Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
1. Eunsoo's SP
2. Kihira Rika's FS
3. Peng/Jin SP
4. Fear/Gibson FD
5. Hawayek/Baker FD

Honorable mentions: Hawayek/Baker's gala, Alena Leonova's SP, Mihara Mai's FS, Mariah Bell's FS
Dishonorable mentions: The tech panel who gave a ! to a clean lutz, Kevin Reynolds Zayaking during his SP, every pop during the men's FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
Have not watched the gala. That being said:

1) The ladies/the women/the queen/the badasses: everyone brought it and I loved every minute! :hap93:

2) Hawayek/Baker winning their first GP: most satisfying victory I've experienced in quite a while. My babies are finally getting some recognition! I enjoyed both programs--they just need more time. Jean Luc's skating and Kaitlin's acting :love:

3) Satoko Miyahara's FP: I wasn't absolutely sold at the beginning of the season, but this performance sealed it. This is a PROGRAM in the best sense of the word. I see new details and nuances every time I watch. :clap:

4) Fear/Gibson FP: That was so unexpected and so awesome! They can fix some rough spots and dance closer but the choreography and their energy and charisma perfectly captures the 70s. A triumph in every way. :bow:

5) Dmitri Alievs FP: You know you've totally captured me when you can completely mess up your jumps and do insane things like run in place and I still love your program. Dima's quality of movement and commitment to his music is superb. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the jumps improve. :pray:

Honorable mentions: Mariah, Eunsoo, Mai, Alena's costume and 90s skating in the free, Rika!

Last edited:

cake

On the Ice
1) Ladies freeskate in general, what a competiton :bow:

2) Satoko Miyahara FS, wonderful

3) Fear/Gibson FD, they rock! :cheer:

4) Peng/Jin SP

5) Matteo Rizzo making the podium and grandpa Voronov striking again (otherwise I´m prepared to forget men´s competition)

Honorable mention: Mens victory ceremony. Voronov getting excited about Arakawa and Shoma Uno adorably struggling with throphy and flowers. I can´t remember having ever seen Uno smiling so much.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. Kihira FS
2. Fear/Gibson FD
3. Zahorski/Guerreiro RD
4. Tuktamysheva SP
5. Miyahara SP

Fluture

Record Breaker
1. Rika Kihira‘s FS
I don‘t think I have to explain that one. :biggrin: The girl‘s a fighter and has insanely difficult jumps + artistry. Exactly what figure skating should look like!

2. Eunsoo Lim‘s SP
That girl is magical. Even though pressure got to her in the FS you could see in the SP that she has the certain it-factor you either have or don‘t.

3. Satoko Miyahara‘s SP/FS
It‘s a tie because I can‘t decide. I actually like her SP more but to skate like that in the FS after having seen Liza and Rika being literally perfect is amazing and just admirable. Satoko is just wonderful anyway. I‘m glad Rika has her as a training partner because the two of them seem to be great inspirations to each other.

4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva SP:
That 3A... :luv17: The empress!

5. Mariah Bell‘s FS:
Her genuine reaction after having skated perfectly was so wonderful to watch. She‘s a favorite of mine because she always performs with so much joy and emotion and it honestly gives me chills. So proud of her for that amazing FS and a 4th place finish in such a deep field!

I think it shows that I only watched ladies and man. :laugh2: Men overall didn‘t impress. Uncle Sergei was nice and Shoma quite good but other than that the ladies event was just so much better in every possible way.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
1. Deniss Ex (because I am a Fangirl of his and well it was truely amazing)

2. Rika FS

3. Liza FS

4. Shoma everything, (because he’s so adorable, especially with facepaint)

5. Deniss yellow pants ;)

(I only follow Men and Ladies)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Top 5

1. Deniss ex and his SP yellow pants
2. Mai Mihara sp
3. Mariah Bell FP
4. Rika FP
5. Voronov sp

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
1. Rika Kihira‘s FS
I don‘t think I have to explain that one. :biggrin: The girl‘s a fighter and has insanely difficult jumps + artistry. Exactly what figure skating should look like!

2. Eunsoo Lim‘s SP
That girl is magical. Even though pressure got to her in the FS you could see in the SP that she has the certain it-factor you either have or don‘t.

3. Satoko Miyahara‘s SP/FS
It‘s a tie because I can‘t decide. I actually like her SP more but to skate like that in the FS after having seen Liza and Rika being literally perfect is amazing and just admirable. Satoko is just wonderful anyway. I‘m glad Rika has her as a training partner because the two of them seem to be great inspirations to each other.

4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva SP:
That 3A... :luv17: The empress!

5. Mariah Bell‘s FS:
Her genuine reaction after having skated perfectly was so wonderful to watch. She‘s a favorite of mine because she always performs with so much joy and emotion and it honestly gives me chills. So proud of her for that amazing FS and a 4th place finish in such a deep field!

I think it shows that I only watched ladies and man. :laugh2: Men overall didn‘t impress. Uncle Sergei was nice and Shoma quite good but other than that the ladies event was just so much better in every possible way.

I was here to do almost the same post :biggrin:

To me, the ladies event has just strike everything else, this time.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Hawayek & Baker FD: just verklempt, they did it:hap10:
2. Fear & Gibson FD: :dance3:
3. Scimeca-Knierim & Knierim FS: because I want them back on track :clap:
4. Deniss gala: because I :luv17: him
5. Yellow pants:laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
in no particular order:

Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT sp (i'm partial to medieval knights and ladies fighting)

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA 3a in sp

Sergei VORONOV sp and fs

Rika KIHIRA 3A- 3T + 8 triples program

Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON fd

honorable mention: austin powers :biggrin: and shoma ainu/maori/anything tribal :biggrin:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sergei Voronov, just the entire package, but in particular his passion after the SP
Liza Tuktamysheva - what a lady!!!
The entire Ladies event, which was breathtakingly good.
Tiffany and Jonathan, well done to them.