Young You | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Young You

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Young You for winning her 5th Korean National championship with two marvelous performances landing two triple axels and doing so at her relatively tall height and stately presence at 5 feet 5 inches is remarkable to watch. It is such an inspirational comeback from last Nationals after facing such adversity with over a month long interruption in her training due to the long quarantines she faced during her travels from North America, Japan and South Korea. What impresses me most about Young You is the beautiful flow, picturesque air position, symmetrical rotation, and lovely extension she carries through her jumps, for example the memorable facial expression and pose she makes with her hand on exit to her triple loop. She also has expansive rink coverage, excellent straight line speed and wonderful positions in her Spread Eagle, Biellmann, Ina Bauer and Arabesque spiral. I certainly hope she skates great at the Olympics. She is one of my favorites and exciting to watch.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Young You for winning her 5th Korean National championship with two marvelous performances landing two triple axels and doing so at her relatively tall height and stately presence at 5 feet 5 inches is remarkable to watch. It is such an inspirational comeback from last Nationals after facing such adversity with over a month long interruption in her training due to the long quarantines she faced during her travels from North America, Japan and South Korea. What impresses me most about Young You is the beautiful flow, picturesque air position, symmetrical rotation, and lovely extension she carries through her jumps, for example the memorable facial expression and pose she makes with her hand on exit to her triple loop. She also has expansive rink coverage, excellent straight line speed and wonderful positions in her Spread Eagle, Biellmann, Ina Bauer and Arabesque spiral. I certainly hope she skates great at the Olympics. She is one of my favorites and exciting to watch.
At the nats without Rusty and country western music
Korean nats.jpg

KaoriFan

Rinkside
Congrats to Young You for her amazing Olympic skates. Her skate was right with Kaori for best of the night. I'm happy to watch it again.

She should get 5th place if Valieva disqualified, but she should have been 4th ahead of Waka. Her skate was perfect and she really had an Olympic moment. I really hate to see the politicking hurt the skater from smaller country like that.

Gold: Kaori Sakamoto
Silver: Young You
Bronze: Wakaba Higuchi

We all know "the situation" with Eteri skaters -- so I hope Young You will get her Olympic Bronze Medal one day.

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
An interview with Young.

Google translation:

Who opened up your possibilities?

My mom is my biggest companion in my figure skating life.
The first time I started figure skating was at the ice rink in Singapore where her mother held her hand and went with her, and at the moment when I watched Yuna Kim's game in Korea and developed her dream of becoming a figure skater, my mother was by my side.
Now that I have become Korea's leading figure skater, I am the one who creates an environment where I can focus on my workouts by doing the training routine that is repeated every day.
My mom sees my program and tells me what I am lacking or what I need to pay more attention to than anyone else.
This advice and encouragement keeps me running towards my goals again when I'm lazy, not motivated enough.
Without her mother's support and dedication, I would not be where I am today.
I'm usually not good at expressing myself, but I really want to say thank you.

4 years later, even on my journey to a higher place than now at the Olympics, I hope you will always be by my side as strongly as you are now.
Today, tomorrow and every day,
We are changing the world with our own possibilities.
We support all women!🔥

gotoschool

Medalist
Young You gave my favorite SP performance even without the triple axel. I would have her in first. Gave up on the "fair" scoring charade long ago. I prefer Young You's performance because she has a clean edge on her triple lutz, the most beautiful jumps with a great combination of powerful movements through them, aesthetically pleasing and graceful air position and extended leg position combined with relatively great height which makes his lines appealing and gives a sense of grandeur to her performances. She also has a engaging combination of dramatic flair in expression, flexibility, impressive speed and rink coverage and she has improved a lot in the intricacy of her edging in the step sequences. She also has a stately and majestic presence. She looks the most impressive from this stationary above the rink vantage point.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Young You gave my favorite SP performance even without the triple axel. I would have her in first. Gave up on the "fair" scoring charade long ago. I prefer Young You's performance because she has a clean edge on her triple lutz, the most beautiful jumps with a great combination of powerful movements through them, aesthetically pleasing and graceful air position and extended leg position combined with relatively great height which makes his lines appealing and gives a sense of grandeur to her performances. She also has a engaging combination of dramatic flair in expression, flexibility, impressive speed and rink coverage and she has improved a lot in the intricacy of her edging in the step sequences. She also has a stately and majestic presence. She looks the most impressive from this stationary above the rink vantage point.

Why no 3a? she was so close to a small medal. If she lands her 3A in the free I think Young makes the podium.