Would You Rather... | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Would You Rather...

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Would you rather take a business video meeting at late night or very early in the morning?
Morning when I'm still not so exhausted yet haha

If you had to work from home, would you rather wear your pyjamas/home clothes or dress in your work attire?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Oh, I can't function in the morning. SO thankful all my off ice and on ice practices are either late morning, or afternoon. It's now midnight and 40 minutes here and I just got out a business meeting. I'm very sharp and efficient at this time. I will absolutely not schedule anything as boring as my work for the morning.I adore skating but would only skate in the morning or even worse, in the early morning if really absolutely necessary.

I do work from home and I wear pajamas while I am at home at all times. I come back home, I take a shower, I put my pajamas on, no matter what time it is. And I have meetings with my team wear my Sanrio pajamas (which they love). If it's a business meeting with another company, I then change and put on a jacket/hoodie with the logo of my company, or a T shirt with the logo of my company (but the bottoms are still my pajama pants). I'm an engineer, work in tech, we don't do formalities or formal attire, thankfully.

Would you rather live alone or live with another person?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Live with another person

WYR be without your phone or tablet/computer for a day?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WYR be without your phone or tablet/computer for a day?

I've never had a mobile phone or a tablet, so that is an easy one for me to answer.

📱 Mobiles being used around me give me really bad headaches, so I have understandably never wanted one. And seeing people (like my Dad) looking down at a tiny screen and tapping on it for most of the day, I really don't understand the attraction anyway. At least a tablet has a bigger screen so that you can see things better. But, I wouldn't want one of them either. I HATE touchscreens. They just don't agree with me. (e.g. Our last printer had a touchscreen, and I had awful bother trying to work it. Thank goodness our current one doesn't).

Give me a 💻 laptop with a bigger screen and proper buttons over a tablet or mobile any day!

The 🖥️ computer, though, that's another matter. With all the things that it is used for at home, it would be inconvenient to be without it for a day. That said, when I am away out for the day or am on holidays, I can manage without it no bother. I like being cut off from the world when I am away.

So, to answer the question, although I would rather not be without the computer for a day, I could do it.

I'm an oddity, though. Consequently, I will not move this topic on with a new question, but will leave it open so that somebody that is normal can answer.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Uhoh, I came to play but perhaps I’m not good for this question either, since you take 1 MacBook away from me, I still have other 2 (work Macs), 1 personal MacBook and one Windows personal laptop (I hate windows but I have one device just in case). I have one IPad but don’t have much use for it.
If my husband or coach get ahold of me, it goes to my iPhone, so I always have it with me.

I guess I’ll choose being without the iPad since it’s the device I use the least.

Would you rather give up eating bread or give up eating dessert?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Give up bread. I want my cannoli & Key Lime Pie!

WYR wear glasses or contacts (assuming you need either one of them)?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Contacts. I can’t imagine practicing with anything on my face and even during life outside the rink, I can’t tolerate anything on my face besides the occasional makeup.

Would you rather watch all episodes of a series at once, or one episode each week?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Contacts. I can’t imagine practicing with anything on my face and even during life outside the rink, I can’t tolerate anything on my face besides the occasional makeup.

Would you rather watch all episodes of a series at once, or one episode each week?
I'm not the type of person who binge-watches shows. I just don't understand how people spend so much time watching TV (although I love watching live figure skating competitions...😂)! I'd much rather watch one episode per week of a show.

Would you rather get an autograph from your favorite skater or a selfie with them?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
When I am interested in watching a series, I schedule to watch it during my weekly vacation from the rink (when I also rest from all other off ice activities and don't do anything all day besides maybe stretch a little while watching TV)), so yes, albeit only once a week and once in a while, I will watch the series from the time I wake up until I fall asleep. I have zero patience to wait a whole week to know what happens next during a series.

I went to Tallinn with the intention of having my favorite skater sign a photo of hers I had and also take a photo with her, but once I had her live in front of me I froze, couldn't stop smiling and complimenting her with my out of practice rusty Russian language abilities, and thinking how that giggling cute teenager could be such a magnificent skater, all I managed was to hand her the photo and have her sign it (I was alone).. it was only 2 or 3 minutes and it was only several minutes after she went away that I suddenly realized I hadn't taken the photo. To answer the question, I rather have the photo, but it didn't happen :(

Your coach killed you with a VERY demanding practice, much more than the usual and now your leg muscles are extremely sore the next day. Would you rather just take a hot bath and go to bed, give the muscles a total rest, or do active recovery as in light exercise and stretching to keep them moving while they heal and the pain goes away?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Rollercoaster 100% I like speed and adrenaline

Would you rather skate on a Pattern 99 Rev or Matrix Supreme?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We speak Estonian here 😊
Language related to Finnish but still a bit different. Would love to see you at our competitions! 😊
Of course! Duh! I am having to slap my forehead again. My apologies. Talinn is a city that very much intrigues me, from the photos I've seen, and the comments I've read from some of my favorite skaters who enjoyed competing there and enjoying walks and the city.