Which skater (past or present)are you most like ? | Golden Skate

Which skater (past or present)are you most like ?

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
I’m not sure this could be a popular thread or if there is one already, if so, my apologies as I didn’t know. There are often celebrities that one sees characteristic similar to themselves. I’m curious to see if there’s anyone else who has ever thought when they see a skater compete, or during an exhibition, or interviews that they think “that would be me!”.

You can choose more than one skater (combos of female and male are welcomed and not judged...lol.) and which program they did that made you think that.

For me, I will keep it to skaters who competed in the 2017/2018 season as there are too many past programs I’ve saw myself in. Lol.

For me:
Artistry: deniss vasiljevs (2018 WC LP)
Athleticism: Nathan Chen
Kiss and Cry reaction: Kazuki Tomono (2018 WC LP) and Wakaba Higuchi (2018 WC LP)

Costume: Vincent Zhou SP
Program: Boyang Jin SP

Now share what are yours :)

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Evgenia. Not exactly because of a program but some interviews and her fearless attitude. I'm also the same age as her (she’s actually one week older lol)

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
That’s a valid reason lol. And I also enjoy Evgenia even more after this season. I look forward to her upcoming season.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
What I would like to be: fearless, optimistic and full of energy like Aljona
what am I more like: "morning-begins-at-noon" and "applying-for-work-visa-to-China?-nah-there's-lots-of-time" Javi :biggrin: (of course, he trains as hard as any other skater, it's just so funny how some parts of his relaxed and laid-back personality shine through)
Oh, and definitely sharing wardrobe with Anna Cappellini :love:

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I relate to Alina a lot. She’s quite shy but very humble, and I did a lot of ballet when I was younger so I saw myself in her with her 2017-18 programs. I also relate to Alena and her delicate nature.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Plushy...Without question. The way skates, the way he talks, the way he's chosen to go into coaching after his competitive career ended.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
These aren’t programs but - I relate to Alina quite a lot, in terms of her shy and humbleness and the ballet part (like IceBallerina) but I also feel like Sasha Trusova and I have similar facial expressions. And I relate to Anna Shcherbakova’s smol bean-ness and shyness (I also see myself in her new SP)[emoji1][emoji23]

Elana

On the Ice
Alena Kostornaia
She has a delicateness and fierceness about her that I noticed right away and immediately connected to. But then I read an interview she did, it was on Instagram so I’m gonna try to find it somewhere, and many of her answers literally described me, it was crazy reading it and seeing how alike we are. She also loves science and wants to be a neurosurgeon which I also do :)

Adding this now as I found the interview: https://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3433-alena-kostornaya-mne-ochen-khochetsya-stat-nejrokhirurgom.html

The way she answered this question summed me up perfectly and that was the moment I realized how similar we were :luv17:

"- Adult reasoning. What do you think, what kind of person are you?

- Difficult. To communicate with me, you need a lot of patience, because I do not immediately get used to people, open up. I need to first look, understand. I'm not one of those who will immediately come up, say: "Hello" and start to communicate. I'll first see how a man behaves, what he does and only then will I talk to him. It's just that not everyone understands. They think I'm arrogant. But this is not really the case."

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ksenia Stolbova. Unfortunately not with regard to her beautiful looks.... But she is fiery and can be temperamental and most of all, does what she wants to do and sometimes swims against the tide.
Piper Gilles, she also does her own thing...and she likes a drink. :agree:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hm. That‘s a difficult question. We don‘t really know that much about a skater‘s personality but... I relate to Yulia Lipnitskaya a lot. She always seemed like a more private person to me who isn‘t willing to share a lot about her personal life and feelings with just anybody. I remember an interview with Averbukh just after the Olympics (I think it was in a documentary her... the story of Yulia Lipnitskaya or something like that) and he said that it takes some time for her to warm up to people, that it isn’t always easy for her to let them in. And suddenly all eyes were on her and she did look like it made her uncomfortable. I‘m like that, too. I enjoy working completely alone or with just a few people I trust, more than with a bunch of them all looking at me and judging what I‘m doing. But she also always seemed true to herself, in interviews or when she was declining to give them. :biggrin: She wasn‘t like like the ”typical” figure skater, more blunt, not as girly, very honest.

In terms of humour, I‘m a bit like Medvedeva. I always loved her sarcasm.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Johnny Weir. 24/7 glamour, never enough sparkles and colourful metaphors, and don't you dare try to drag me into any politics/activism; just let me do my job in peace. :biggrin:

Ulrica

On the Ice
Personality wise maybe Shoma Uno, I'm always kind of lost, forget things easily and I am in a constant state of sleepiness, also he seems kind of shy? and I am a very introverted person, I also share Evgenia's kind of dry, sarcastic humor.
As for Programs, I think I can see myself skating to something like Nathan's Nemesis (only program of him that I enjoy and that song is awesome) and Yuzu's Hope and Legacy. For exhibitions I would do something very lyrical and romantic ala Notte Stelatta.
For costumes, Ashley Wagner's costumes are totally something I would wear, in black.
Skating to Nemesis with a killer choreography sequence and wearing Ashley's Sweet Dreams dress in all black is my aesthetic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Duhamel : "passion" for TES ticker :) and her very outspoken no non-sense attitude

Chan : attention to details, artistry based on very solid technical assets.... costumes

Phan : goofy, happy teenager

Shoma : drinking at home alone LOL