Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^That would make sense. D/R were far from the first team to push the technical side of pairs, but they're one of the only ones (in the modern era) to be rewarded for it. Which, in turn, does seem to motivate other pairs. Still, I think the other teams mentioned in your post (+Kavaguti/Smirnov, who've been doing the throw quad for many years and now do two!) should be recognized for their technical prowess more than some media outlets seem to.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm so sad that Sui/Han had to withdrew from GPF :sad21: I was hoping for the win there since a lot of teams are not in their top form yet... Anyway I wish Sui speedy recovery, take care of yourself :)

adelia

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed too. But health is the most important and GPF is after all not as important as Worlds.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Not going to lie when I say that this news almost ruined my morning :palmf: I guess the next time we should hope to see them is at 4cc? Since they often skip Chinese nationals

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Not going to lie when I say that this news almost ruined my morning :palmf: I guess the next time we should hope to see them is at 4cc? Since they often skip Chinese nationals

There's the National Winter Games at the end of January. It happens only every four years in China so usually all the top pairs compete there.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Very sad for hear, i hope she will heal soon and come back stronger and i hope she doesnt feel too bad about withdrawing, but i am sure Han is being great partner and supporting her as usual

s_parks

Record Breaker
Too bad they won't be at gpf, but I'm glad they withdrew. She has had serious injuries in the past and s/z have experienced them as well, so it's good that they are taking extra precaution so that she's healthy and fit to compete long term. Get better, sui!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I'm sad to hear about the withdrawal but its better to be on the safe side. Hope everything goes well for them and they head into worlds with a clean bill of health! Get well soon my queen :luv17:

eta

Medalist
Just found out about this. :sad46:

They are the reason I started to watch Pairs, hope Sui gets better soon!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Her injury is healing well, according to twitter :) Should be in time for 4cc