Vincent Zhou | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm with you, @anonymoose_au ! I'm very proud of Vincent. I am double posting.

Well ... he could definitely peak again. It would be very Vincent-like. ❤️ And he was fabulous in vegas. He can do it again.

I agree with @el henry. I think this may help him in the individual skates. Did anyone but me notice that after the first troubles, he gained power and strength in the second half of the program. No URs on the last 3 jumping passes. Only 2 URs in all. I take my glass half full. LOL.

He's such an emotional skater, and that's one of the many things I love about him. I can't wait to see him perform "Vincent" in the indiv. SP!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

casualFSfan

Rinkside
Dear Vincent,

I watched your video and you are right, this will not impact who you are as a person or a skater. You have much to be proud of and as an American, I’m proud that you represent the USA. Your future self will be proud of you, too.

Keep your head up kiddo, this too shall pass. Thank you for speaking so honestly about mental health and for not being afraid of vulnerability. We need more young voices like yours.

Hope you have a speedy recovery 🙏🏻

Congratulations on your silver medal- it is well deserved!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Today Show interviewed him from the Olympics. What a great kid. Hang in there, Vincent!

Interesting vid..... Best wishes to him. 50 percent of all those who are vaxed and boosted and contract the SARS2 virus are asymptomatic. But of course can be turned up with a PCR test and perhaps a rapid antigen test.
"He said Tuesday that the positive test came as a shock because he was asymptomatic up until then and was "99 percent asymptomatic still."

bsfan

On the Ice
I haven’t been a fan of Vincent’s skating. Of course I’m happy for all his achievements. And I appreciate his well educated manner. Today I read from other forum that he was approached by the Chinese government a few years ago to represent the country. His parents turned down the offer politely.

I’m very proud of him and his parents.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I loved Vincent's exhibition gala performance. I read he can't go to the Closing Ceremonies. Is that even true or a rumor? I mean he is no longer infectious right? Such a heartbreaking experience for him to have gone through this whole Olympics.
14 neg. Tests and he cant march in the closing cerimonoes. Isnt that interesting? Vince, I would stand shoulder to shoulder anytime with you.