Wakaba Higuchi | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
...Who's Banri?

Wakaba is rotating 3As in competition now and even landed one with a 3-turn this season. She's never done that before in her career. I think that would indicate that she's in prime physical condition.

Everyone has a different weight at which they operate efficiently - skaters like Midori Ito or Viktoria Volchkova jumped worse after they lost weight. Athletic ability sometimes correlates with having a physique that conforms to a societal ideal of beauty, but not always. If the two aims clash then jumping takes priority because this is a sport, not a catwalk.
I couldn’t even finish reading the article because of the emphasis on weight. Doesn’t this sport have way too much of that already?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wakaba's free skate from Gensan summer cup: https://youtu.be/WJaqtzvEpsk

She looks in great shape. Better than i expected. Her combos looked well controlled, good flow after the landing, especially after the first 3lz-3T. The program is fine, there are more in-betweens. The dress gorgeous.

The low score isn't surprising since she usually score high on GOEs in domestic competitions.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing! I'm excited for her olympic programs, and I agree that she's looking great this pre-season!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Wakaba's 3A at Skate Canada, for which she got 1.14 in GOE.

The FP itself (ISU YouTube channel, geoblocking ahoy).

Love her costume, such a wonderful effect with the layering of colours almost making it glow. As for her performance, I really enjoyed this skate, and her spins and step sequence were so good!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Wakaba-Higuchi-sp-gp-france-21IMG_9872_edit.jpg

Source: https://figureskatersonline.com

Vemvane

On the Ice
Congratulations to Wakaba on her silver medal!

Wakaba and Kaori having fun on the podium.

And video of her Lion King skate at JNats.