Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin

veneresplende

Rinkside
Hi everyone. I love yu/jin a lot but I haven't kept up with the thread in a while so I don't know what's going on, but are they guaranteed a spot on the world's team? Did Hao Zhang and his partner really break up? Thanks in advance.

Pretty much, after all they qualified for the GPF ahead of Peng/Zhang and also did better at their GP assignments. It makes the most logical sense to put them on the team. Also, Jin Yang mentioned 4CC/Worlds in the interview I translated so I would say yes, they are going to be there. As far as I know, P/Z are still a pair. He is slowly getting back into training after taking some time off for his injury. Cheng has gone back to Harbin to train with Luan Bo's group for now. There were rumors going around because it is a bit strange that they aren't even in the same city anymore.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Pretty much, after all they qualified for the GPF ahead of Peng/Zhang and also did better at their GP assignments. It makes the most logical sense to put them on the team. Also, Jin Yang mentioned 4CC/Worlds in the interview I translated so I would say yes, they are going to be there. As far as I know, P/Z are still a pair. He is slowly getting back into training after taking some time off for his injury. Cheng has gone back to Harbin to train with Luan Bo's group for now. There were rumors going around because it is a bit strange that they aren't even in the same city anymore.

Thank you!

MIM

Medalist
Uploaded their SP from the Chinese National Winter Games.

2A 2ft, 3Tw, 3STh

36.26 TES+30.68 PCS, 1st Place, Junior Pairs

Follow fyeahchinesepairs for news, info, photos, and videos from the competition!

Thank you! I posted a news article translation a few minutes ago so check it out!

Thank you veneresplende!
Y/J is beautiful and their 3S Throw is so huge!!! I respect their decision on the quad throw. Xiaoyu just came back from an injury. No need to rush!
There were some parts they were out of sync in STSQ, but they have enough time to gel and polish before 4CCs and WD. Always love their ending pose:love:

ginsengtea

Rinkside

ahkeekee

Medalist
She's been injured and was out for a month, before the competition she had only a week to train and try to get her elements back.
Thanks for your info, and i also actually thought she also looked more tired this season as a whole as compared to the last?

veneresplende

Rinkside
Thanks for your info, and i also actually thought she also looked more tired this season as a whole as compared to the last?
I wouldn't say that she looks more tired. They've been more inconsistent this season because they've been trying to do the quad throw and it's not been working out. The stress associated with that could also be a factor, the throw doesn't look quite ready yet, plus the freak injury couldn't have helped. They could also be weary of skating the same programs for so long.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
They won the Bronze at 4cc!!
Congrats to them. I love that program. :luv17:

ahkeekee

Medalist
They did well to recover from Yu's injury before, hope to see their throw quads work out soon, and their sbs jumps (toe loops)

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Some videos from 4CC 2016:

A quote from an article on the ISU site:

Yu/Jin’s program to “Humility and Love” included a triple twist, throw triple Salchow and difficult lifts, but she fell on the throw triple loop. The two-time World Junior Champions scored 122.34 points and moved up from fourth to claim the bronze in their debut at the ISU Four Continents Championships with 187.33 points. “There were some mistakes and the jumps affected the flow. Also the speed was affected after the fall. We will go back and try our best to prepare for the World Championship. My partner was injured and then she got sick we were behind in our preparation”, Jin explained.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Someone uploaded the Small Medal Ceremony for the 4CC Pairs!

Here is a link to a transcription :)

This is a fun soundbite:
Q: What do you think of the overall attractiveness of your partner?

Xiaoyu: My partner always supports me [the rest of her sentence I can’t really make out but she probably said a lot of nice things]

Jin Yang: She’s right.

[She slaps his arm and everyone laughs]

Jin Yang: Actually, Xiaoyu in training is really staunch and strong and after returning from the injury and sickness she’s remained very strong. She puts in a lot of effort and is really focused on whatever she’s doing. And she’s very pretty.