Tom Zakrajsek on Nagasu and Aaron | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tom Zakrajsek on Nagasu and Aaron

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Doesn't Max Instagram or whatever these skaters use to post their progress? I can't believe we haven't heard more about his new programs. I know how much he wants to be an Olympian and I'm surprised he's not being followed by a film crew at this point. Maybe he's decided that he wants to keep a low profile until he debuts his new programs....

Max isn't as active on social media like instagram like other skaters are.

musicfan80

Medalist
Doesn't Max Instagram or whatever these skaters use to post their progress? I can't believe we haven't heard more about his new programs. I know how much he wants to be an Olympian and I'm surprised he's not being followed by a film crew at this point. Maybe he's decided that he wants to keep a low profile until he debuts his new programs....

Here is Max's Instagram account (@maxtaaron). It looks like he doesn't post on their too often - or on Twitter, either. He rarely uses Instagram stories - and when he does, it looks like it has been about social activities with friends.

If any of the U.S. men right now have a film crew around them as they are training, I would think that it would be Nathan Chen. He's the apparent only medal hopeful and he got the major media buzz and has been in a lot of the NBC Olympic promos - especially after U.S. Nationals.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Max was always less prolific than others, but we know Mr Mills asked him to post even less often and after that, Max dropped to near-Joshua levels of silence. Which is mildly frustrating! :laugh:

I actually think keeping a low profile is smart. Let everyone work themselves into a frenzy over those kids. Then come onto the scene and knock everyone dead with the element of surprise and remind them forcefully that you're not done yet.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Here is Max's Instagram account (@maxtaaron). It looks like he doesn't post on their too often - or on Twitter, either. He rarely uses Instagram stories - and when he does, it looks like it has been about social activities with friends.

If any of the U.S. men right now have a film crew around them as they are training, I would think that it would be Nathan Chen. He's the apparent only medal hopeful and he got the major media buzz and has been in a lot of the NBC Olympic promos - especially after U.S. Nationals.

I wonder if he asked Tom not to speak about him in that interview he just had with Ted. It's like he's fallen into a vacuum. Did he do any of the summer shows?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if he asked Tom not to speak about him in that interview he just had with Ted. It's like he's fallen into a vacuum. Did he do any of the summer shows?

Yes, he did the Showtime on Ice show and the Jeremy and Lucy benefit show with a new exhibition that was really rather wonderful.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

It is NOT as if Max has fallen into a vacuum.

Max won the individual Aerial Challenge in June. Max also was one of Ryan Bradley's Brawlers, who won the team Aerial Challenge.
As karne mentioned: A couple of weeks ago, Max skated in the benefit show for the Barrett family. (Plus Showtime on Ice a little further back.)
And Max recently was the subject of one of the USFS "Catching Up With Team USA" mini-videos:

It's great that you are a big Max fan. But I wonder whether you ever visit his fan thread -- where we discuss all such news of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

My presumption (and hope) would be that GS has interviewed Max and edited the interview with Tom Z. accordingly. We also will not see any mention of the programs until Max or his team announces; I believe the Jason interview did not appear until after Jason announced Hamilton on his YT channel.

And "near Josh" levels of silence are always frustrating to a skater's loyal fans:drama:

mrrice

Record Breaker
mrrice, please stop being melodramatic.

It is NOT as if Max has fallen into a vacuum.

Max won the individual Aerial Challenge in June. Max also was one of Ryan Bradley's Brawlers, who won the team Aerial Challenge.
As karne mentioned: A couple of weeks ago, Max skated in the benefit show for the Barrett family. (Plus Showtime on Ice a little further back.)
And Max recently was the subject of one of the USFS "Catching Up With Team USA" mini-videos:

It's great that you are a big Max fan. But I wonder whether you ever visit his fan thread -- where we discuss all such news of him.

I'll be perfectly honest....The answer is no. I guess I have only myself to blame for not knowing how Max is doing. There are several skaters that I'm interested in that I still haven't heard much about. Ross Miner is another skater who will likely retire after this season ends and I'd like to know how he is doing as well. The last time I went to Nationals was in 2011 and Ross and Richard Dornbush both skated brilliantly and now that winner Ryan Bradley is retired, I'd like to see Ross have a great season.