Young You | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Young You

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I always hear speakers in the live streaming telling ( when something like that happens of course ) that we have a new world record for junior ladies for exampmle , dont they ?? As for Young Yoo i really hope they wont pressure her that much from the media like they did for Yuna Kim. And , IMO , Young Yoo is Young Yoo , not another promising Yuna kim or the next Yuna Kim. It is a category of her own , as Kihira for example ( a lot say she is the next Mao ). This is unfair for those kids. I am not implying that giving you a title similar to Yuna Kim is not a WOW thing , BUT those skaters are unique. They are the way they are , not the next of someone who we oved in the past as a competitive figure skater.

I agree that it's no fair to say "next Yuna" or next Mao". Every lady is her unique herself :) And yes, fans are using term "WR", but it's incorrect. Go check ISU page for that. One reason for that is than Base Value of elements changes, so you cannot really compare a score from 2010 program to 2016 program. In Ice Dance for exapmle new element was added this season and also pattern or step seq. BV (don't remember) has risen so every couple's base value will rise along with overall score even if they will do everything like last season (unless they make mistake, but yopu get what I mean). And that's why the scores should be compared only across one season. And there is no such a thing as WR, only Highest Score.

Last edited:

kallirroe

On the Ice
I agree that it's no fair to say "next Yuna" or next Mao". Every lady is her unique herself :) And yes, fans are using term "WR", but it's incorrect. Go check ISU page for that. One reason for that is than Base Value of elements changes, so you cannot really compare a score from 2010 program to 2016 program. In Ice Dance for exapmle new element was added this season and also pattern or step seq. BV (don't remember) has risen so every couple's base value will rise along with overall score even if they will do everything like last season (unless they make mistake, but yopu get what I mean). And that's why the scores should be compared only across one season. And there is no such a thing as WR, only Highest Score.

Good to know that !!! Because i hear all the time that Medvedeva beat the svore of Yuna Kim and i was like WOW , she did it ! Good good to know ! Thats why i was wondering about those extremely high scores in pairs. :S

maea14

On the Ice
:luv17: she's just fantastic. Can't wait to see her skate.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind all her 'tanos. They only really bother me if the arm is crooked and the jump is muscled. Young's technique looks solid, good air position, and her arms are fully extended.
i actually don't have problems with her tano'ing so yeah I think i'm on minority too.. :agree:

maea14

On the Ice
losing a point coz a piece of her headpiece falls while she's in her last spin.. :drama:
anyway congrats to her! i can't wait for her upcoming competitions especially the nationals :yahoo:

skaterr

On the Ice
Young has an aura of confidence. I feel relaxed when I watching her skating. Young puts her fans at ease. :luv17: