Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
well crap, all the decent seatings (= judges side) seem to be gone already, so much for the idea :palmf:
As far as I know, they haven't made any tickets available to the public for the judges' side. Which is not usual for French GP events - tends to be reserved for VIP's, guests, officials, French clubs etc only.

Having said that - if I remember correctly, they did put some on sale for Bordeaux last year, on the judges' side - for the Saturday sessions. But it was quite some time after ticket sales began... and as misfortune would have it, there were no competitions on the Saturday anyway...

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
As far as I know, they haven't made any tickets available to the public for the judges' side. Which is not usual for French GP events - tends to be reserved for VIP's, guests, officials, French clubs etc only.

Having said that - if I remember correctly, they did put some on sale for Bordeaux last year, on the judges' side - for the Saturday sessions. But it was quite some time after ticket sales began... and as misfortune would have it, there were no competitions on the Saturday anyway...

Looked like there were some tickets available further up in the stand, coloured green, BUT when I want to put a ticket in the shopping cart, the option only gives you the "back" side and wouldn't let you choose the judges side.:unsure: And I don't want to sit on the other side where it is like watching a stage performance from behind, unless I can sit right above K&C but at this point I would assume that position would be long gone... :cry:
Ugh I really wanted to go to one of the Challenger events but they often don't announce the entries until a few weeks prior to the competitions and nothing is known about the last three events yet. So I thought I might opt for Paris where everything is already clear, but oh dear, more uncertainty also for this one.. sigh :drama:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I meant not UNusual ^

:-D

Ugh I really wanted to go to one of the Challenger events but they often don't announce the entries until a few weeks prior to the competitions and nothing is known about the last three events yet.
I know, and even when after they did announce them, there may be withdrawals... there have been several high-profile withdrawals from Finlandia (but it's still the best list of competitors of the Challenger series so far, from my point of view :-D)

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looked like there were some tickets available further up in the stand, coloured green, BUT when I want to put a ticket in the shopping cart, the option only gives you the "back" side and wouldn't let you choose the judges side.:unsure: And I don't want to sit on the other side where it is like watching a stage performance from behind, unless I can sit right above K&C but at this point I would assume that position would be long gone... :cry:
Ugh I really wanted to go to one of the Challenger events but they often don't announce the entries until a few weeks prior to the competitions and nothing is known about the last three events yet. So I thought I might opt for Paris where everything is already clear, but oh dear, more uncertainty also for this one.. sigh :drama:

They haven't sold any tickets yet on the judges side, including the nose bleed section. The ends of the rink are not for sale, including the area above the K&C which are colored white on the seating map. And they still have yet to put of seats in certain sections on the side opposite of the judges.

MGstyle

Medalist
I know, and even when after they did announce them, there may be withdrawals... there have been several high-profile withdrawals from Finlandia (but it's still the best list of competitors of the Challenger series so far, from my point of view :-D)
Exactly, last year I was on the verge of nervous breakdown but in the end things worked out for me brilliantly, and it was a great experience, you could just sit wherever you want, move around as you pleased, skaters were relaxed and very accessible, and the tickets cost next to none. But there IS a bit of gamble factor involved of course!!!

RemyRose said:
They haven't sold any tickets yet on the judges side, including the nose bleed section. The ends of the rink are not for sale, including the area above the K&C which are colored white on the seating map. And they still have yet to put of seats in certain sections on the side opposite of the judges.
Well the judges sides look pretty obvious so I just took it for granted, but it looks like there is not much chance for a fussy spectators then? :tantrum: I guess I just have to keep on checking and see if something new pops up...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well the judges sides look pretty obvious so I just took it for granted, but it looks like there is not much chance for a fussy spectators then? :tantrum: I guess I just have to keep on checking and see if something new pops up...

I don't know why they release tickets like this :sad4: Just put up all the available seating and let people pick so they can be done with it already. I'm so tired of checking this site for the section i want, 2 to 3 times a day :curse:

And if they are going to go through the trouble of marking the seats for sale on the judges side, then they really should sell those. Did they do that last year? Otherwise I'm fine with section S or M or the gold section in the middle (I don't think that section went on sale yet) since I will see most of these skaters at Skate America anyway :laugh:

noidont

Final Flight
I feel like trying my luck at the door. I got great seats in EC Bratislava last year from some residence ticket flipper at the door (cheaper than normal price, judge's side and front rows). Back in China no one buys CoC tickets ahead of time or for full price. I can't tell/decide if the French are more or less corrupt tho...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't tell/decide if the French are more or less corrupt tho...

