Tragedy At Gay Club In Colorado Springs. | Golden Skate

Tragedy At Gay Club In Colorado Springs.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Absolutely Heartbreaking!!! What is going on in our great country? You don't like gay people so, instead of living your own life, you intrude into theirs and Murder Them! I'll never understand this hatred for complete strangers. I have been to this bar and it was so wholesome when you compare it to bars here in California. Colorado Springs is where so many skaters train. I'm just praying none of their coaches were there last night. The Gay scene in the Springs is quite small when you compare it to LA, SF, or SD. A true tragedy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh_-ZpoHj2U

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Heartbreaking indeed. I wish I could have used both the sad and angry emoji for your post.

😢😡😢😡
This is exactly how I feel about this situation. I believe they caught the shooter and I'd like to see him hung in the town square. That's how these maniac's see the world. From an Era that was horrible unless you were a certain type of person. I feel like this scene in Red Dawn, we need to stop crying and take serious action against people like this shooter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITDL53DTJ7I

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am so tired of the hate...I dont know what the situation is in this case, but hatred for anyone who has different sexual preference than others...hatred for anyone who has a different genetic back round than others....hatred for others of a different religion...and yes, even hatred for women's rights and them rising in business and science......I am so tired of seeing this all taught and perpetuated by certain religions and media outlets..and societies...and families....As the song in the musical "South Pacific" says, "You have to be carefully taught to hate." I cant believe I live in a country that doesnt even have an equal rights amendment to the US Constitution. Look at the states that defeated it.

The US is not alone in this hatred, BTW....look at where the World soccer matches are being played out....look at what happened to the Uyghurs.

I just wish I had an answer. In the Washington State Patrol, we had lots of training on what prejudice and sexual harrassment looked like and how it would not be tolerated. And it worked very well in part because any supervisor having direct knowledge of any of this hate going on would be held accountable if THEY didnt report it. I wish there was a way to hold school systems and religions and media accountable.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is exactly how I feel about this situation. I believe they caught the shooter and I'd like to see him hung in the town square. That's how these maniac's see the world. From an Era that was horrible unless you were a certain type of person. I feel like this scene in Red Dawn, we need to stop crying and take serious action against people like this shooter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITDL53DTJ7I
I agree. We have come from an era where the Brits persecuted Alan Turing, who probably saved hundreds of thousands of allied lives, to a much better place legally at least. But there is still much inner rot in our society. And people are mad that justice isnt served in due course. Whether its someone beating up an Asian on a subway, or someone selling fentanyl or a felon caught with a firearm, or this guy. My two biggest disappointments in life are no one listening to MLK say he wanted his children to be known by the content of their character and NOT the color of their skin. And justice against those who cause the most misery being sacrificed for political reasons.

Chhow

Spectator
Every time, such news looks more and more scary for me. I don't understand how this is possible in the modern world. It seems to me that this shooter either had some kind of mental problems (which is most likely), or he had total hatred and aggression in his soul, which he directed at these people. Anyway, I feel sorry for the people in that club, I'm sure they were decent people

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Every time, such news looks more and more scary for me. I don't understand how this is possible in the modern world. It seems to me that this shooter either had some kind of mental problems (which is most likely), or he had total hatred and aggression in his soul, which he directed at these people. Anyway, I feel sorry for the people in that club, I'm sure they were decent people
I dont know my own country anymore, although the US certainly doesnt have a corner on hate. I grew up in the 1950s. It was much more like Japan than today's US in my frame of reference. I wont go into all the bad back then and Japan has some issues but people were basically polite, well mannered, and honest compared to today. Road rage was basically rare. Outside of gang violence, most people in middle American in my frame of reference were unafraid of violent crime. Now someone knifes 4 U of Idaho students to death in their sleep and another person assembles an elaborate plan and shoots into a concert crowd in Las Vegas and another shoots up a night club.....its easy to blame media we have today and that is part of the problem but we have met the enemy and he is us. What happened? :confused:
true.jpg