Weak leg and on ice balance | Golden Skate

Weak leg and on ice balance

PotatoSkater

Spectator
Despite being right handed I have always been left footed. Because of this, this effects the way I jump and spin. My right leg is significantly weaker than my left on ice in term of balance, and I can comofrtably perform the same jumps/spins off ice on my right leg, I can't seem to do it on ice. This especially effects my spin exits and jump exit glides. How do I fix this?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Despite being right handed I have always been left footed. Because of this, this effects the way I jump and spin. My right leg is significantly weaker than my left on ice in term of balance, and I can comofrtably perform the same jumps/spins off ice on my right leg, I can't seem to do it on ice. This especially effects my spin exits and jump exit glides. How do I fix this?
Do you jump clockwise or counterclockwise?!

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
As a clockwise skater all exits of basic jumps and spins should be on the left foot.

A better way to see how good your balance is on each foot would be doing turns, connecting them into clusters if you are able to do that.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I’d say (from my experience) that if you can do it off ice, but not on, you’re struggling with a mental block just as much as a physical issue.

Also, hi! Also a left footed/right handed person, but I jump and spin counter clockwise, so my forward spins are on my stronger left leg.