Record Breaker
So far AFAIK:

Mrs. P (hehe)
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates

There are others on the other thread, I'll edit and add them to the list.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So far:
Men:
Nathan Chen
Vincent Zhou
Jason Brown
Ross Miner
Grant Hochstein
Alexei Krasnozhon
Andrew Torgashev
Max Aaron
Adam Rippon
(9 spots TBD) ....

Camden Pulkinen also has a bye to Nats b/c he qualified for JGPF.

But I don't know whether he will be a Senior or Junior in San Jose?

On the intended topic of the thread: tis within the realm of possibility that I will be able to attend some of Nats.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Updating the attendee list:

Mrs. P
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates
ruffledgrouse
temadd

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I will be there from January 2nd (though I'm not sure I'll make it to any of the events, that's the day I fly down) through January 7th. I will head for the airport after the Free Dance. Would love to meet up!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'll be there! Coming in the 31st so I have time for practices, junior events, and visiting some friends in the area.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'll be attending. My flight gets into San Jose late on Saturday 12/30 and I'll be at SAP from first practices thru the end on Sunday. I fly home on Monday Jan. 8.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BTW, a short personal note. I will be on an extended vacation in 10 days, without internet, and will only return 8 days before I leave for SJ. What every you folks decide on how to recognized each other (wearing a small piece of yellow ribbon or a pumpkin colored T-shirt) is ok with me. Also ditto with the get togethers. MFarone will know how to intermittantly get ahold of me. I will be bumbling around the area looking for things to do on New Years eve and day besides skating wearing a yellow motorcycle jacket if its cool. I do want to see some skating over at the Solar4 which is a 3 mile cab/Uber ride away. Wish we knew when we shall obtain entrance to the SAP center for practice but they will probably wait for quite awhile before releasing that.

Chris who doesnt stay up to midnight.
(Or as Andy says, "Dont get him wet, or feed him after midnight!")

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Updated GS attendee list based on this thread and the other US Nats thread. Let me know if I need to add you!

Mrs. P
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates
ruffledgrouse
temadd
nguyhm
Hyena
MFarone
mirai4life
Ravyn Rant
TanithandBenFan
b-man
Arriba627
KatGrace1625
Skating Gator
icejo
Ruffles78
SkateJuipter
Sjs5572
gravy (?)
ice coverage - maybe?

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Updated GS attendee list based on this thread and the other US Nats thread. Let me know if I need to add you!

Mrs. P
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates
ruffledgrouse
temadd
nguyhm
Hyena
MFarone
mirai4life
Ravyn Rant
TanithandBenFan
b-man
Arriba627
KatGrace1625
Skating Gator
icejo
Ruffles78
SkateJuipter
Sjs5572
gravy (?)
ice coverage - maybe?

Wow! That is way cool! I am gonna have to make a list of y'all and I hope to meet up with you and put a name and face to a handle.
Meanwhile, I want you all to work on pressuring ice coverage to show up! ;)
I know Mrs. P, b-man and MFarone and I think we need a Mirai fan club in this group so we can all get a pic with her together.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So do we want to try and set up a meet up? Some of you have been to the San Jose arena before, and now we know times of events?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So do we want to try and set up a meet up? Some of you have been to the San Jose arena before, and now we know times of events?

Definitely!

The main opportunities I think
* Brunch/lunch prior to Short Dance at 1 p.m.
* Breakfast prior to Pairs Free at 11:45 a.m. Saturday (Sunday probably would not work since the start time for FD is earlier and several people are going to probably attend the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, including possibly me if I decide to join)
* Late dinner/happy hour (8 p.m. ish?) after Men's and Ladies' free skates on Friday or Saturday
* Dinner/meet-up Sunday between Free Dance and exhibition.

We can do what I did at 2016 Worlds which is arrange a few choices -- we did a pizza dinner one night and brunch another day. We also used the Slack app to set up informal gatherings, so I ended up meeting up with people several times.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Definitely!

The main opportunities I think
* Brunch/lunch prior to Short Dance at 1 p.m.
* Breakfast prior to Pairs Free at 11:45 a.m. Saturday (Sunday probably would not work since the start time for FD is earlier and several people are going to probably attend the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, including possibly me if I decide to join)
* Late dinner/happy hour (8 p.m. ish?) after Men's and Ladies' free skates on Friday or Saturday
* Dinner/meet-up Sunday between Free Dance and exhibition.

We can do what I did at 2016 Worlds which is arrange a few choices -- we did a pizza dinner one night and brunch another day. We also used the Slack app to set up informal gatherings, so I ended up meeting up with people several times.

Count me out on the late night stuff...but I would be open to the first two options. See PM reference FOFS breakfast.
There is a nice whole foods store/eatery with pleanty of outdoor seating next to the arena and it MAY have a brewing company in it.
For those that dont mind a bit of a walk, there is a Vietnamese eatery to the east as well as an Irish pub and a Greek place, et al.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I leave directly after the Free Dance on Sunday and head for Anaheim, but all other options I'm game for!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I leave directly after the Free Dance on Sunday and head for Anaheim, but all other options I'm game for!

You are going to check out the Honda Center for Four Conts! Bless you heart. I will look forward to your hotel and eatery reccommendations! :rofl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey for those of you who are looking at single ticket purchases. Travelzoo has an amazing deal for tickets for the junior events, senior SP/SD and the exhibition. I basically purchased the Men's SP and Short Dance for the same price I would have purhcaesd the Men's SP ticket alone (when factoring in fees and such)

Here's the link: https://www.travelzoo.com/entertain...ships-in-San-Jose-2551786/?conf=1&cm=signedin

There's a bunch of tickets available in Section 127, row 9, if any of you want to sit near yours truly during those two events. :) (I'm also in section 124, row 14 if you want to sit near me for the free skates!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You are going to check out the Honda Center for Four Conts! Bless you heart. I will look forward to your hotel and eatery reccommendations! :rofl:

No way man! I am too selfish! I dont get to go to 4conts so you all are on your own! :laugh: