Trusova and Quads | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

curious

Final Flight
Sasha is fantastic. Of Eteri's juniors I may prefer Alena's skating overrall but I'm in awe of a 13 year old jumping a 4S better than many men. And now she's even doing a 4T. New world order indeed.

The russians the only country really pushing the sport foward.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
The russians the only country really pushing the sport foward.

Rika Kihira is so far the only lady to land 3 x 3As in the same competition and to land 3A-3T (+ the first one to land 8 triples in LP), she also landed 4S and 4T in practice, I'd say she's been pushing the sport for 2 seasons as well ;)
(There's also been quite a few ladies going for quite challenging content in Japanese local competitions lately).

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
this is Rika Kihira slander

asada was pushing her 3a everewhere many years and figure skating stayed where it was, nothing happend

all stays the same - no progress

and kihira's other jumps are weak, she is even more boring than asada.

lucky combo 3a-3t and she is not even in the top 3 at jgpf that's how she is pushing this sport. so this is your words slander here

mirai's also jumping 3a

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
and kihira's other jumps are weak, she is even more boring than asada.
What jumps? She has no edges or URs issues. She did three 3-3s in competition (3A-3T, 3lz-3T, 3F-3T) and by practice videos can also land 3lz-3lo, 3F-3lo and 4S.
She's not technically weak like you seem want to say.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
but internationally, she always makes a mistake when she ups her layout
she can do 3A-3T but then pops her next 3A into a 1A
she can do 3F-3Lo in practice but URs a solo 3F
(both of these things happened at the JGPF)

she also got a ! at the JGPF

now if she proves me wrong, I'll be quite happy :)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
she can do 3F-3Lo in practice but URs a solo 3F
(both of these things happened at the JGPF)

she also got a ! at the JGPF

now if she proves me wrong, I'll be quite happy :)
Like Kostornaya who also got URs calls and a ! this season. Would you call her weak?

In order to do that, she would need to change her layout due to having to repeat one of the quads. Well, I guess that in that case what she could do is:

4S+3T
4S
4T
--
3Lz-3Lo
3F-1Lo-3S
3Lz
2A

Base value 83.26

Now backload all that to the second half and you've got something! :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Still can't believe she can fit a quad in that amount of airtime :O That's some crazy fast rotation.

Usually she has 19/30 frames. This one was 18/30 frames.

But anyway, all 3 of Anna Shcherbakova's 4Ts were 17/30 frames of air time which is the same as a Zagitova triple jump for example. I see that as the minimum for a quad.

Trusova's max rotation speed apparently was 5.8 revolutions per second though I've never measured it that high. Rika Kihira 3A is 5.6 something. Shcherbakova quad was 6.1.

Mirai Nagasu 3A at Olympic teams was 19/30 frames of air time. Rika Kihira 3A is 17/30 frames of air time. Her rotation speed there was around the same as Satoko Miyahara has for her triples, which is just under 5 revolutions per second.

I guess I'll explain the point for saying this all: Trusova's rotation speed is very fast, indeed, though not quite the fastest for a female skater. Her rotation speed still is around 20% faster than that of the fastest senior rotators. Numbers for perspective.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I like the nickname! :dance:

Well, her surname meaning in Russian is much more funnier. Don't ask what it means though :biggrin: (Tarakanova has pretty funny surname too, btw). Therefore russians are much less inclined to give her any extra nicknames - Trusova is enough :)

da96103

Record Breaker
So the skating position in FS will determine who will be the first lady to land a 4T in competition? Scherb or Trus?