2024 European Championships Exhibition | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Exhibition

LadyB

Record Breaker
You can't stop the beat... :biggrin:

Speaking of hair, Josefin has mastered the 80's look a lot better than most of the Ice Dancers... :slink:

CaroLiza_fan
That was the 60s hippie time, love. ;)
Her costume (and her impressions) was a beautiful resemblance of Treat Williams' outfit and his hair in the movie Hair.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I do not understand why we are having all these closeups of the orchestra, and extremely long shots of the skaters, while Papadakis and Cizeron are on the ice. I kind of think it’s them we are here to see.

Compare that to the consistent closeup coverage of the Spanish fellow’s comedy routine :)
Yes. This is annoying and camera work overall is almost only thing with should be improved there from Tv viewers aspect imo. But it has happened also sometimes before when there has been live music with some invididual skater.

LadyB

Record Breaker
But I was talking specifically about the hair. Perms are pure 80's. ;)
When you've got naturally wavey hair/locks you don't need a perm, you just grow your hair - as thousands of hippies proved back in the day. Including the actor Treat Williams, whom she beautifuly impersonated.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you've got naturally wavey hair/locks you don't need a perm, you just grow your hair - as thousands of hippies proved back in the day. Including the actor Treat Williams, whom she beautifuly impersonated.

Ah, now that I look him up, I see what you mean.

I've only just realised that I was getting my musicals mixed up. I was thinking of "Hairspray". :palmf: :slink:

That's why I couldn't work out where that look came into it.

And since you're in the same time zone as me, I can't use the excuse that I'm not half awake, because you know it's 3pm! :laugh:

Right, I'll keep an eye out for "Hair". Because it sounds good.

Sorry for my stupidity.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did Saulius put gel on his hair? I feel robbed! :biggrin:

It looks like it.

I was in a play at school once, and we were told to put gel in our hair. I put it on for the dress rehearsal, and I absolutely hated it. It was horrible! I refused to do it for the performances, and have never done it since.

Gel aside, they looked good.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
People are throwing stuff there? Usually it is forbidden during gala.

And once again real 80's clothes.

LadyB

Record Breaker

I've only just realised that I was getting my musicals mixed up. I was thinking of "Hairspray". :palmf: :slink:

Sorry, babe, but they're set in VERY different genres. :palmf:

Right, I'll keep an eye out for "Hair". Because it sounds good.
It's never too late for a history lesson - as you should know ;)
Not sure whether it would be up your alley, but I can only recommend the movie.