2024 World Junior Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Pairs Free Skate

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Not again! This programme catches me out every time. :drama:

Every time I watch it, it takes me until well into the programme to realise that I am singing along to the "Star Wars" main theme! :palmf:

Well, I suppose we have had an undercover "Carmen" programme this season, so why not an undercover "Star Wars" programme too!

Into 2nd in the FS, and overall.

CaroLiza_fan
but it's not an undercover, it's the soundtrack of the new movies
Wow @elektra blue your kids were 3rd in free and just missed. I can't wait to see them again. They charmed me earlier this season.
not my kids, but i'm proud of them anyway:love2:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will join you live for tomorrow's events, but then I will miss the rest due to work.
Now breakfast and off to therapy...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
but it's not an undercover, it's the soundtrack of the new movies

I haven't seen all the new ones yet! So, I don't know all the music from them. I just know the music from the old ones. So, it was only the "Main Theme" that was coming in at times in the background that I was recognising.

CaroLiza_fan

slider11

Medalist
Bravo to the junior teams that won second to fourth place in the Worlds! They epitomize talented, up-and-coming junior teams that are growing and show passion for their success and challenges. The winners did not cheat and on paper deserve the top place. But clearly they belong in the senior events and should not be permitted to participate at both levels just to gain points in the system. It's a game and the ISU should place restrictions for teams competing at both levels. The Georgians looked uncomfortable on the podium and certainly were not relishing their victory. The true JUNIOR podium should ahve been the 2 American and Italian teams.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bravo to the junior teams that won second to fourth place in the Worlds! They epitomize talented, up-and-coming junior teams that are growing and show passion for their success and challenges. The winners did not cheat and on paper deserve the top place. But clearly they belong in the senior events and should not be permitted to participate at both levels just to gain points in the system. It's a game and the ISU should place restrictions for teams competing at both levels. The Georgians looked uncomfortable on the podium and certainly were not relishing their victory. The true JUNIOR podium should ahve been the 2 American and Italian teams.

Strictly speaking, the guy in the American partnership that finished in 3rd position, Lachlan LEWER, and the girl in the Italian partnership that finished in 4th position, Irina NAPOLITANO, also have experience in Senior level skating.

Lachlan did a mixed season of Junior and Senior competitions in the 2021-22 Season, when he was representing his native Australia with his former partner Campbell YOUNG. In fact, at the 2021 Ice Challenge, they actually competed at both levels, finishing 2nd in Juniors and 1st in Seniors.

Irina is currently doing a mixed season of Junior and Senior competitions in Ladies Singles skating, alongside her Junior Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Strictly speaking, the guy in the American partnership that finished in 3rd position, Lachlan LEWER, and the girl in the Italian partnership that finished in 4th position, Irina NAPOLITANO, also have experience in Senior level skating.

Lachlan did a mixed season of Junior and Senior competitions in the 2021-22 Season, when he was representing his native Australia with his former partner Campbell YOUNG. In fact, at the 2021 Ice Challenge, they actually competed at both levels, finishing 2nd in Juniors and 1st in Seniors.

Irina is currently doing a mixed season of Junior and Senior competitions in Ladies Singles skating, alongside her Junior Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan
Ok. Your examples are relevant but are not quite comparative. Lachlan skated with a different partner previously in seniors. If Lachlan was skating now in seniors, I would agree. Irina is skating singles at the senior level, different discipline. Apples and oranges.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I woke up. Saw the results. Went to my work meeting. I feel nothing but exhaustion.
Skate Canada needs to bounce back from this and
1) use all their spots on the JGP
2) use the opportunities at their disposal to prepare contenders properly : warm-up competitions before worlds...
3) send me a bottle of wine so I can forget about this pairs event.