "One Way Or Another" was from 1978. It would have made a great Ice Dance programme for this season...

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The best thing about exhibitions is the costume-sharing 🥺
Though I wonder why Dasha didn't bring her own costume, but Misha did 🤔

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The best thing about exhibitions is the costume-sharing 🥺
Though I wonder why Dasha didn't bring her own costume, but Misha did 🤔

OK, you've got me curious. Whose dress has she borrowed?

By the very fact that Michail has his costume, I wonder if Darya's dress has got damaged (or gone missing) in transit. Because surely they would have expected to finish high enough to be guaranteed of an invite to the Gala.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I like when skaters bring their own culture to galas.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's your kid's dress - Angelina Kudryavtseva wore it in the Free Dance.

:palmf:

Just shows you how much the early starts the past few days have been hampering my ability to take in details.

But, to be fair, this week is the first time I've seen Angelina and Ilia's costumes. It usually takes a few times seeing costumes for me to be able to remember them.

CaroLiza_fan

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Although the tickets for Gala/Ex are mostly requested, I don't think the arena looks full... perhaps some local people opt for the baseball exhibition competition (Japan's Yomiuri Giants Ex game) at Taipei Dome ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, how can you vote for your favourite performance when we haven't seen all the performances yet?

That is what I hated when they introduced the voting for your "driver of the day" during the Formula 1 races a few years ago. They have it open from the start of the race, and close it on the last lap. But, if somebody does something brilliant on the last lap that would tip the balance, the fans don't have the opportunity to recognise them for it.

At least with Eurovision they don't open the voting until everybody has performed. But the Eurovision broadcast continues for a couple of hours after the last performance. Here, the broadcast ends at most 10 minutes after the Finale (it depends on the amount of messing about on the ice from the skaters!) If they waited until the end of the performances to open the voting here, and everybody rushed to vote as soon as the Finale was over, the servers would probably collapse under the pressure.

No, this is just the latest ill-thought out gimmick that the ISU have introduced to draw attention away from their inability to deal with the real issues in this sport.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I'm biased because I absolutely love "Thriller". But that was absolutely brilliant from Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV (ISR)!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I have thought this for a while now, but these two are real stars! And, as Ted says, Elizabeth in particular.

I just wish the programme had lasted for the whole song. Because that was over far too quickly.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I take it the Zombie Apocalypse has occurred in Canada. And Celina Fradji and John John Ovens have been in the thick of it.

Aha! It took a while to recognise it (probably due to the lack fo volume), but I know this music!

Good attempt, but it nobody is going to surpass Nelli Zhiganshina / Alexander Gazsi (DEU)'s iconic Free Dance / exhibition programme to this music.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Bit late, but I think Naomi Williams also borrowed her costume - Or at least her outfit looks very similar to Yahli Pedersen's RD outfit 😁

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Is this dark stream international again?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, where's the stream gone?

Somebody mustn't like Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just said to my son I can now help in cooking because I don't like their gala program. Somebody heard me.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It came back a few seconds before they finished. :bang: :bang: :bang:

And it looks like it would have been a really enjoyable programme too! :palmf:

CaroLiza_fan