:laugh: Well I would say corrupt if you look at the prices for the Gala. Seriously? 95 euros for gold and 70 for category 1 :scowl:

MGstyle

Medalist
I don't know what others think but if anyone is like me, who consider attending the practice session is one of the greatest fun and joy of going to a live event, catastrophic news. I wrote to the organizers asking about it, because I had doubts about it with all the terrorism scare and all... they told me "all practice sessions are strictly closed to public." :roll5::eekn::tantrum: This is pretty much a nail on the coffin about my idea of going to this event :drama:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I don't know what others think but if anyone is like me, who consider attending the practice session is one of the greatest fun and joy of going to a live event, catastrophic news. I wrote to the organizers asking about it, because I had doubts about it with all the terrorism scare and all... they told me "all practice sessions are strictly closed to public." :roll5::eekn::tantrum: This is pretty much a nail on the coffin about my idea of going to this event :drama:
I don't think that's unusual for GP events in Paris, I have come to expect no access to practices there.

(So I don't think it's anything to do with a terrorism scare...)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This is pretty much a nail on the coffin about my idea of going to this event :drama:
For me, too. I kept hoping for judges' side seats, but it looks that's a no go, and no practices? That's enough to give this one a definite miss then. Shame, but I'm sure I can put the money I save on it to good use some other time. After all, am already entertaining the thought of going to Milano 2018. :drama:

MGstyle

Medalist
I don't think that's unusual for GP events in Paris, I have come to expect no access to practices there.

(So I don't think it's anything to do with a terrorism scare...)

Yes, I also asked a friend who has been to TEB several times and she told me the same. It's a rip-off IMO, practices are open also at Worlds and EC in most cases, but surely the unfortunate events that took place in Paris last year wouldn't help at all if anything were to change..:no:

Barb

Record Breaker
For me, too. I kept hoping for judges' side seats, but it looks that's a no go, and no practices? That's enough to give this one a definite miss then. Shame, but I'm sure I can put the money I save on it to good use some other time. After all, am already entertaining the thought of going to Milano 2018. :drama:

I know, it is terrible, the good news is that you will be in PARIS:hap36:, no Colorado Springs or Detroit (no offense).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I know, it is terrible, the good news is that you will be in PARIS:hap36:, no Colorado Springs or Detroit (no offense).
That would be a perfectly valid argument, but I'm already going there in March, too, so not that desperate to visit the city twice in a few months. ;-)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Front row seats seem to be available for three of the four events. Nothing spectacular although the tickets for the first event seem to be the best. Too bad I already bought my tickets. Very excited to witness this great lineup.

http://billetterie.accorhotelsarena.../381555?_ga=1.107369090.1232333057.1476324497

^^^be sure to click on black "SUR PLAN" button to see available tickets

Just randomly decided to check the site and lucked out. Ended up buying Friday and Saturday afternoon tickets. I could not buy Saturday evening because you are not allowed to leave a seat opened :sarcasm: But 2 out 3 tickets bought :yahoo:

And just like that, I already forgot where I am sitting :rofl:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
More seats went up, in the center of the rink :sarcasm: :laugh:
Just what is the thinking behind releasing seats slowly, over time? Instead of all at once?

It seems to be happening a lot lately, and personally - I don't like it!

No warnings or announcements or plans published... just, you buy seats and then later - better ones go on sale?
Why does it feel like being scammed? >:-(

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Just what is the thinking behind releasing seats slowly, over time? Instead of all at once?

It seems to be happening a lot lately, and personally - I don't like it!

No warnings or announcements or plans published... just, you buy seats and then later - better ones go on sale?
Why does it feel like being scammed? >:-(

Yesway, this is a little off topic, but do you know the rules regarding photos at Trophee Eric Bompbard? Can you use big lenses like 70-200 f 2.8? By the way, I really liked your photos from Finlandia Trophy.