United-States
Yes to this!!!!
So wonderful. Took my breath away...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC SN COMMENTARY FOR WTT -- Tanith White and Ryan Bradley did commentary on cable TV. They were SO complimentary of Vanessa and Morgan's skating. Here are their comments for their FS.

Ryan: Spectacular 3Twist -- 3T-2T-2T great unison throughout the combo. And here is the big moment the Throw 4S -- SO close but she just didn't get the free foot out in time, but it is SO important to stay on your feet. But this still has a very high starting point value. Side by side 3S.

Tanith: Vanessa and Morgan won the bronze at Europeans, their first medal at that competition. It was a huge boost to their confidence going into the World Championships. Their coach John Zimmerman pointed out all the fan support they received even during practice sessions at Worlds.

T: I have to wonder if maybe that factored into their mistake-ridden SP performance at Worlds where all of a sudden you realize there are more expectations - you're more accountable, even to the fans. But more importantly, you realize what you are capable of. To come off a major medal at Europeans then wonder if you can do that at Worlds. It must have been a valuable experience at Worlds because they came back very strong in the FS, and they have certainly come back strong at this competition.

R: Beautiful Throw 3F - the final of the high risk elements during this free program.

(Crowd starts going wild during their death spiral and LOVES their final difficult move where he balances her and is going down on one knee)

R: What's so impressive all season long is through the SP and through the FS, they keep you watching. There's not a let down before or after elements. It's constantly in character. Those moments where I feel like I'm watching a free (ice) dance. The transitions are so intricate and they are very committed to the program from start to finish. You have to think that the audience appreciates that. It is a tribute to the spectator, and when the spectator feels like they are a part of something, they're always going to give more support when they have that investment. That's what this year has very consistently been.

T: There is also a lot of support from the fans for this couple for going after the Throw 4S. A lot of other competitors may have watered down their content for this competition, but these two clearly came here to win.

R: And they have improved so many of their technical skills as well. Their program components have improved so much - the jumps look stronger, the twist is so much more powerful, the Throw 4S has improved. You have to think they are getting the miles on that element so they are well prepared in the Olympic season. Even with them getting minuses for a few mistakes, they are getting lots of points with their elements. You have to think they are going to be capable of getting pluses in the GOE which will be a huge point total added on to already impressive scores.

T: All the little transitions really capture your eye and keep your attention - in and out of the lifts, the death spiral, so many lovely moments. Nothing was overlooked. Hopefully they will come away with a lot of confidence...Score of 146.87 - big numbers - season's best. This is what they were hoping to come to Tokyo to do.

Last edited:

fourthdimension

On the Ice
NBC SN COMMENTARY -- Tanith White and Ryan Bradley did commentary on cable TV. They were SO complimentary of Vanessa and Morgan's skating. Here are their comments for their FS.

Ryan: Spectacular 3Twist -- 3T-2T-2T great unison throughout the combo. And here is the big moment the Throw 4S -- SO close but she just didn't get the free foot out in time, but it is SO important to stay on your feet. But this still has a very high starting point value. Side by side 3S.

Tanith: Vanessa and Morgan won the bronze at Europeans, their first medal at that competition. It was a huge boost to their confidence going into the World Championships. Their coach John Zimmerman pointed out all the fan support they received even during practice sessions at Worlds.

T: I have to wonder if maybe that factored into their mistake-ridden SP performance at Worlds where all of a sudden you realize there are more expectations - you're more accountable, even to the fans. But more importantly, you realize what you are capable of. To come off a major medal at Europeans then wonder if you can do that at Worlds. It must have been a valuable experience at Worlds because they came back very strong in the FS, and they have certainly come back strong at this competition.

R: Beautiful Throw 3F - the final of the high risk elements during this free program.

(Crowd starts going wild during their death spiral and LOVES their final difficult move where he balances her and is going down on one knee)

R: What's so impressive all season long is through the SP and through the FS, they keep you watching. There's not a let down before or after elements. It's constantly in character. Those moments where I feel like I'm watching a free (ice) dance. The transitions are so intricate and they are very committed to the program from start to finish. You have to think that the audience appreciates that. It is a tribute to the spectator, and when the spectator feels like they are a part of something, they're always going to give more support when they have that investment. That's what this year has very consistently been.

T: There is also a lot of support from the fans for this couple for going after the Throw 4S. A lot of other competitors may have watered down their content for this competition, but these two clearly came here to win.

R: And they have improved so many of their technical skills as well. Their program components have improved so much - the jumps look stronger, the twist is so much more powerful, the Throw 4S has improved. You have to think they are getting the miles on that element so they are well prepared in the Olympic season. Even with them getting minuses for a few mistakes, they are getting lots of points with their elements. You have to think they are going to be capable of getting pluses in the GOE which will be a huge point total added on to already impressive scores.

T: All the little transitions really capture your eye and keep your attention - in and out of the lifts, the death spiral, so many lovely moments. Nothing was overlooked. Hopefully they will come away with a lot of confidence...Score of 146.87 - big numbers - season's best. This is what they were hoping to come to Tokyo to do.

Thank you for adding this! I loved their programs so much all season and it was great seeing them end with Personal bests across the board. I also laughed when Vanessa said to John Zimmerman coming of the ice, that she was tired and was like 'no, not the lasso, do we have to' and Morgan was like 'yes, do the lasso'. They looked exhausted but happy at the end, which is a great way to end a season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

padme21

On the Ice
They are the only reason I watch pairs! They stand out and I loved both of their programs this season especially their FS!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for adding this! I loved their programs so much all season and it was great seeing them end with Personal bests across the board. I also laughed when Vanessa said to John Zimmerman coming of the ice, that she was tired and was like 'no, not the lasso, do we have to' and Morgan was like 'yes, do the lasso'. They looked exhausted but happy at the end, which is a great way to end a season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are many people who do not have access to this programming, so I decided to add it. I was so impressed with their skate that I couldn't resist. I am so happy to think that I first saw them this season at a Skate America practice. They were struggling a little bit in the beginning of the season, but even then we could see that their programs were impressive. Vanessa was so amazing in practice. She kept taking some really bad tumbles and just kept getting up with this huge smile on her face. So happy for them and for Coach Zimmerman.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was not able to watch the gala for WTT. Did they do that move where she spins around on his head? They did it at Worlds and the whole arena gasped! It was so cool! :rock:

Altie

On the Ice
I was not able to watch the gala for WTT. Did they do that move where she spins around on his head? They did it at Worlds and the whole arena gasped! It was so cool! :rock:

Yes they did, and yes the arena gasped.
Also, they did that move where he makes her head go 5 cm forum the ground at high speed that makes me have a heart attack every time XD

So happy to see they're getting so much love.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I posted upthread in Feb that they got some love from EW for their "Earned It" SP (due to the 50 Shades connection), too. So they managed to get BOTH programs this past season noticed by folks outside of the FS world. That's pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Ok, first a head banger :bang:, then she spins around on his head? :dance2: How amazing are they?! :hap10:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker