What next big competition are we excited for? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What next big competition are we excited for?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
after all the nationals, I'm interested in Europeans too.
Will Javi make it 3 years in a row? I think he can. --and what about Vornov and Menshov? Make us proud Russian Uncles! :biggrin:
Kovtun, will he get on the podium?
I've not been into his skating style, but when looking at his LP there are some nice moments of foot work and choreography at the end. He just needs to lift his head up and project outward to the judges and the audience. Look at his EX...he has the ability to sell a program...why, oh why did they give him two such mournful or serious bits of music? -Though I really like muse.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's nationals season so I'm all about the ladies' event at the various national championships.

I'm most looking forward to the ladies' event at Russian nationals. Word is Adelina Sotnikova is officially out which means there will be a new champion crowned this year. Competition is going to be very fierce b/w Elena and Liza T. They are neck-and-neck this season with Liza T taking a slight lead with winning the Final. I do think if she skates cleanly it's hers to lose, but she has to be clean. If she makes one mistake Elena could snatch the title away from her. Then there's Julia...if by chance she wakes up and nails both programs she could win the whole thing too. Also we've got Alena, Anna, the junior girls...it's going to be a mad house!

I used to really look forward to the Japanese ladies but with Mao and Akiko gone, that event has lost a lot of its appeal. Still, I'm interested to see if Kanako can finally become national champion or if Satoko will grab the title.

And of course, I'm excited to see what's going to happen at US nationals this year. There's a great story line brewing there with Gracie coming off of an injury and defending her title for the first time...then there's Ashley who stepped up her game and defied the odds by medaling at the GPF. If Ashley hits and Gracie falters, she could regain her title. Plus the rest of the US skaters (Mirai, Samantha, Courtney, debut of Karen Chen)...lots to watch there too.

I can't wait! :popcorn:

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Definitely Russian Ladies and USA Men, because I have my favourite ones and I want to see them at Worlds (and 4CC).

Japanese Men is another big one for me, but this year just a little less stressful because Yuzuru is almost locked for Words, so I will root for Machida and Uno :cheer: