Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

SleepyShawn

Spectator
they will have 2 new programs in Olympic,
they don't leak any information liked music choices or new difficult elements related to their new programs, but they described it in three terms to the media;The Best In History, The Most Difficult To Skate, The Most Innovative In Style.What's more, They try very hard to make the programs perfectly combine the skating and presentation skills of Ice dance and pairs program,which is something they are dreaming of

So thrilled to hear that! Love these two so much. Just read the article you posted and I think what they meant by "the best in history, the most innovative in style..." is in terms of their own skating history instead of the entire pairs field. I guess I just want to clarify this for them because I know they are a humble and confident couple, but never cocky ;)

Anyone here knows German or French? I found these videos of theirs by chance on YouTube and sounds like these commentators had many good things to say about them :D

Their sp commentated in German:
https://youtu.be/rajiUgdwSMI

Their lp commentated in French:
https://youtu.be/eyGhbzmG1dw

Thanks in advance!

maldoror122

Rinkside
So thrilled to hear that! Love these two so much. Just read the article you posted and I think what they meant by "the best in history, the most innovative in style..." is in terms of their own skating history instead of the entire pairs field. I guess I just want to clarify this for them because I know they are a humble and confident couple, but never cocky ;)

Anyone here knows German or French? I found these videos of theirs by chance on YouTube and sounds like these commentators had many good things to say about them :D

Thanks in advance!

My German isn't that great, so all I got from that is that they found it awesome, so well interpreted, and said it was pairs skating at its best/cleanest? I think one guy also talked about how amazing it was that the Chinese pairs had the same coach (Hongbo Zhao) and I think he called him magic or a wizard or something.

For the French one, the guy (Philippe or Nelson) praised them for their style, and said they were generous, lovable, romantic and moving, and had the technique to go with it too. The woman (Annick) commented on their surprising morphology and praised them highly for their refinement, meticulousness, originality and discoveries (not sure how to translate "trouvaille"). She also loved their great transitions into and out of elements. They all agreed it was fabulous and said at the end of the program everyone should applaud this performance.

Eclair

Medalist

Thanks in advance!

I don't have time to translate now, but the German Eurosport guys were very fair and nice to Sui and Han. I remember that after their LP, before the scores, they said that Aliona and Bruno skated lights out, but it would be no shame to loose to this pair (Sui and Han) as they were phenomenal. :agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
yesterday I got my Royal Chinese fix:laugh:

re-watching their programs at 4CC and Worlds this year made me realize that for me those programs as concepts, 'choreographical products', even being interesting or original themselves alone, are just a series of moves to the music. It's them - their charismatic presence, chemistry, musicality, amazing skill - that makes it all alive, so striking. I think that their maturity beyond their age and so close partnership allows them to focus on more just a clean program skated, because it seems like they easily surpass just a 'pretty, cleanly skated program' range of quality and going for a better and more memorable performance, spectacle each time they are skating in competition...

Both their latest SPs - Spanish Romance and 'Blues for Klook' - are for me more than just programs, re-watching them makes me think about them in terms of short art/theatre forms where the feel, emotion carried through it are equally important as movement, choreography. And it's just fascinating for me how 'bold', expressive their personalities are in a such wide range of programs, different music.

for me, it's that 'more' factor that sets them from rest of the field, there's just that connection I feel watching them, excitement of a performance, knowing their capability to capture things that seem overlooked in pairs skating and to make them so special, so 'theirs'

end of rambling:laugh:

dppai

Rinkside
Han said once, a program that released by choreographer will always be a good product, the difference is how people deliver it. I can imagine his confident face while saying words like this. Of course the confidence is based on hard working day after day.
For "Blues for Klook", They said they deeply confirmed everything of it like frame by frame, but they don't have enough time to do this to "Bridge over troubled water", which was such a pity. ( IMO, both are brilliant and good enough :agree:) But in the coming season, things will be much more exciting since they have plenty of time, we know it for sure what we are going to see, again, how exciting. :yahoo:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yesterday I got my Royal Chinese fix:laugh:

re-watching their programs at 4CC and Worlds this year made me realize that for me those programs as concepts, 'choreographical products', even being interesting or original themselves alone, are just a series of moves to the music. It's them - their charismatic presence, chemistry, musicality, amazing skill - that makes it all alive, so striking. I think that their maturity beyond their age and so close partnership allows them to focus on more just a clean program skated, because it seems like they easily surpass just a 'pretty, cleanly skated program' range of quality and going for a better and more memorable performance, spectacle each time they are skating in competition...

