Top 5 favourites from Skate Canada | Golden Skate

Top 5 favourites from Skate Canada

rain

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

1. RD and FD Gilles/Poirier (actually, this is my absolute favourite, lol)
2. FD Lajoie/Lagha
3. FD Lauriault/le Gac
4. FS Shoma Uno
5. SP Maddie Schizas

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ are we twins... just to make sure I don't copy and paste from your post

1) Piper and Paul both programs.... I was a bit worried after last year's programs... but they came back so strong
2) Lajoie and Lagha FD they show so much speed, flow and power and commitment. I adore them!
3) Shoma SP and LP : I love both programs for him ! WOW !
4) Pink Panther.... enough said
5) Maddie's SP especially her 3lz-3t and of course a special mention to Gabby for her great landmark combo in both programs and her return to competition with a strong showing in the SP.

the lemon award goes to the plastic tube.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
in no particular order…

Young You’s Free and bronze after all the troubles
6 top ice dancers—I didn’t expect it to be so good and loved it
Rizzo’ FS
La/La FS
Daleman’s SP

And absolutely a head, shoulders and ceiling above everything else was Shoma Uno. I am absolutely blown away by his gala number still.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Starr Andrews SP & FS

Keegan Messing SP. Yes, there was a fall, but I thought the program really suited him.

Plazas & Fernandez SP

Fear & Gibson FS

readernick

Medalist
A major highlight for me was Rika's FS. Yes, she left out the harder triples because they would hurt her recovering ankle but in terms of interpretation, it was just lovely. I never thought I would enjoy a Titanic program, but hers is lovely.

Shoma is always a highlight for me. I wasn't sure I liked Stephane's choreo for Shoma at first. However, it is bringing out a refined quality in his skating.

Happy that Starr medalled and the Canadian ladies had strong SPs.

I hated Piper and Paul's programs last year. But, these are great. So that's!

Finally, M/ K have a pretty good FS. I love them but all of their previous programs ( including the SP) have had terrible musical choices IMHO. The FS isn't great but at least it doesn't distract from their good qualities.

Also want to mention Lindsay's beautiful spins Her final spin in particular was fire. And, Chan / Howe who I just 💕 did well. Their SP is wonderful.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
--Shoma everything -- programs, costumes, sportsmanship
--Starr Andrews silver medal
--Miura/Kihara everything -- their joy is contagious
--Deniss V; even tho he struggled here, I really enjoy his skating
--Spencer and Howe's SP

Honorable mention -- the fun, receptive audience

Complaint Dept. -- the Kiss & Cry setup. Really disliked not being able to see the skaters and coaches in the K & C. After all, that's part of the experience, seeing the joy and the tears! Also really disliked the way people were dropping things into the K & C. This was just bad, all the way around.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
In no particular order:

Emily Chan and Spencer Akira Howe's SP
Rika Miura and Ryuichi Kihara's SP and FS
Piper Gilles and Paul Paurier's RD
Shoma Uno FS
Starr Andrews FS

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
A major highlight for me was Rika's FS. Yes, she left out the harder triples because they would hurt her recovering ankle but in terms of interpretation, it was just lovely. I never thought I would enjoy a Titanic program, but hers is lovely.

Shoma is always a highlight for me. I wasn't sure I liked Stephane's choreo for Shoma at first. However, it is bringing out a refined quality in his skating.

Happy that Starr medalled and the Canadian ladies had strong SPs.

I hated Piper and Paul's programs last year. But, these are great. So that's!

Finally, M/ K have a pretty good FS. I love them but all of their previous programs ( including the SP) have had terrible musical choices IMHO. The FS isn't great but at least it doesn't distract from their good qualities.

Also want to mention Lindsay's beautiful spins Her final spin in particular was fire. And, Chan / Howe who I just 💕 did well. Their SP is wonderful.
I thought Lindsay's 'packaging' was far superior this year. Her skating is moving toward refinement and she does have a lot of power in her skating. Everything moved up a notch and I hope she and the other senior ladies keep improving and moving up the rankings ladder.