Both their latest SPs - Spanish Romance and 'Blues for Klook' - are for me more than just programs, re-watching them makes me think about them in terms of short art/theatre forms where the feel, emotion carried through it are equally important as movement, choreography. And it's just fascinating for me how 'bold', expressive their personalities are in a such wide range of programs, different music.

for me, it's that 'more' factor that sets them from rest of the field, there's just that connection I feel watching them, excitement of a performance, knowing their capability to capture things that seem overlooked in pairs skating and to make them so special, so 'theirs'

end of rambling:laugh:

rambling? i dont think so, i love reading your posts and how you express your thoughts, how do you find words?! i feel my posts are "empty" whenever i read your posts :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
rambling? i dont think so, i love reading your posts and how you express your thoughts, how do you find words?! i feel my posts are "empty" whenever i read your posts :laugh:

:ghug:, dear matmuh, I'm very flattered:eek::, but all credits have to go for those magnificent, inspirational athletes out there, because their work inspires those sort of posts of mine. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for art, sport and bunch of different things and all of that results in those often overlong posts, usually with no technical merit (of which I'm often annoyed for myself:laugh:), but with the spirit I feel watching skaters. Well, words are just appearing I guess...It can be one comparison, one description, phrase that popped in my head in a moment and I could got a lenghty post about it. It's just me - I remember that my papers were usually one of the best in high school, but ALWAYS my teacher would say that if I wrote another 9-10 page essay, she would not grade it at all:laugh:

apologies for off-topic!

thinking recently about this marvelous last Pairs season, it got to me that not only skaters got better themselves, not only elements seemed more polished, but the relatively new thing was that there were so many great material out there, showcasing those great strenghts of teams. There were programs designed not only to put out there a spectacular skate, but also an engaging, memorable performance and with Wenjing and Cong I felt even more - for me, both programs were kind of 'celebratory' due to fighting off the biggest scare of their career just less than a year ago and being so strong after that.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thinking recently about this marvelous last Pairs season, it got to me that not only skaters got better themselves, not only elements seemed more polished, but the relatively new thing was that there were so many great material out there, showcasing those great strenghts of teams. There were programs designed not only to put out there a spectacular skate, but also an engaging, memorable performance and with Wenjing and Cong I felt even more - for me, both programs were kind of 'celebratory' due to fighting off the biggest scare of their career just less than a year ago and being so strong after that.

SO many heartfelt performances from the pairs at Worlds. And the practices were as enthralling as the competitions! Everyone really brought their A-game. Dare we hope next year will be as awesome?

Always enjoy your posts, NoNameFace! :thank:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
SO many heartfelt performances from the pairs at Worlds. And the practices were as enthralling as the competitions! Everyone really brought their A-game. Dare we hope next year will be as awesome?

Always enjoy your posts, NoNameFace! :thank:

:ghug:, thanks Arriba, likewise to Your posts! Always supportive and enthusiastic towards so many teams/skaters

about Worlds and Pairs - a true envy about being able to witness live such competition! And our Royal Couple in action, I'd give A LOT to see that SP live :love:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
about Worlds and Pairs - a true envy about being able to witness live such competition! And our Royal Couple in action, I'd give A LOT to see that SP live :love:

The pairs were really phenomenal. It was a privilege to be there! If they can all stay healthy for the 2017-2018 season, we are going to be in for a big treat.

s_parks

Record Breaker
They got the best possible assignments. Won't have to travel outside east asia until worlds, lol.

madforskating

On the Ice
They got the Cup of China and NHK.

These are great for them! They'll probably win COC easily over Yu/Zhang. At NHK they'll face Stolbova/Klimov, Seguin/Bilodeau, and the Knierims, but they can beat them all if clean or close to clean. Things are looking good for them!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Not a fan of going to back-to-back events, but at least they're both in Asia! And I always love it when my faves get to skate in Japan in general :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The newest issue of International Figure Skating magazine published a Top 20 highlights of skaters who challenged themselves and, in turn, others; skaters who rose to the top of their game and the brave ones that soldiered on when the going got tough. Sui and Han were chosen, and they were listed in the "TRUE GRIT" category. Here are a few of the comments about them.

Looking far more polished and mature than the previous season, the Chinese team made a triumphant return at Four Continents in February. At Worlds, they skated off with the title -- the first for China in seven years. 4CC and Worlds were their only two events of the season. But their solid performances at these two competitions were a testament to their individual and collective determination and fortitude to rise above the setback (of injury) and come back stronger than ever.

musicfan80

Medalist
Wenjing is GORGEOUS!!! And Cong is pretty handsome as well!!!

I really like the second photo because it highlights how athletic and muscular both of them are!!! :yes:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I HAVE NO WORDS :love: 1st picture is everything :luv17:

thanks a lot matmuh for posting those A-MA-ZING photos!!!

the first one is indeed a work of photography art - personally, I love the simplicity and powerfulness of black&white photos, for me the simpler surroundings/costumes/poses are, the more I can appreciate the raw beauty of the person being photographed. This one is no exception - the picture is looking very effortless, yet it is sensual, alluring and shows off Wenjing's beauty in a very classy, artful way. While I'm looking at both b&w pictures, I'm taking them all in as a whole, not focusing on face, arms, legs etc., because those shots are focused on them as a people - a beautiful ones, with athletic bodies honed to perfection and souls/minds so dedicated to the sport - and don't just 'enhance' a single part of theier bodies, nor expression.

great photos, even greater subjects:love:, can't wait for their programs reveal and season to begin!!